Never thought that I would want another Blackberry ever since I moved on to Android (Loving it) but all of a sudden I want a blackberry. The main reason im coming back is because I really miss the keyboard

The last 2 Crackberries I had was the Bold 9650 and the Curve 9330

My current device is The Google Nexus S 4G which has a "Wolfson DAC" and let me tell you.. music is like sex to the ears with my sennheiser 598's and Beat Pros

So can anybody tell me what type of DAC did RIM put in the bold? music plays a huge role in my commute and I wouldn't want downgrade to some "far" worse

that's the deal breaker..
    09-01-11 03:42 AM
    Heres a thought...why not grab a sd card with some music on it...pop into a mobile phone shop. Ask the manager there if its possible you can put the sd card into a working Bold and see how it sounds???....dont think that would be too unreasonable if you ask me....if it impresses you then the shop gets a nice fat sale.

Dont get me wrong, i think the Bold sounds superb...crystal clear to my ears but then im no frigging audiophile so even my iphone4 sounds pretty damn good and most people wouldnt rate the iphone4 as a great mp3 player...music sounds different to everyone.

Google turns up FA on a search for what type of DAC it has.
    09-01-11 07:02 AM
    A wolfson Dac in a phone is pretty impressive....I doubt you'll get a better sound than you already have unless they start putting in a Sabre 32.

I personally don't know what kind of Dac is in the 9900 but be assured it probably won't be the wolfson.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 08:21 AM
    What I can tell you is that I used to have a Palm Pre 2 and I connect my phone to my car stereo on the road. The 9900 is a big improvement over that, to my ears the DAC is very good.

I'm going to be trying it on my testing stage soon so if I remember I'll come back and give you my thoughts.
    09-01-11 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD