Word! The only b1tch is the lack of auto focus camera. Other than that, priceless!

reason for the 9900 over the 9790: it was available 2 months ago.

reason I want to keep my 9900: this is the most incredible phone I have ever used. The keyboard is too die for and the idea of having to type on another phone makes me cringe. I still look at this phone and am in awe of the design and beautifulness. No regrets on my purchase.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 08:20 PM
    Is this the same dept. that decided nobody ever types with one hand and made a concave cheap feeling keyboard on the Torch? and a base too wide to span the keyboard with your thumbs on the 9900? and decided that "thinness" was an essential functionality feature? More important than actual features? More important than actually being able to comfortable grasp the thing?
    Ya, this is the same department!! Guess what, they have incorporated another excellent innovation on the Bold 9790. Check this out:

the left/right side curved keys are a joke.
    Phill, can you please elaborate on this one. It's my only concern. Do these keys require sideward pressure to be pressed, since downward shouldn't/ wouldn't work flawlessly I guess, since the keys are curved..
    Those particular keys are so curved down to the sides of the device, there is virtually no surface area to actually press them accurately. Your thumbs just end up either missing them completely, or slipping off them altogether.
    I can always trust Phill's reviews blindfolded. If he says it's difficult to type on those 'innovative' curved keys, then it damn well IS DIFFICULT!!
    Last edited by Kishore Thaakur; 11-19-11 at 01:47 PM.
    11-19-11 01:40 PM
    Word! The only b1tch is the lack of auto focus camera. Other than that, priceless!
    But the question is WHY, WHY, WHY!!

Why would you want to subtract the Auto-Focus lens from your flagship device!! Especially when the competition is giving it's loyalists: cameras with resolutions as high as 8MP, with Auto-Focus Lens and a Front Camera too!!

Why would you want to give raised keys to an all touch 9860. Why would you want to give it a curved back making it look like a $550 Playstation Controller. What's wrong with the iPhone or the Galaxy S form factor. Sometimes SIMPLE IS GOOD..

Why would you want to give the Torch 9810, a tacky Silver Color Check Textured battery door. What was wrong with the simple matte black battery door on the 9800. Infact the rubberized texture would also give the much needed grip while talking.

Why would you want to launch a whole new range of low juice batteries? What was wrong with the old range?

Why would you want to put raised keys on the 9790? What was wrong with the Bold 9700/ 9780 keys? Why would you want to incorporate curved side keys on the keypad making it extremely difficult to type!!

One would want to do this kind of stuff to sabotage competitor's phones!!
    WHY, WHY, WHY, on earth, would you do it to your OWN PHONES!
    Last edited by Kishore Thaakur; 11-19-11 at 02:24 PM.
    11-19-11 02:21 PM
    9900 is what I thought I wanted: a better-looking Blackberry. But it's huge.

IMO, the greatest advantage of a physical keyboard is that it allows for a smaller size. A virtual keyboard is plenty accurate on a big slab of a phone, but would be terrible on a 9790 sized device. Small phones are where the BB form factor excels.

9790 for me.
    11-24-11 10:21 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD