Just wondering what phones all left for the BB 9930? I left an Iph4 for this but am on the fence, love the 9930 but feel like BB may be lacking in some areas. If you guys could give your feed back to what your thinking too...
    08-19-11 09:04 AM
    Left from Storm2 and loving the Bold Touch.
    I also had the iPhone 4 and returned it in about a week because I decided all that its good for was the apps, which I didn"t even care for.
    08-19-11 09:07 AM
    Left it for my 9700. Loving it so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 09:12 AM
    Came from a Torch 9800.

What are you on the fence about? The lack of apps?
    08-19-11 09:15 AM
    LEAVING htc evo 3d & samsung epic. Just tired of android but can tolerate it on the htc, samsung I'm leaving period. I swear if you mention samsung and me owning one of their devices I might gorilla kick you in the face.
    beemir, Velize and chiefbroski like this.
    08-19-11 09:15 AM
    Left it for my 9700. Loving it so far.

+1..........
    08-19-11 09:17 AM
    Left my Storm2. Loving this Bold! Need to get a few apps updated but otherwise, it's a Great Blackberry!
    08-19-11 09:21 AM
    Left my 9650 and HTC Thunderbolt.
    08-19-11 09:24 AM
    Had the storm, then a curve to tide me over until this bad boy came out.
    Absolutely love this thing.
    08-19-11 09:30 AM
    Left my 9780 which started to lose its shine as the older phones like the 9700 were getting far more OS updates and the 9780 OS was never stable until recently. It was full of bugs all the time.

I am so happy that this phone is super fast, has the best keyboard ever, and even on the early releases (I am using 296 which came already installed in the phone), I am facing 0 errors. I am very impressed with what RIM did and really raised the bar with a quality device!
    Velize likes this.
    08-19-11 09:35 AM
    Well I am on the fence about keeping it. Love the phone but the lack for app development maybe an issue, also with the rumors that a qnx Bold is coming and this one will be obsolete. I bought off contract and to have a dust collector that costs that well. Also with an iph5 coming. I know there will always be something new or better, I had android and always went back to the BB or iphone. I waited for the 9000 to come to verizon like the size and form, keyboard is awesome.. Just hope its not their stepping stone and gets left behind.
    rutabox likes this.
    08-19-11 09:36 AM
    Well I am on the fence about keeping it. Love the phone but the lack for app development maybe an issue, also with the rumors that a qnx Bold is coming and this one will be obsolete. I bought off contract and to have a dust collector that costs that well. Also with an iph5 coming. I know there will always be something new or better, I had android and always went back to the BB or iphone. I waited for the 9000 to come to verizon like the size and form, keyboard is awesome.. Just hope its not their stepping stone and gets left behind.
    Remember how long it took them to get these phones?Don't worry, you'll get at least a year out of the 9900 before the QNX phones:P . Also, While there aren't as many Blackberry Apps, I've found that the ones I actually care about are generally better/available on Blackberry. I.e., less apps, but more functionality in the apps IMO.
    08-19-11 09:39 AM
    Iphone 4, but still in trial mode.
    08-19-11 09:40 AM
    I agree with you guys, as much as i use the phone its for email, text some web. I like the options for apps, i do agree BB apps are more developed. Also I am in opinion that there will be no LTE iphone this year, but could be wrong. I will continue to use BB for a bit and see how it grows on me. Love to hear opinions and pros cons about the phone. Maybe you found something cool.. Let me know if I am missing something.
    08-19-11 09:47 AM
    Motorola Droid Pro and Blackberry 9650
    08-19-11 10:02 AM
    I left a Samsung SCH-i760, Windows Mobile 6 phone. I've been waiting for a suitable replacement with a nice keyboard.

I am a big fan of Opera Mini 4. I know this is extremely old, but I can pull up most websites faster and navigate easier with this. No issues with pinch to zoom, etc. Web based Gmail works great in this browser. I was happy to see how well Opera Mini 4 worked on BB9930, much better experience then in the i760. Only issue is the trackball is slow, but the touchscreen works great for moving around.

I really love how well this phone works. I had never even touched a Blackberry before, and it is such a pleasure to use. I just need to learn all the keyboard shortcuts.
    08-19-11 10:06 AM
    left a bold 9650
    08-19-11 10:07 AM
    Iphone 4 and not going back. This is a great phone and meets all of my needs.

08-19-11 10:15 AM
    I left a droid 2. I only had it for 2 months and hated everyday of it.

I had the droid 2 laying around the office because some dope got it and then left the company . Never got the email working probably and hated the gmail requirement/intergration.

But at least I have a real world experience of why I strongly dislike the android platform.
    08-19-11 10:18 AM
    Original Bold 9000
    08-19-11 10:57 AM
    I left a Samsung SCH-i760, Windows Mobile 6 phone. I've been waiting for a suitable replacement with a nice keyboard.
    I was still using an WinMo 6.5 Xperia X1A for the same reason.

I couldn't find another cell which was: Small, touchsreen, high resolution (800x480 in a 3" screen) and nice hardware keyboard.

Enjoying the 9900, but confused about the lack of a proper app to monitor stocks, especially considering this is a business phone.

Blue is alright, but it is apparent it was not designed for the resolution/size of the 9900. Stocks & Weather notifications were built into the HTC Sense skin I put on the X1A.
    08-19-11 11:10 AM
    I left Android in general and my recent device was the Droid 3 on Verizon. I like my upgrade.
    08-19-11 11:25 AM
    I left the iPhone 4. Great phone, but not the best device for my needs. I am happy to be back with BB and I am in love with the keyboard. My wife even commented last night as I was typing an email that I looked so much more relaxed not to mention the fact that I typed the email in half the time. She said "You missed your Crackberry, didn't you?" Yes, I sure did!
    08-19-11 11:26 AM
    Thanks to all for your input thus far..
    08-19-11 11:28 AM
    Iphone 4, but still in trial mode.
    I'm in this same boat. I came from an i4 but I am in trial mode. I might end up using both.
    08-19-11 11:33 AM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD