Not to beat a dead horse into the ground but GEEZ...the announcement was MONTHS ago, still Blackberry/RIM has NOT released any official news or even anything to keep the hype going like other companies do for their phone. RIM made the HUGE mistake of not only releasing information about this phone WAY ahead of the release date but they made the mistake of pushing the release of the phone!!! (okay that was a lil redundant!). COME ON RIM...Give us SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 9780 is starting to RUST!
    aerosnout likes this.
    07-18-11 07:50 PM
    there is like 100000 other posts like this
    ridesno159 and travaz like this.
    07-18-11 07:56 PM
    Everyone always has their opinion on where RIM made their mistake. How can anyone speak so soon when the phone hasn't even come out yet? If the phone comes out, and it becomes a huge FLOP, then yes, we can point out their mistakes. As for now, for all we know they could have planned this all along. I don't think that the company is full of dummies.
    eBud likes this.
    07-18-11 08:17 PM
    This is very typical of Rim. It's getting close though.
    07-18-11 09:01 PM
    os 7 is a transition phase for rim.the real hype will be qnx and rims knows it.
    07-18-11 09:07 PM
    I agree with th OP! What the heck man!? Give me something!!

This phone will not fail, it is awesome, I think the failure in RIM is the tardiness. No matter how popular this site, we are all a minority in the blackberry market, meaning we know to wait and are pationate about the new phones, so willing to wait. Most people who just go about their lives unfortunately just get tired of their old BB's go to the store and get sold on a Droid or IPhone by some carrier sales person who ofcourse if not going to stall a sale over unannounced phones...

I have a plethora of co-workers who have moved away from their aging Blackberries to mostly iphone and some rearview mirror sized droids. When I asked why they wouldn't wait, their answer was always, wait for what?

Anyway, that is the failure, failure to maintain their customers (main stream not geekie like us).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 09:10 PM
    I was a tad surprised that I didn't find much on RIMs web site about this device. I figured with the trade in credit and all and "getting close to a release date" that they would have the Coming Soon poster up on their web site. But I didn't see one. Oh well, I just don't want to be a day late or miss out on it when it launches. I hope the production numbers are on point.
    07-18-11 09:14 PM
    No one cares about the bold release, except for those of us on crackberry. To most, the release of the blackberry bold is like bic rolling out a new disposable pen.
    anon(52425), ibcop and eBud like this.
    07-18-11 09:22 PM
    No one cares about the bold release, except for those of us on crackberry. To most, the release of the blackberry bold is like bic rolling out a new disposable pen.
    Good point. Since it's been nearly 2 years since TM had a new BB model (9700/9780) and my wife's 8900 is dying - we'll have to get her an Android this week. Hopefully my 9700 will keep humming along til the end of the year when the "full screen" (called Monza?) might be out. Both the 9900 and the Monza were announced "as coming" by RIM this past April.
    If the 9900 were coming in the next week or two, we would wait. Gut feeling is a week or two after Labor Day - about 2 months. If any phone were imminent, it would be up on RIM's site as "coming soon". T-Mobile does that "coming soon" about 3 weeks in advance on most phones.

...mike
    07-18-11 09:46 PM
    The Bold...if it ever gets released, will have half the specs of the top Android phones released within 3 months. Some phones already top it spec wise.

It's just like the Bold 9650, when it was outdated on release.

This is really the only reason. Had this phone been released 6-8 months ago, I feel there would be much more hype around it. It's just that 1.2ghz processor is nice, but it is outclassed by top android phones two times over.

I know the Processor isn't everything, but it is a big deal. Dual core processors can run under clocked on lower voltages than a single core. Possibly improving battery life for the light-average user.
    07-18-11 09:50 PM
    all true but relatively speaking for us looking for a better blackberry experience, it is a kick *** device... if someone is considering beyond blackberry then hes, tech is going to loose in BB
    eBud and aerosnout like this.
    07-18-11 10:56 PM
    Hype matters little to me. Hype is for Apple products.
    07-19-11 12:33 AM
    You ever hear the saying "Knowing too much, can be a bad thing" -- ya well, people have known about the 99xx for quite some time now and fact of the matter is most people who were hyped about -- are no longer. They just want the fracking thing in their hands now. The leaks and the long long long wait killed the hype. Only so many hands-ons and leaks one can take.

Just gimme my Bold 9900 and let me be on my way.
    07-19-11 12:36 AM
    I want it but also want a BlackBerry 10000. Jk. Idk. BlackBerry is a sexy phone. Nothing about it doesn't say GQ. This phone is not an exception and looks the part. I just hope rim is "GQ" enough to not die and go the way of the dodo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 12:49 AM
    Hype matters little to me. Hype is for Apple products.
    That should tell you something.
    07-19-11 01:13 AM
    The OP is correct - any other manufacturer would have been ramping up the marketing ready for launch, so long before the thing dropped the world would know it was on the way. So far, nada - and it'll be out soon so I think they've missed that particular boat...
    07-19-11 01:15 AM
    Not to beat a dead horse into the ground but GEEZ...the announcement was MONTHS ago, still Blackberry/RIM has NOT released any official news or even anything to keep the hype going like other companies do for their phone. RIM made the HUGE mistake of not only releasing information about this phone WAY ahead of the release date but they made the mistake of pushing the release of the phone!!! (okay that was a lil redundant!). COME ON RIM...Give us SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 9780 is starting to RUST!
    All of our hype ran out two months ago. Why would RIM release any news? Wouldn't that be a productive business decision? Maybe even a PR a few months back about the bold going into wireless testing hands.
    07-19-11 01:39 AM
    That should tell you something.
    Tell me what? That the iPhone sells well through good marketing? Of course it does. No one's denying that. That still means little to me though, unless I were to invest in Apple stock.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 07-19-11 at 02:00 AM.
    07-19-11 01:53 AM
    The OP is correct - any other manufacturer would have been ramping up the marketing ready for launch, so long before the thing dropped the world would know it was on the way. So far, nada - and it'll be out soon so I think they've missed that particular boat...
    07-19-11 02:25 AM
    all true but relatively speaking for us looking for a better blackberry experience, it is a kick *** device... if someone is considering beyond blackberry then hes, tech is going to loose in BB
    without a doubt, p.sur ethe bold 9650 had the 624mhz processor in it and forgot the ram, was it 528mb?

The 9900/9930 is a huge upgprade from the previous Bold 9650. There is no denying that. Just when you compare hardware specs outside ofBB...welp
    07-19-11 11:36 AM
    I have been waiting for a long time, like many of us here, and I hate to say this, but I am "over it". It would be great if it would get here sooner rather than later, but whatever,,,,it will come when it will come, im tired of waiting.
    07-19-11 12:32 PM
    I don't suppose you remember the Magnum, do you? That was supposed to be ... a touchscreen Bold 9000. It was scrapped by RIM over two years ago and renewed as the Dakota, which is now finally coming out as the 9900.

In other words, many of us were drooling over this phone back in 2009. (Which is when it should have come out, either instead of or along with the 9700 -- thanks for the awesome vision, Mike L.!) So why should anyone other than die-hard CBers/9000 keyboard fanatics get excited about this?

As someone said earlier in the thread, RIM is reserving the hype for the QNX SuperPhone -- as it should.
    07-19-11 02:39 PM
    Whats so good about QNX? There was so much hype around the playbook, and I don't think that it did as good as it was hoped
    07-19-11 02:47 PM
    Whats so good about QNX? There was so much hype around the playbook, and I don't think that it did as good as it was hoped
    We're talking smartphones here, not tablets. It's RIM's new OS going forward after this OS7 bunch of phones, and if it fails, so does RIM.
    07-19-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD