just go to blackberry.com ,and do smartphone comparison, you'll get the official specs & details..
    for the review, you can see at CrackBerry Blogs..
    I did take a look and seems the difference seems to be (in addition to 9930 supporting CDMA) in the UMTS bands wherein the 9930 support two bands (900/2100) and the 9900 supports three bands (dont have the details in front of me ).

I have gone to mobile shops in Delhi and have realized that nobody sells the 9930. However I am getting the 9930 online which and is substantially lesser expensive. If somebody is able to confirm whether the 9930 would be able to access 3G from Airtel, then that would be more than sufficient.
    11-02-11 09:43 PM
    Don't get the 9930 because it supports CDMA, No one will activate it on CDMA anyways.

Go get yourself a 9900.

Although in theory it should work but we can't be sure unless you talk to your carrier.
    11-02-11 09:55 PM
    The issue is that, after having spoken to them a few times, i have gotten conflicting answers ranging from it won't work to it should to it does.

Haha not sure whom to believe and frankly i dont think i want to risk $500 when i know $600 for a 9900 is risk free.

The reason for getting the bold anyways is for the playbook since i would like to take advantage of BB Bridge.

Thank you guys.
    11-02-11 10:09 PM
    which one would koodo be ? The bold 9900 or the bold 9930?
    01-11-12 12:48 AM
    If you plan to tether the 9930 under SIM (I.e. Att/tmo sim with data plan) it will not work. Better off with the $600 9900.
    01-11-12 06:17 AM
    I used them both in Romania ( we only have GSM here). 9930 worked fine, i even had 3g on my network. I sold it and got 9900 for the following reasons :
    1. Usage abroad. If in Romania i was lucky and had the networks compatible with 9930's 3G bands, in many other countries in Europe i was forced to use only 2G;
    2. No call forwarding: I was surprised to see that 9930 didn't have the call forwarding option. And i use that a lot.
    3. Updates : 9900 is available for a lot more carriers, so update and leaks are available more often;
    4. No way to ditch the crap gps location icon on home screen , no way to fully disable gps ( just on or e911 only options). subjective, but i hated it.

So, I'd pick up 9900 any day over 9930. Even if it's more expensive.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    01-11-12 06:27 AM
    hi , this is Sidds , i m from India , got BB 9930 ,, this works with GSM ,, when i was checking it puting my CDMA sim in it & after selecting network technology as GLOBAL, it shows the network of 1X ,, but dost allow me to dial any nos ..
    06-09-12 06:22 AM
    Sorry to bring up old thread, but I am just wondering if 9930 support GSM sim card? I know most of the CDMA handsets doesnt even have Sim card slot. Does 9930 has one? and more importantly does it support GSM connection? in a country where CDMA is not so reliable. thanks
    Yes, the 9930 has a GSM SIM CARD slot. Which can be unlocked by the phone company.
    The 9930 is marketed as a world phone, so that while in the USA you can use it on CDMA (Verizon or Sprint) and then when you travel to Europe you can put in a local SIM card to make calls and texts.
    06-09-12 09:03 AM
    hi , this is Sidds , i m from India , got BB 9930 ,, this works with GSM ,, when i was checking it puting my CDMA sim in it & after selecting network technology as GLOBAL, it shows the network of 1X ,, but dost allow me to dial any nos ..

Maybe it is locked Sidds?
    06-09-12 09:04 AM
    which one would koodo be ? The bold 9900 or the bold 9930?

Koodo doesn't offer the 9930. Only the 9790.
    https://shop.koodomobile.com/koodo-c...kBerry-p0.html
    06-09-12 09:09 AM
    The 9900 has a GSM Radio and the 9930 has a CDMA & GSM Radio for over seas & they call it a World Phone.The 9930 GSM will not work in the USA.
    Not true if the 9930 is unlocked. I have an AT&T sim card in my unlocked 9930 and it is working fine on their network. (Yes, I'm in the USA).
    06-10-12 09:28 AM
    I think the best way to think about the "world" capabilities of a 9930 (or 9650) is that it exists so that Sprint and Verizon users can roam in countries where the technology is GSM only. Sprint and Verizon have roaming agreements in various countries, and the SIM card slot and GSM antenna allows the Sprint and Verizon users to access services via the local GSM network. The 9930 and 9650 really aren't intended to be used on a GSM network with a GSM carrier. Can you? Sure, but because of technological limitations, can be tricky (or sometimes impossible) to configure for all available services (for example, may only get 2G) even if you get a SIM with a BIS. Can you put a local SIM in and use it for calls and texts? Yes.
    06-10-12 10:23 AM
    my friend from US give me a 2nd hand 9930, when i used it here in the philippines it works with all service provider BUT the phone always hang when i launch the BBM. Any help?
    07-21-12 10:55 AM
    my friend from US give me a 2nd hand 9930, when i used it here in the philippines it works with all service provider BUT the phone always hang when i launch the BBM. Any help?
    Get the Blackberry data plan from your carrier.
    07-21-12 11:03 AM
    Get the Blackberry data plan from your carrier.
    thats the problem our carrier here always telling me that 9930 only work in US and Canada. I cant even upgrade to OS7.1
    07-21-12 11:07 AM
    thats the problem our carrier here always telling me that 9930 only work in US and Canada. I cant even upgrade to OS7.1
    Does your carrier have any BB for sale, If so it does not matter which BB you have, so long as they support BIS. As for the OS you can always download a leak.
    07-21-12 11:11 AM
    You can update to OS 7.1 by downloading any carriers OS you choose and deleting the Vendor.xml files.

Then update using either DM or Apploader.
    mltan_bdo likes this.
    07-21-12 11:11 AM
    You can update to OS 7.1 by downloading any carriers OS you choose and deleting the Vendor.xml files.

Then update using either DM or Apploader.
    Many thanks, i dont know the process and where i get the data for OS7.1...
    07-21-12 11:17 AM
    If I do succeed software upgrade OS7.1 for my 2nd hand 9930 do i need to unlocked the unit again?...
    07-21-12 11:20 AM
    No, once its unlocked its unlocked forever.
    07-21-12 11:29 AM
    Many thanks, i dont know the process and where i get the data for OS7.1...
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3A73DD99.node1

You can download 7.1 for the 9930 from this link.

Or a more up to date version from here

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...8D3E6AC17B71B0

You also need to install BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC.

Download and install the OS you want to run on your PC.

Run this tool to delete the Vendor.xml files

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

Open Desktop Manager, connect phone and the new OS should show as being available to install.

DO A FULL BACKUP

Install the new OS
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 07-21-12 at 11:37 AM.
    mltan_bdo likes this.
    07-21-12 11:29 AM
    If I do succeed software upgrade OS7.1 for my 2nd hand 9930 do i need to unlocked the unit again?...
    Here a leak OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-718033/

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:
    A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0
    If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".
    If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)
    B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    mltan_bdo likes this.
    07-21-12 11:32 AM
    I already try this yesterday. I delete the vendor, then i connect the usb from the device to PC then i click the loader.exe. after a a couple of minutes it done but still i have the later OS7. meaning unsucessful...
    07-21-12 11:43 AM
    I already try this yesterday. I delete the vendor, then i connect the usb from the device to PC then i click the loader.exe. after a a couple of minutes it done but still i have the later OS7. meaning unsucessful...
    Meaning there are probably 2 Vendor files and you haven't deleted them both.

Run Vendelete and try it again.
    07-21-12 11:47 AM
    There may be a second Vendor file, see elite1 post
    07-21-12 11:47 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD