I dropped my bb and it got cracked, I took it into a store and they told me that all I need is the lens(not a new lcd) and were trying to charge me way too much. Where can I order a new lens and fix it myself? I know you need tools but can't find the lens on cb shop and checked ebay, which has sellers for china only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 02:37 PM
    If you don't mind me asking how much was too much? And what lens are we talking about? the camera lens or the actual lcd? If the LCD cracked then the person you talked to had no idea what he was talking about. It's touch sensitive and part of the screen, cracked glass = needs a full LCD replacement. Good luck!
    09-13-11 03:34 PM
    Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co. this is one supplier which sells OEM parts.

im also interested about which lens are we talking here?
    09-13-11 03:41 PM
    09-13-11 09:12 PM
    I had the exact same thing happen to my 9930 today. I dropped the phone and have a single crack that runs from side to side on the outer glass of my screen. The LCD itself is not cracked and the touch sensitivity still seems to be working also. I'm tempted to buy that exact same part but none of the videos ive seen show the LCD itself being dismantled its always 1 single piece. Has anyone been just replaced the Touch Screen Digitizer?
    09-20-11 08:22 PM
    Never replaced a digitizer on a 9900 but when i had the 9000, i used to mod it quite a bit and the top glass is stuck on to the LCD with glue, glue is transparent so you cant see it but it covers the whole LCD, tried removing the top glass off the glue before and replace it but no go, once removed you will see the glue when you put it back on.

Not sure if its the same with the 9900 ....
    09-20-11 08:37 PM
    Believe we would normally call that the screen and not a lens.
    09-21-11 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD