So now that BB10 is around the Corner,.. What do you think the future holds for the 9900/9930 ?? Do you think we will get perhaps a BB10 version that can run on our phones ?

Or will 7.1 be the end of the line for us ??
    05-17-12 01:35 PM
    No, this question has been asked several times. The BB 10 WILL NOT support the older versions, OS 7 phones! Please use the search at the top so, you don't have to keep asking the same question, over and over and over.

RIM will most likely will continue to improve the OS quality of 7.1.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    05-17-12 01:43 PM
    @ AwJm: BB10 is around the corner? Do you know something we don't? Or "around the corner" means 6-8 months from now?
    05-17-12 01:48 PM
    No, this question has been asked several times. The BB 10 WILL NOT support the older versions, OS 7 phones! Please use the search at the top so, you don't have to keep asking the same question, over and over and over.
    Did you not see the

Yeah, around the Corner As in months away ... 2013 is around the corner.. it's all relative..
    05-17-12 01:54 PM
    you answered your own question. 7.x will most likely be revised to a certain extent.
    05-17-12 03:08 PM
    18 Months is normal tenure for RIM to support older OS�s. So, by mid/ end of 2013 OS7.x will be dead if BB10 lives up its expectation.
    05-18-12 12:17 AM
    BB10 will be so different from past RIM OS that it will take all new hardware. RIM will continue to do a bug fix or two but they are working the hardest on getting BB10 up and running.

If RIM fails at BB10 . . . . . .
    05-18-12 05:19 AM
    Rim will support a device until 2 years after its end of life from what I have seen. As far as BB10 goes its the future for blackberry and probably will be 4G in most models. VERIZON has already stated that all smart phones will be 4G moving forward.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-18-12 05:32 AM
    Sorry. No bb10 on the 9900. But I wouldn't want to switch to bb10 just yet. It is too new and doesn't have bes support.
    05-19-12 02:29 AM
    Sorry. No bb10 on the 9900. But I wouldn't want to switch to bb10 just yet. It is too new and doesn't have bes support.
    Right. Despite a QNX based BlackBerry OS being out for more than a year, it's still immature and can't live up to a lot of what BBOS has built over the last decade or so. There are so many variables and questions like how its radio support will be, how battery will compare, how secure it will be, etc.

My biggest gripe with Tablet OS/BB10 right now is the PIM apps are nowhere near as fast as BIS/BES. I guess part of the reason is due to it not staying open and constantly being active. In turn, the PlayBook has to reload it everytime a message must be read.

But BB10 has much more potential and is obviously a more modern OS. It's also scalable whereas BBOS is not. I'm looking forward to see how it evolves over the years in stability and design.
    05-19-12 03:19 AM
    RIM might not be around by the time they get ready to release 10/QNX for a handset.
    05-19-12 03:02 PM
    Just enjoy the BEST BlackBerry yet made, The Bold 9930. Companies don't make money by keeping a device updated more than a year and a half, two tops. Hence, the two year UPGRADE for only $199.99

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    KoolKeyth5 likes this.
    05-19-12 05:00 PM
    Eh If they stop making updates for it I'm sure it'll still be a solid phone.

Currently trying to sell my Acer Iconia A500 so I can purchase one. Or a Galaxy Tab. Depends on which one I need more LOL.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-19-12 05:59 PM
    18 Months is normal tenure for RIM to support older OS�s. So, by mid/ end of 2013 OS7.x will be dead if BB10 lives up its expectation.
    If this is true, then the period of support is good enough for me. I don't think they can do better than this anyway because I am happy with the new leaked version. Only the app selection should be improved.
    05-20-12 10:30 AM
    Typically the life of a phoine is 24 months - the length of the contract, right?

Carriers hate phones so manufacturers HAVE to keep pushing new models out the door to get consumers (you 'n me) to WANT new handsets.

By an odd coincidence my 9700 failed 7 days outside the 2 year warranty period. Strange that.

I had to go back to my old 8310 and I though (apart from the crap browser) what a nice phone it was. RIM make good phones.

I bought an iPhone to try. I hated it. Locked down tight, no customizations, no Auto On/Off, Bluetooth and WiFi trying to connect to everything within range. Apps with virtually zero custom options. Used it for a month and sold it.

I went back out and bought a 9810 full price and am back in the BlackBerry fold (with all its sh!t) and am happy.

I am awaiting BB10 but it sure won't be on any of the current hardware.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-20-12 11:16 AM
    I bought an iPhone to try. I hated it. Locked down tight, no customizations, no Auto On/Off, Bluetooth and WiFi trying to connect to everything within range. Apps with virtually zero custom options. Used it for a month and sold it.

I luv dis - so true ...
    05-20-12 11:44 AM
    When they release a bold bb10 I'll switch
    05-21-12 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD