What are the differances between the Bold 9900 and the Bold 9930?

I have been looking for the answer, but have yet to get an all-inclusive, answer.

Thank you.
    03-18-14 08:52 PM
    9900 is for GSM networks (most networks). 9930 is for CDMA networks (Verizon and Sprint, plus a few other ones).

That's about it.
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-18-14 08:57 PM
    Basically one is a GSM phone CDMA phone.
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-18-14 08:58 PM
    It's the cellular radio bands. The 9930 is intended as a North American CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) phone, with additional support for 2G GSM (outside the US only, I think, but I could be wrong), and some support for typically European UMTS/HSDPA bands. The 9900 has typically North American GSM/UMTS/HSDPA bands (and will work with AT&T, Telus, Bell, Rogers, and others).

Basically, if you live in the US, the 9900 is for AT&T and many other carriers and the 9930 is for Verizon and Sprint.

If you live in Canada, just buy a 9900, unless you're on WIND or Mobilicity (in which case, you should google, consult the company reps, or scour redflagdeals.com for information on a phone that will work for you).

Of course, there's also the issue of carrier lock. Even if a phone has the right bands for your carrier, it may be locked to a different carrier. A company can "lock" a phone so that it can only be used with their service, even if the bands are the same as other carriers use. If you don't know about locking and unlocking, you need to: a) do some research to learn how to unlock phones (which is fairly easy); b) make sure that you buy a phone locked to your carrier of choice; or c) buy an already unlocked phone.

I hope this helps. If not, ask more questions
    Mangelhaft likes this.
    03-18-14 09:20 PM
    I would like to thank everyone who has responded.

I recently got a Q10, to replace my 9900. I had to replace the USB port in my 9900, since the charging cable flopped into a salt water moistened footwell of my work truck this winter, and I subsequently plugged it into the phone. I replaced hte USB jack, but the brine got further into the phone and USB communication is now impossable. I recently saw a good deal on an almost new, unlocked 9900 and want to get it as a back up. As a field supervisor and dispatcher, I can not function without field coms.
    03-18-14 09:51 PM