This morning i did hard restart of my bb9900 and after it that i was surprised to see all messages deleted automatically. I have tried restoring the phone with two days old backup but still messages are not restored yet. can any one pls assist on this. I am desperately in need of those communications i have had with my contacts.
    11-15-12 12:05 AM
    Do you save your Message History on Device or Media Card?
    11-15-12 12:44 AM
    I never installed a Media Card. Everything is saved on Device itself.
    11-15-12 12:54 AM
    This is a common problem with what's app and to the best of my knowledge there is nothing that can be done about it aside from complaining to the app provider. Also, insert a media card and save the message history to there and that should help when this happens in future.
    11-15-12 03:14 AM
    Go to your Device settings, then Storage settings, and select "Repair" and then "Media Card".
    Lemme know if it works!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-15-12 03:22 AM
    The only way to save the convos from one restart to the next is to have an SD card installed and tell Whatsapp to save the conversations to the card. I have found that's the only way.
    11-15-12 09:56 AM
    The 9900/9930 is one of the few device models that actually does not require an SD card for chat history to work correctly. There are a few things worth trying, to resolve this issue:
    - Within the app, go to the "Settings" tab
    - Scroll down to, and select, "Media Settings"
    - Look at the "Message History" option, and make sure its not set to "Off". (It should be set to "Device" or "Media Card")
    - If it was set to "off", change it, close the screen, and save changes. If it wasn't set to "off", try turning it off, saving, turning it back on, saving.

If none of this works, contact support, which will send logs with a lot more detail. (and PM me with your phone number and/or ticket number if you want me to directly review those logs instead of waiting for someone on the support team to get back to you)

If you want to actually see if the places we write chat history files exist/work, these are the paths:
    "Device": /Device/home/user/im/WhatsApp/
    "Media Card": /Media Card/databases/WhatsApp/
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-15-12 07:47 PM
    Also when you look at the media setting check for any errors. (I've noticed quite a few, all relate to crypto issues, or corrupt files

I'm having this issue on & off with 2 BB's re-install of the app appears to have fixed 1 of them - the other has not been rebooted so I'm not 100% sure.
    11-16-12 12:06 PM
    I have the same problem on my OS 7 BB 9900. I save to Device Memory and it will work for a few days then in chats it says "Message History Disabled: no Media Card found" even though it's set to Device Memory. In the Message History it shows the following error:

Error: insideConnectDatabase
    getDatabaseUriAndDoBackup:net.rim.device.api.io.fi le.FileIOEXception: (1009)

The solutions I tried so far:

1. Turn off Message History and turn it back on - doesn't work
    2. Re-install Whatsapp - doesn't work
    3. Turn off BB compression - doesn't work
    4. Allow ALL permissions to Whatsapp - doesn't work
    5. Turn Message History off, delete /Device/home/user/im/WhatsApp directory, then turn Message History back on - works but only for a few days or until I reboot the phone

Any thoughts ?
    11-27-12 10:45 AM
    Not sure if this helps, but FileIOException (1009) means the following:
    FS_LOCKED_BY_OTHER_DEVICE - The operation failed because the sdcard is already locked by another device.

What is the full OS version you are running? (7.x.0.yyyy)
    What language is your device set to?

Is your phone plugged into the USB port of a computer when you get this error?
    If not, might there be anything else on the device that could be preventing access to the filesystem? Device security settings? BES policy changes? Something else?

We're always looking to improve how the app responds to situations like this. The BB database is notorious for all sorts of strange errors in places you'd never expect. So if you figure out exactly what's causing this error, let us know, and we'll see about handling it better in the future.
    11-27-12 12:08 PM
    7.1 Bundle 2061 (v.7.1.0.714)
    Display Language: English
    Input Languages: English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Various types of Chinese, Korean
    Not plugged into USB port when getting this error

I recently migrated from a BB 9000 with OS 5 to this BB 9900 using Blackberry Desktop Software. Both the old and new BB have encryption enabled (Stronger, excluding Media & Contacts), but it cannot be turned off for policy reasons. Old BB had no SD Media Card installed, and Whatsapp Message History is set to "Device" on new BB.
    11-27-12 12:25 PM
    I will post my errors next time I get them - the 9900 has been fine with reboots - though I've not done a bat pull in a while, the curve 3G still drops some chat history on re-start (though the last re-start may have been 'dirty')
    11-28-12 06:17 AM
    This issue may very well be a problem with the interaction between encryption on the device and our message history backup rotation.

The next time this happens, it would be helpful if you did the following:
    - Post the contents of the "/Device/home/user/im/WhatsApp" directory
    - Contact support from within the app (this sends us logs), and PM me the ticket number (or your phone number) so I can look it up

You could also try turning off history, deleting the backup files in that directory (names should be obvious), and turning it back on.
    11-28-12 12:08 PM
    I think I did try the delete etc from the 9900 - but it left the old (corrupt) folder behind - a full trashing of it appeared to fix it, and I *think* it's been ok since. The curve I'll have to let you know as I'm not with the phone till im back at home in a few weeks time.

Alas i'm not going to post files from the device here or anywhere else (especially when that data contains chat history and 3rd party contact details - sorry) I will raise a ticket from within the app next time I use it and I can reproduce the error.

I should also point out - if no one has already - status's are broken for everyone and have been since sometime round 09:00 GMT - 'Error - status unavailable' for every contact.
    11-28-12 03:13 PM
    Alas i'm not going to post files from the device here or anywhere else (especially when that data contains chat history and 3rd party contact details - sorry) I will raise a ticket from within the app next time I use it and I can reproduce the error.
    Sorry for not being clear. I wasn't asking for the files themselves, but rather the directory listing showing the file names. The files are encrypted in a way that they can't be read by anything other than our app on your specific phone anyways. And sending the list privately, or in response to the e-mail you get when contacting support, is fine.

(As far as the status issue, its already been reported plenty, and is being worked on.)
    11-28-12 04:19 PM
    thanks for that - i'll check it out when i'm back with that phone & see if I can do some testing for you. I'll also check next time I do a batt pull on the 9900 and see if that behaves.

and it looks like someone's fixed the status issue as well in the past half hr
    11-28-12 05:34 PM
    This issue may very well be a problem with the interaction between encryption on the device and our message history backup rotation.

The next time this happens, it would be helpful if you did the following:
    - Post the contents of the "/Device/home/user/im/WhatsApp" directory
    - Contact support from within the app (this sends us logs), and PM me the ticket number (or your phone number) so I can look it up
    - the "Device/home/user/im/WhatsApp" directory has only one file inside "messageStore.db" (after BB restart)
    - I've now sent you the logs by contacting support from within the app, and PM'ed you the ticket number.
    Last edited by pl720; 11-29-12 at 02:10 AM.
    11-29-12 01:30 AM
    And I take it back - just noticed an error on the 9900.

Error: Sqlite error (schemaUpdate):
    net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException::SQL logic error or missing database.

The folder path as given above is full of stuff;

messageStore.db
    messageStore.db.d.1353947707121.bak
    1353113019540messageStore.db-exception

There are a total of 74 files in that folder location - all with names along the lines of those listed above.

Mesg history by default is 'device' and there is no memory card installed at all and never has been.
    11-30-12 01:43 PM
    Here's an update:

I thought I fixed the issue by manually copying the Device Memory to a computer and then formatting the Device Memory. It took me over 3 hours, and now today it stopped working again with a different error message:

DatabaseFactoryOpenOrCreateExn:net.rim.device.
    api.database.DatabaseIOException: Database
    master key is unavailable (ISE)

Whatsapp official response to my request for support (on the initial error) was:

It sounds like there may be an issue with your phone's built-in SQLite memory database. You might be able to fix this by reloading your phone's operating system. You can find instructions on how to reload your phone's operating system here: How To Reload Your Operating System - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

This is a no-go as my BB can't be backed up / restored due to a date format error which I posted about in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...format-754714/ I've spent well over 6 hours trying to fix this now and starting to get fed up.

Has anyone found a solution yet ?
    12-08-12 12:58 PM
    I am having the same issue with my chat history, I've actually contacted whatsapp support who were no help to be honest. I repaired my sd card, I took everything off it and then formatted it again, I've uninstalled whatsapp and installed it again. Nothing seems to stop the message about an error for chat history from coming up, I have to daily restart my phone so that the message goes away and my history is saved. This is super frustrating since I'm using whatsapp a lot more than my BBM.
    12-08-12 03:31 PM
    my last error cleared on a battery pull and has been ok since - i've not had time to do any further testing yet
    12-10-12 07:47 AM
    I'm having this error. Any idea what it means?

getDatabaseUriAndDoBackup:net.rim.device.
    api.io.file.FileIOException: (11)
    12-16-12 08:10 AM
    I'm having this error. Any idea what it means?

getDatabaseUriAndDoBackup:net.rim.device.
    api.io.file.FileIOException: (11)
    Our latest beta thankfully decodes those numbers into non-numeric, yet still often cryptic, descriptions (from the BB API docs) that might make more sense on occasion. In this case, 11 means NO_FREE_HANDLES.

This most likely means that there are too many open files on the device, and it won't let us open just one more for the database. Not sure what else you have running on the phone, but its probably worth taking a look and seeing if something else is triggering this.
    12-17-12 12:31 PM
    i tried every thing but still its not working what to do dont understand.................i formatted my phone....formatted sd card.....reintalled whatsapp... also selected saving on sd card................but still its not working please help.....??/
    06-04-13 01:22 AM
    I would like to "enable" this feature on my Z10 - there's no such option. And there's no option to stop images/videos from automatic loading. On the Bold 9900 and iPhone I was able to put that to "manually" and only save the things a really want.
    07-25-13 02:46 AM
32 12