Hello all, Can someone tell me in detail what exactly is host routing table on Blackberry, I mean all i know is we register or re-register it if we are having difficulties on Blackberry service, but i wanna know what exactly it does? register my device on their network or what

And when should i be doing this because when ever i do a battery pull or a reboot sometimes i get the message that its been register and on my (previous carrier i never needed it it only registers once unless i wipe) so please explain a bit

Thanks
    06-18-12 04:23 PM
    HRT is an abbreviation of the Host Routing Tables, which can simply be interpreted as a series of configurations to match your goals and track data that your BlackBerry device uses to connect to the internet. This configuration could be damaged or lost, so you will have difficulty connecting to the internet via the BlackBerry, and to normalize the connection as before, you need to register in order to replace HRT with a new configuration.
    10char.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    06-18-12 04:30 PM
    10char.
    GOOD JOB, thank you!
    How can i know if i'm having difficulties with connection, once i received mails 30 mins delayed, can this be the cause?
    06-18-12 05:00 PM
    In addition, I think it may also be how they can provide BIS lite services. This is where for a flat rate you can do all the BBM, social apps, and other BlackBerry specific functions. Usually these plans do not include the internet browser or email. In other words, the host routing table, routes the services included in the plan through the RIM NOC, BIS service.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    06-18-12 05:03 PM
    In addition, I think it may also be how they can provide BIS lite services. This is where for a flat rate you can do all the BBM, social apps, and other BlackBerry specific functions. Usually these plans do not include the internet browser or email. In other words, the host routing table, routes the services included in the plan through the RIM NOC, BIS service.
    Yes i see, Thanks for adding
    Well I am on a prepaid data plan and i am having it so yeah but i was always wondering if it registers automatically why do we have to normally and one of the carriers i was on before never needed to send service books and all cause unless i really do something wrong to the service books settings.
    06-18-12 05:14 PM
    Other than a battery pull or soft reboot I have had need to send service books to correct a long messge sending and receiving delay. If you are in the habit of keeping hundreds of texts and emails and have hidden sent or received messages this also can cause long delays. Go to the email account on a pc and store the stuff in a folder and clean house. Just my suggestion.
    06-18-12 09:29 PM
    It links your device (PIN number) with your data plan, when a SIM card from one carrier is used you register your device with the BIS account that you have from this carrier, the PIN number updates on your BIS account and it allows you to use data connection with your Blackberry device.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    06-19-12 01:16 AM
    Other than a battery pull or soft reboot I have had need to send service books to correct a long messge sending and receiving delay. If you are in the habit of keeping hundreds of texts and emails and have hidden sent or received messages this also can cause long delays. Go to the email account on a pc and store the stuff in a folder and clean house. Just my suggestion.
    Oh i see, well thanks a lot, and no i am not a heavy users, just rarely i gets any sms, and no i dont have any hidden or stored, but i get about 40 mails a day
    i just dont know how should i check if its delaying the mails, any idea to find out? so i will know its working fine or should i send service books
    plus i once SIGNED OUT of my account on Gmail (from PC) and that also as far as i know might have signed out from BB, is it possible for its delay?
    06-19-12 04:21 AM
    It links your device (PIN number) with your data plan, when a SIM card from one carrier is used you register your device with the BIS account that you have from this carrier, the PIN number updates on your BIS account and it allows you to use data connection with your Blackberry device.
    Good to know, Thanks, And just in case If im having difficulties i will have to register to my carriers BIS again using HRT ? right?
    06-19-12 04:38 AM
    i can register for the host rueting table
    03-12-13 07:34 AM
    i can register for the host rueting table
    you will find it in options>device>advanced system settings>host routing table, press the blackberry button and register now.
    03-12-13 08:07 AM
    Also if your having email (delay) problems it might be your email account and BIS not playing nice together.

Delete & re-add the email account on the phone (After taking a full backup) and that should fix that.

The only time I've ever had to point people towards the HRT is fresh SIM's on brand new phones, or people who have been roaming networks.
    03-13-13 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD