Hi. I am still using the Blackberry Bold 9900 to whatsapp other friends while travelling. The issue is that the other day I had to delete whatsapp and when I installed it over again a message popped out saying that the app was not supported by this device and that I had to update my phone.

I know whatsapp was going to stop working at the end of this year but I don't understand why isn't it working right now.

PD: I have tried to delete and reinstall the app several times.

Thanks.
    07-10-16 02:30 PM
    Whatsapp has made it clear that it is only going to support IOS and Android in the near future. BB10 and Windows phone users have until the end of 2016.

You didn't say why you had to delete Whatsapp and re-install it, but it is clear that you can no longer use it on your 9900 running on BBOS.
    07-10-16 04:53 PM
    I have a feeling the key words are "while travelling" because I was not able to use YouTube for some reason (would not upload vids while in my hometown) but everywhere else it would. I'm betting there is another issue here. If it was not useable on our devices then more people would likely be talking about this.
    07-12-16 12:07 PM
    As Ralph has said it could be a traveling issue, especially if it's a country where the area code is different, the phone might pick up that you are trying to register a phone number from another country in a different country? i wish more people were using BBM because these issues dont arise and blackberry will keep that app open indefinitely. When will you be going home?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-12-16 12:13 PM