You really going to make me pull my battery?

32Gb Sandisk HC. I strongly suspect that's not the issue either. If it was an issue with the data stream, I don't think pausing would trigger the issue, and the decoder would undoubtedly not respond to a data issue by playing at the wrong volume.

I vote headphone model. Why not? After all, the media player detects headphones. Perhaps different impedance or something like that. Perhaps we should set up a poll of people with the bug and without, and rule them in or out?
    Also, remember that the bug goes away when playing over speaker or bluetooth.
    tre5tackz likes this.
    05-30-12 02:59 PM
    I vote headphone model. Why not? After all, the media player detects headphones. Perhaps different impedance or something like that. Perhaps we should set up a poll of people with the bug and without, and rule them in or out?
    Headphones it is then... seems plausible to me
    05-30-12 03:01 PM
    Also, remember that the bug goes away when playing over speaker or bluetooth.
    Does it exist with the headphones that ship with the phone? I remember reading a post where a certain brand/model of headphone needed to be plugged in at a specific time, otherwise the volume was too low. Perhaps plugged in before starting the media player.

Edit, found the post. It looks like it was for Beats headphones.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...phones-702188/
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-30-12 at 03:25 PM.
    05-30-12 03:13 PM
    That's ruled out by estro22 (above). He is on a 9900 according to his header, and he has the bug. Which of the above apps do you have, if any?
    I have these apps:

Social Feeds
    Facebook
    Twitter
    BeWeather
    05-30-12 03:20 PM
    I have these apps:

Social Feeds
    Facebook
    Twitter
    BeWeather
    Same as me.

Stock headphones or something else?
    CNParrish likes this.
    05-30-12 03:31 PM
    Installed 9900/7.0.0.585 that came with it, so until those stupid things are solved I'm not upgrading
    This OS is nice thero issues, I repeat zero! Issues! :P
    05-30-12 03:52 PM
    If it's not an app conflict, then it could possibly be a media card issue... size? class? make?

Mine's only an 8Gb SanDisk HC
    I have a Transcend 32GB class 4 card, we can rule this problem out by playing songs that are on the device memory.

I have a few MP3's but most of my music is wma format from my old iPod. No idea of bitrate. All media is on the memory card. Headphones are Bose Tri-port in-ear.

Lots of apps integrate with the media player. Any that offer audible notifications for example.
    MP3 only maybe?

Just BerryWeather paid version, but that's not it.

Do you both use BBM? I don't... and my hearing is fine
    MP3 only problem maybe?
    I do use BBM and Social Feeds but hard to believe they are the trouble makers.
    05-30-12 04:01 PM
    Same as me.

Stock headphones or something else?
    Just regular Sony headphones. I didn't receive any stock headphones with my device.
    05-30-12 04:09 PM
    That's ruled out by estro22 (above). He is on a 9900 according to his header, and he has the bug. Which of the above apps do you have, if any?

Indeed I have the 9900, so it is not device model related.

Also I tried with different headphones and even tried playing song from the device memory so the problem is not related to sd card as well.

To clarify this problem is not always happening but around 1/4 pause+play cycles. (It will happen only if you pause using the middle convenience key)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    tre5tackz likes this.
    05-30-12 04:35 PM
    Of those, I share the following with you:
    WhatsApp (but installed after the bug)
    Social Feeds
    Facebook (default, never used)
    Twitter (default, never used)
    BeWeather

So, the App theory would imply that either Social Feeds or BeWeather are tinkering with the headphone jack and audio settings, which is hard to believe.

Phill, do you have these two apps installed?

I am starting to suspect it comes down to the headphone model. Or perhaps some people have poor hearing.
    I guess we eliminated all the possibilities except of 2:
    1. mp3 only problem.
    2. "not so good" hearing =)
    05-30-12 04:47 PM
    I guess we eliminated all the possibilities except of 2:
    1. mp3 only problem.
    2. "not so good" hearing =)
    Don't be too quick to rule out headphones unless you try a model that doesn't cause problems on someone else's phones.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that pausing with the spacebar caused it for me as well. Are you saying that using the touchscreen to pause avoids the issue?

I'll try on a few of mine when I get a chance.
    05-30-12 04:54 PM
    Don't be too quick to rule out headphones unless you try a model that doesn't cause problems on someone else's phones.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that pausing with the spacebar caused it for me as well. Are you saying that using the touchscreen to pause avoids the issue?

Happens to me if I use the touch screen pause and/or convenience key. I have to stop then play.
    05-30-12 04:58 PM

I rarely use touchscreen/space to pause.
    So I guess the problem is not only with the convenience key.
    05-30-12 05:13 PM
    Jumping in this thread because I too have the Media Player Bug & Sunlight bug going from (7.1.0.267 & up). 7.1.0.205 doesn't have this issue.

You guys say headphone model, well I've used the stock stereo + mic OEM headphones(shipped with phone) and had those for months and experienced them when I went to 7.1.0.267+. I've cycled through various headphones(currently using SkullCandys) and have had the same results(increased volume to the point of pain/discomfort). Also, I've used the pause/play key, space-bar, and touchscreen stop, all had the same bug(volume). i'm on 9900, btw. With so many OSes that have been pushed out, and with the bug still carrying over to each, I don't see it being fixed anytime soon.

This SOFTWARE issue needs to be fixed.
    05-30-12 07:17 PM
    Jumping in this thread because I too have the Media Player Bug & Sunlight bug going from (7.1.0.267 & up). 7.1.0.205 doesn't have this issue.

You guys say headphone model, well I've used the stock stereo + mic OEM headphones(shipped with phone) and had those for months and experienced them when I went to 7.1.0.267+. I've cycled through various headphones(currently using SkullCandys) and have had the same results(increased volume to the point of pain/discomfort). Also, I've used the pause/play key, space-bar, and touchscreen stop, all had the same bug(volume). i'm on 9900, btw. With so many OSes that have been pushed out, and with the bug still carrying over to each, I don't see it being fixed anytime soon.

You are saying .205 don't have this bug and I'm getting tempted to roll back to .205.

Can you remember how was the signal strength on .205 when compared to recent builds?

05-30-12 09:06 PM

You shouldn't have the bug when stopping and resuming play, only when pausing.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    05-30-12 10:04 PM
    You are saying .205 don't have this bug and I'm getting tempted to roll back to .205.

Can you remember how was the signal strength on .205 when compared to recent builds?

Correct. .205 doesn't have this bug. And, the reception is good when you aren't around a bunch of trees. My Mom's house is like a dead zone when I want to make calls.

You shouldn't have the bug when stopping and resuming play, only when pausing.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    I mean't pausing, sorry.
    05-30-12 11:01 PM
    I've heard the single repeat workaround works, but I haven't tested it yet. With that, you presumably don't have to start the song over with the stop key.
    05-31-12 12:52 AM

YES, same with mine, hate this!
    05-31-12 04:24 AM
    Headphones it is then... seems plausible to me
    Now this theory bites the dust too. I have 5 headphones all made by different manufacturers, and they all have the issue. If it's headphone related, it seems avoiding the bug is an exception rather than the rule.

The leading theory is now a failure in hearing on the part of some listeners. :-)

Good news: using the single-repeat workaround works. I like that! What's great is that if you forget, you can just pause again and use it to resume normal play.
    05-31-12 05:00 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD