Aaah, sorry, I'm pretty sure flagging doesn't prevent deletion. You're outta luck with that one!
    I'm not sure I know of any email app, mobile or desktop, where you can mark an email to be "read-only" or undeletable.
    I wouldn't have much use for flagging, if I bother to check emails I make sure I have time to reply if need be. When you can type faster and enjoy it on this device, it doesn't take long.
    10-24-16 12:39 AM
    What a thought?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 05:12 PM
    Stop smoking that stuff Lincoln,it messes with your brain cells
    10-27-16 05:37 PM
    I wouldn't have much use for flagging, if I bother to check emails I make sure I have time to reply if need be. When you can type faster and enjoy it on this device, it doesn't take long.
    Actually I rarely use flagging to delay my email responses. As you said, with this keyboard, it doesn't take long to deal with it and I don't check it if I don't have time.

99% of my usage is for a to-do list. Paying bills, picking up delivery notices, etc. I read the email, set the flag/reminder & it's out of my mind so I can think of other stuff. I know my Bold will ping me when the time comes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-28-16 12:15 AM
    i like the 9930 Bold but i want a slight upgrade. I love the keyboard so i want to keep that. I am not looking for a high end BB just something a touch better. So safe to assume to Q10 is that answer? is there a better BB7 phone that the 9930?
    11-04-16 12:01 PM
    i like the 9930 Bold but i want a slight upgrade. I love the keyboard so i want to keep that. I am not looking for a high end BB just something a touch better. So safe to assume to Q10 is that answer? is there a better BB7 phone that the 9930?
    Q10 or Classic are probably your best options. The 9900/9930 is widely regarded as the best all-around BBOS phone made. And I still prefer its keyboard above all others. But Q10 and Classic are both good phones and their keyboards are both very good.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    11-04-16 01:13 PM
    Don't listen to the people who say BB10 is dead. BB7 is still very much alive and how many years has it been since the last phone was made?

Bottom line, buy the device that works for you. If you use your phone strictly for text messaging and e-mail, there is no "upgrade" to the 9930 and probably never will be. If you want a better Web browsing and social media experience, the Classic is the only BB10 phone that they put the trackpad and navigation keys on.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    11-13-16 06:12 AM
    BB10 gives you complete control over notifications in a way Android and iOS still don't. It's a logical successor to BBOS if that's important to you more than today's popular apps. Thanks to Android the Priv's LED is worthless if you keep your phone on silent due to work and different sleep schedules. There is no way to have the LED function and the phone sounds be silent.
    Huh? I have a Priv and you can absolutely have the LED working without any notification sounds...
    02-23-17 10:12 PM
    Huh? I have a Priv and you can absolutely have the LED working without any notification sounds...
    It doesn't work in Priority Only mode though which is the only way for me to be able to use Android while being on-call for work regularly. I've tried everything over the last six months. Nothing has worked.
    02-24-17 01:28 AM
    Sorry OP, there is no UPgrade. Only sidegrades. BB10, iOS and droid all evolved from completely disparate priorities, compared with 9900. Different tools doing things differently.

The term "upgrade" implies that lessons learned from some previous version were applied to a newly "upgraded" version. Since no significant portion of code, or even experience, from BBOS was included into BB10, by deliberate strategy, BB10 simply can't claim to be an upgraded version of OS7. Only newer and different. Arguably better, in some regards, but also less experienced.

BB10.0's deceptive numeric version convention really should have been BB1.0.0, imo. A completely new, and fresh start that intentionally abandoned as much as possible of BBOS's many years of evolutionary experience. (Reportedly because of a silly book ML had read. Lol.) Thanks partly to its 1.2GHz processor, among many other things, 9900 represents the ultimate flagship of BBOS. Much akin to how Passport represents the ultimate flagship of BB10.

All that said, great as our 9900's are, there are things that BB10 handsets do that 9900 doesn't. And vice versa, as well. PassPort, Z30 and D60, tho, all beckon from my desk. 9930 and Classic are out here in the field with me. 9930 in left hand this instant. (While right hand feeds breakfast to face... Without interruption. ) If, like me, you've grown addicted to the precise efficiency of toolbelt & trackpad, Classic is worth a look. Thanks to its toolbelt, it represents the most single handed friendly handset of any platform since 9900, imo.

Compared to our comfortably compact 9900s, Classic is oversized & overweight, imo. It also lacks: swappable battery, convenience keys and charging contacts. BUT, latest 10.3.3 has finally refined Classic's toolbelt implementation to the point that my hand actually enjoys using it, now. Coming from me, that says a LOT. Fwiw.
    02-24-17 07:51 AM
    No, Porsche devices are nothing more than a bourgeois skin

Posted from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    Well, the 64gb of internal memory is certainly a nice upgrade 3 years back
    02-24-17 07:54 AM
    You avoided BB10 for so long I can't see why you would want to jump in now. That is like buying a ticket for the Titanic after it spotted the iceberg.
    100%, im also using now the bold 9930 and my next step is probably the mercury.
    02-24-17 07:57 AM
    Sorry OP, there is no UPgrade. Only sidegrades. BB10, iOS and droid all evolved from completely disparate priorities, compared with 9900. Different tools doing things differently... Thanks partly to its 1.2GHz processor, among many other things, 9900 represents the ultimate flagship of BBOS. Much akin to how Passport represents the ultimate flagship of BB10.
    Great points.

...BUT, latest 10.3.3 has finally refined Classic's toolbelt implementation to the point that my hand actually enjoys using it, now. Coming from me, that says a LOT. Fwiw.
    WOW. That's a big deal, coming from you, Steve! Interestingly, if you don't have the Classic, you'd never know about the change in how the 10.3.3 handles the toolbelt. That flaw has run through the distribution of Blackberry 10 from March 2013: I'm still discovering -- by accident -- BlackBerry 10 features I love. I wish BlackBerry had put a little effort into showing off the features of a superb but uncomfortably different OS.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-24-17 08:50 AM
    Classic. Otherwise Mercury. I would advise Mercury for longevity, but I guess the Classic will do as well since you're still on the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 10:52 AM
64 123