still waiting, this is bull****.
    theonecid likes this.
    01-02-12 03:28 AM
    This is not exactly RIM's fault...

The carriers are most likely still busy with their testing and I wouldn't blame them for being thorough either. Nobody wants bricked units returned left, right and centre.
    01-02-12 03:40 AM
    This is not exactly RIM's fault...

The carriers are most likely still busy with their testing and I wouldn't blame them for being thorough either. Nobody wants bricked units returned left, right and centre.
    May be 7.1 is still very buggy and bricking problem is still not solved.
    Or
    may be 7.1 is still not matured enough to 9900 and carriers are tired of attending complains from existing 9900 users.
    01-02-12 04:05 AM
    I really dislike the way RIM's worked this. It's all up to the carriers. If your carrier doesn't release the update, you are s.o.l. Of course, you *could* install another vendors' update BUT if you are a Mac user you can forget about that little avenue too.
    01-02-12 04:10 AM
    I am using leaked 7.1...love it! Settle.
    01-02-12 06:49 AM
    Is anyone genuinely surprised that the release has taken longer than expected? RIM (and carriers) always take longer to get new software releases out the door.
    01-02-12 07:02 AM
    On its way lol
    01-02-12 07:19 AM
    Testing? I wouldn't be surprised is att was the only carrier 'testing' and its being help back to implement restriction.. Like nfc, the mobile hotspot options on att phones will probably be servicebook enabled/disabled by default.... Otherwise we would have seen it the same time as 590.. They both went for carrieg the same day
    01-02-12 10:18 AM
    I really dislike the way RIM's worked this. It's all up to the carriers. If your carrier doesn't release the update, you are s.o.l. Of course, you *could* install another vendors' update BUT if you are a Mac user you can forget about that little avenue too.
    how so? I have been using BB and Macs for a number of years and have been installing non vendor specific OSs. ATT is very poor about OS support esp for older devices.
    01-02-12 11:49 AM
    does no one in Brisbane have a windows based computer they would let you use?
    01-02-12 07:46 PM
    Think of it this way:

ty programmers are on 7.1.

The good ones were moved to BB 10 .
    01-02-12 10:32 PM
    So what's the difference compared to 7.0?
    01-02-12 10:41 PM
    .1 to be precise
    01-02-12 11:15 PM
    Same here... I have NO major issues at all! No mem leaks or battery drains or anything like that. The only thing I found was that notification bar disappear sometimes and to get it back I just have to start typing something on the main screen.
    01-02-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD