And will die in it.
    BB10 phones will still work well into the next.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-19-16 10:48 PM
    BB10 phones will still work well into the next.
    [citation needed]
    10-19-16 11:15 PM
    [citation needed]
    I like and use BB10 and there's nothing you can do about it.
    10-19-16 11:17 PM
    Well, I have to side with the the Q10 camp.
    10-20-16 01:19 AM
    Moving to a Classic now will inevitably lead to another thread asking which phone to move to when BB10 bites the dust. Better to be thrust into this decade with a platform that isn't comatose.
    Yeah ... because anyone who doesn't buy a brand new $700 Android phone every 24 months is a looooser who is so old fashioned they don't even DESERVE to have a phone!!!
    10-20-16 06:43 AM
    Other issue is how easy is it for someone to find a Q10 or a Classic these days.... they are both EOL products. Can the OP find them in his market? Can he buy them with a warranty?

To me an "upgrade path" should be based on a current product. Sadly for some BlackBerry users, threr simply is no upgrade path... just a dead end.
    10-20-16 07:24 AM
    Other issue is how easy is it for someone to find a Q10 or a Classic these days.... they are both EOL products. Can the OP find them in his market? Can he buy them with a warranty?

To me an "upgrade path" should be based on a current product. Sadly for some BlackBerry users, threr simply is no upgrade path... just a dead end.
    Some people don't need to upgrade their phone every year and are perfectly content to buy them through Amazon, eBay, etc.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    10-20-16 07:46 AM
    Moving to a Classic now will inevitably lead to another thread asking which phone to move to when BB10 bites the dust. Better to be thrust into this decade with a platform that isn't comatose.
    I tend to agree and kind of said something similar in another thread. Accept reality and at this moment that is either some version of an Android device or an Apple device. I would agree that BB10 was terrific as an OS but it has not succeeded. It is not dead but it is fading. Obviously, it still works and if you don't need Apps or more modern versions of them, then it can probably serve many users.

My move from the 9930 was the Z10, then the Z30 and this past march the Priv. Other than Verizon's stalling on both Security Updates and OS upgrade, it is, I think, a very nice device. I'm still making peace with Android or perhaps Google wanting too much information and its App developers going along, similarly, wanting too much information (that is wide open permissions). BB can sell the Priv and Dtek's as more secure but that is questionable with Android at its base. But, again, 2016 verging on 2017 and it is not a BB10 era!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-20-16 08:50 AM
    I have the Bold 9930 i would like the next upgrade, is the Q10. Z10. Just want something a little better.

Well, as the #34 poster, I'll do the obvious. brymichig, what precisely are you looking for in an upgrade? What functions and apps do you need? Do you prefer a keyboard or all-touch?
    10-20-16 10:00 AM
    Nothing beats the passport
    Except for the Classic the Priv the Q5 Q10 The Z10 Z3 Z30 the Bolds the Torch the Curves the porche designs and DTEKs although it does beat the Storm The Leap and the Pearls

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-16 12:49 PM
    The BOLD 9900 is still 'top dog' an old dog... but still tough sleek in everything.
    10-20-16 04:38 PM
    The BOLD 9900 is still 'top dog' an old dog... but still tough sleek in everything.
    And still very fast doing general browsing messaging even YouTube videos and social network.
    Lithtech likes this.
    10-20-16 09:58 PM
    Q10 all the way! I have, and still use the Bold and also Q10 and Z10 and other BB10 phones. Q10 is the right size and has the keyboard. Classic and Passport are too large.

You will miss some things with the Bold, but gain other abilities.

Forget the naysayers! Internet and cell standards are going to be stable for quite a few more years. It's not like the phones will stop working.
    10-21-16 01:09 AM
    And still very fast doing general browsing messaging even YouTube videos and social network.

Yeah, you know what I just realized looking at my other half working on the iPhone? It has no function to flag emails for followup
    You can flag, but that's it. I think Android doesn't fare much better. On my Bold I can set separate due dates and reminders at specific times and more.

It's all these tiny little things that still make BlackBerry such a productive machine for WORK! That's why I personally would not consider any 'droid or iPhone and "upgrade"

I'll say it again, if you give me a new flagship iPhone or Android, I would sell it and stock up on more BlackBerry 10 or even 7 machines
    10-21-16 01:30 AM
    Yeah, you know what I just realized looking at my other half working on the iPhone? It has no function to flag emails for followup
    You can flag, but that's it.
    Can you give me an example of why one might flag an email. I don't think I've ever done this.
    10-21-16 02:13 AM
    Totally agree, the phone came out in what ? 2011? it's now 2016, i would love to know how many active 'BIS' accounts under the BOLD 9900 are in use today ? i know some Japanese service closed it down, but in china? BIS is still going strong and i saw many bold 9900 during my stay in china.

In UK, every cell network still offer the 'BIS'service at �6 a month (cheap eh?)

But to this day, i still get asked/questioned (why the fk.. you using a BOLD9900 or let alone a Blackberry)

*my reply?*

BECAUSE ITS SAFE/SECURE AND KOOOOOOL !

lol
    10-21-16 05:16 AM
    Can you give me an example of why one might flag an email. I don't think I've ever done this.
    I do this all the time for work and even some personal emails.

If I get an email that requires follow-up or response on my part, but I'm in the middle of something else or can't take action on it right away, I flag it.

It's like I add it to my "queue" when I do this. When I'm ready to work on emails in my queue, I simply look at all the emails I've flagged and tackle the next one.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    10-21-16 07:07 AM
    Totally agree, the phone came out in what ? 2011? it's now 2016, i would love to know how many active 'BIS' accounts under the BOLD 9900 are in use today ? i know some Japanese service closed it down, but in china? BIS is still going strong and i saw many bold 9900 during my stay in china.

In UK, every cell network still offer the 'BIS'service at �6 a month (cheap eh?)

But to this day, i still get asked/questioned (why the fk.. you using a BOLD9900 or let alone a Blackberry)

*my reply?*

BECAUSE ITS SAFE/SECURE AND KOOOOOOL !

lol
    Probably the best BlackBerry made
    10-21-16 10:18 AM
    Q10 all the way! I have, and still use the Bold and also Q10 and Z10 and other BB10 phones. Q10 is the right size and has the keyboard. Classic and Passport are too large.

You will miss some things with the Bold, but gain other abilities.

Forget the naysayers! Internet and cell standards are going to be stable for quite a few more years. It's not like the phones will stop working.
    I agree with all of the above. BlackBerry is the BEST of the BEST, and I have all the BB10s that I know of, when I found the Q10, it was love at first site and happily ever after for my simcard, no more switching. A powerhouse with a BIG battery, loud sound for its size, lightening fast on the internet, and fits in the palm of your hand like the Bold, yet, in many ways, the Bold is still better, and before the Q10 I kept going back to the Bold for my simcard phone, for size, and, for streaming audio it is very much easier on data usage (and that says a lot when you live in a place with little to no free wifi!).

Now, if you end up wanting more than one BlackBerry, check out the Passport for your next mini-tablet-laptop!

But if you just want one phone to do it all, the slightly too big and too heavy Classic has better ease of use with that trackpad and toolbelt, and just might serve you better than the Q10, all depends on what you mostly do with your phone. The size is easy to adjust to.

I just don't get why people keep saying to leave BB10 if it still does all you want. And especially I can't understand why it is said so much RIGHT HERE, possibly bc they're not allowed to talk about BlackBerrys at ... that other site ...
    10-21-16 11:39 PM
    Oh, many examples!
    - My library sends me an e-mail saying my books will be due, so I flag it and put a reminder on it so I will return the books on time.
    - My cell provider sends me a message that my bill is ready. It's not due right now, so I flag it and set a reminder to buzz me a day before it's due so I remember to pay.
    - I get a simple email with a question, I've read it, but I can't answer right now (on the road, need to get at some information elsewhere), I flag it so I make sure I remember to get around to it later.

On the iPhone, I know you can flag it and that's all. On Android, I haven't tried the latest, but my understanding is you have to download a separate mail app to do that. On my Bold?
    - In your email inbox, press "Alt-F" to automatically filter only your messages with a flag
    - You can set the flag to many things, "Call", "Follow up", "Forward", "Read", "Reply", "Review", etc.
    - You can flag with 7 different colours
    - You can flag status as completed or not
    - You can set a due date, which can then pop up a reminder at the appropriate date & time.

It's fantastic! If the inbox is your communication hub, you can set your tasks right there, which is really handy.
    As I mentioned before, when I saw someone do it on the iPhone, it was really painful. You have to read the email, remember the details, then go back and manually set a reminder to deal with it.

BB10 also has this feature, but it acts slightly differently. As soon as you flag a message, it shows up in Remember instead. In some ways it is less convenient, but it is also centralizes all your task/to-do's in one place. Either way it beats the pants of the other guys!
    The thing is, if all you can do is set a flag on an email, you are probably not going to use it because you can't do anything with it. It just puts an icon next to your message.
    10-22-16 11:47 PM
    I'm surprised BIS/BB is in China? I did not know that.

If someone asks me, I'd say:
    "Because I can make voice calls faster & better than you (the press & hold a key quick dial!), because I can hammer out messages faster and more accurately than you, because when you're stuck to the wall charging, my phone is still running or it's a quick battery change away to keep me going, because it's a mobile phone that actually fits in my pocket, because there are so many productivity features that make me get stuff done way faster so I can get off my phone. Because if it ever breaks, it's easily serviceable. It's a wonderous device that still responds instantly to my commands.

But the camera kind of sucks ... :P
    10-22-16 11:53 PM
    Oh, many examples!
    - My library sends me an e-mail saying my books will be due, so I flag it and put a reminder on it so I will return the books on time.
    - My cell provider sends me a message that my bill is ready. It's not due right now, so I flag it and set a reminder to buzz me a day before it's due so I remember to pay.
    - I get a simple email with a question, I've read it, but I can't answer right now (on the road, need to get at some information elsewhere), I flag it so I make sure I remember to get around to it later.

On the iPhone, I know you can flag it and that's all. On Android, I haven't tried the latest, but my understanding is you have to download a separate mail app to do that. On my Bold?
    - In your email inbox, press "Alt-F" to automatically filter only your messages with a flag
    - You can set the flag to many things, "Call", "Follow up", "Forward", "Read", "Reply", "Review", etc.
    - You can flag with 7 different colours
    - You can flag status as completed or not
    - You can set a due date, which can then pop up a reminder at the appropriate date & time.

It's fantastic! If the inbox is your communication hub, you can set your tasks right there, which is really handy.
    As I mentioned before, when I saw someone do it on the iPhone, it was really painful. You have to read the email, remember the details, then go back and manually set a reminder to deal with it.

BB10 also has this feature, but it acts slightly differently. As soon as you flag a message, it shows up in Remember instead. In some ways it is less convenient, but it is also centralizes all your task/to-do's in one place. Either way it beats the pants of the other guys!
    The thing is, if all you can do is set a flag on an email, you are probably not going to use it because you can't do anything with it. It just puts an icon next to your message.
    Hmm but can't you accidentally delete the email even if you flag it? I have a habit of using "delete prior" and that would probably wiped even the flagged ones, but I'll give this a try and see what happens...
    10-23-16 01:51 AM
    I'm surprised BIS/BB is in China? I did not know that.

Yup, in china everyone has the older BB phones though Torch Pearl Curve and the BOLD, and they all had BIS enabled on them, you know that little BB logo to right.

Some had the classic and passport too!

The market is there for BB, in china they need to focus on it... also the BOLD9900 sells like hot cakes, i remember visiting a blackberry store in china they had 8 bolds on sale (i got one) and i came back the next day and all the bolds are gone lol... i asked him where are they ? (he said all sold) - Maybe it was 'KIM' LOL
    10-23-16 05:26 AM
    Aaah, sorry, I'm pretty sure flagging doesn't prevent deletion. You're outta luck with that one!
    I'm not sure I know of any email app, mobile or desktop, where you can mark an email to be "read-only" or undeletable.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-23-16 10:58 AM
    The strengths and benefits are subjective, of course.

For example, some may perceive a physical keyboard as a strength, others may not.

For me, the BB10 implementation of the Hub is still better than BlackBerry's Android version. It is always "behind" everything and accessible with a mere gesture. I can even briefly peek at it without completely leaving an app.

Active Frames still provide me better multi-tasking and are a more efficient method of toggling between 3+ apps.

Cloud storage integration within the file manager is a huge plus for me. I use Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box and I can easily access all my files in the same place.

Custom notification profiles combined with the notification LED make it easy for me to know which account the last email came from or who is texting me without even picking up the phone.

Physical keyboard shortcuts open up a whole new world of efficient navigation around the OS and apps, as well as launching specific apps or speed-dialing with the long press of a key.

Show me an Android M or N phone as compact as the Q10 with a physical keyboard and replaceable battery.

Do you see my point? Each platform, each device has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. For each of us, it comes down to which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

BB10 still offers an experience no other platform does.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    THis^. Great points my friend. There are many who seem to be confused with what BB10 offers more than the droid counterparts. You have listed each and everything precisely. That is something I would have never been able to do.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-23-16 09:29 PM
64 123