I did the latest system update for my Bold 9900 today, and since it's been installed, I now have an icon where the '3G' icon with the reception bar would be.

It's a horizontal rectangle diagonally split into black and white with a white phone symbol in the black part and a wifi symbol in the black part. What does this mean? and is there a way of changing it back to the 3G as I already have my wifi on anyway directly underneath this symbol.
    06-29-12 07:26 PM
    its the symbol for wifi
    06-29-12 07:55 PM
    I did the latest system update for my Bold 9900 today, and since it's been installed, I now have an icon where the '3G' icon with the reception bar would be.

It's a horizontal rectangle diagonally split into black and white with a white phone symbol in the black part and a wifi symbol in the black part. What does this mean? and is there a way of changing it back to the 3G as I already have my wifi on anyway directly underneath this symbol.
    is it like in the top right corner of this picture: http://mourlife.com/wp-content/uploa...source_560.jpg

that's the UMA calling (or wi-fi calling depending on your carrier) icon. just signals that your calls will go through wi-fi instead of your carrier. it will go away when you turn off wi-fi and switch to your carrier coverage
    RelapseA likes this.
    06-29-12 10:30 PM
    It's for wifi calling/uma.
    Last edited by DD1968; 06-30-12 at 09:46 AM.
    RelapseA likes this.
    06-30-12 01:15 AM
    is it like in the top right corner of this picture: http://mourlife.com/wp-content/uploa...source_560.jpg

that's the UMA calling (or wi-fi calling depending on your carrier) icon. just signals that your calls will go through wi-fi instead of your carrier. it will go away when you turn off wi-fi and switch to your carrier coverage
    Ah yes that's it, thanks a lot
    06-30-12 05:27 AM
    It's the wifi UMA calling symbol. It is one of the best symbols to have on a BB, and you'll be upset if you can't get it
    06-30-12 09:03 AM
    Does wifi calling work on the 9930?
    06-30-12 09:09 AM
    Does wifi calling work on the 9930?
    yes on some of the newer OS builds.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 10:16 AM
    Hi can anyone help me I have this symbol that's popped up and I can't get rid of it, its on my alarms page where you set your alarm and its a red box with 2 prong looking things on the top of it with 3 curved lines on each side I haven't got a clue what it is or ** got there but I can't get rid of it can anyone help
    01-17-13 02:23 PM
    Hi can anyone help me I have this symbol that's popped up and I can't get rid of it, its on my alarms page where you set your alarm and its a red box with 2 prong looking things on the top of it with 3 curved lines on each side I haven't got a clue what it is or ** got there but I can't get rid of it can anyone help
    its an alarm you set from the calendar app, to remove it go to the calendar and remove the alarm scheduled for today
    01-17-13 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD