Traded my Z30 for a 9900 and I dont regret it to be honest. Went from the Z10 to a Q10 to the Z30 and now I'm back home and man does it feel good. I missed the buttery feel of that keyboard, the glowing trackpad, separated email accounts, multitasking with the menu button, and keyboard shortcuts. I dont miss any of the apps I had on the Z30 and I find myself so much more productive, texting and emails just got fun again lol Oh and another plus: that charging dock for the 9900...uber cool haha. I was pining to use a 9900 again for the longest time but the fear of not being able to adjust from BB10 to OS7 or lack of features/apps was what was holding me back. I'm glad I did it and can assure those of you that are considering going back that you won't regret it. If the Classic comes anywhere near what the 9900 was with its functionality Ill be all over it like white on rice.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    09-13-14 04:06 PM
    If the Classic comes anywhere near what the 9900 was with its functionality Ill be all over it like white on rice.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    I left BlackBerry several years ago and have been happy with my iPhones. But The Classic intrigues me and I'm going to consider it when it's released.
    emkay47 likes this.
    09-13-14 04:15 PM
    I left BlackBerry several years ago and have been happy with my iPhones. But The Classic intrigues me and I'm going to consider it when it's released.
    I just hope its a good marriage of BB10 and they make good use of that tool-belt and what it was intended for back on OS7 and legacy devices. I would be extremely disappointed if the classic turns out to be just a Q10 with a tool belt slapped on to "please" the legacy users.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    09-13-14 04:22 PM
    ...if my old Torch 9860...or my 9900 had tha quarter of the functionality of my Z30 I would have never made the move to BlackBerry 10...I honestly don't understand this presumed functionality over BlackBerry 10...I just don't see it...not with shortcut keys...not with having a menu or back button...the slower OS...the degrading performance over time eventually leading to a battery pull......the keyboard in general...and I used to be a PK enthusiast...I think that it boils down to being able to handle the gestures...as pretty much anything that can be done with the old button method is now achieved by a simple swipe...and BlackBerry OS just doesn't handle multiple email accounts nearly as well as BlackBerry 10......but to each their own I guess...all I can say is, that you 'hold outs' (as someone else put it) better either learn the new BlackBerry or get left behind...you can only squeeze so much out of the old system before it has to be wholly replaced...and if you didn't like the new BlackBerry, then you likely won't like Apple or Android either...

...I think another problem is not the new BlackBerry, but some people...(this has nothing on the OP...unless he/she fits the bill)...try something new, and if it doesn't work how they absolutely want it to...they put blinders up immediately...instead of genuinely trying to learn something new...they lock down in a 'nope, it doesn't do X Y Z exactly like I'm used to...I'm not using it' sort of mood.........

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    andreirad and lift like this.
    09-13-14 04:24 PM
    ...if my old Torch 9860...or my 9900 had tha quarter of the functionality of my Z30 I would have never made the move to BlackBerry 10...I honestly don't understand this presumed functionality over BlackBerry 10...I just don't see it...not with shortcut keys...not with having a menu or back button...the slower OS...the degrading performance over time eventually leading to a battery pull......the keyboard in general...and I used to be a PK enthusiast...I think that it boils down to being able to handle the gestures...as pretty much anything that can be done with the old button method is now achieved by a simple swipe...and BlackBerry OS just doesn't handle multiple email accounts nearly as well as BlackBerry 10......but to each their own I guess...all I can say is, that you 'hold outs' (as someone else put it) better either learn the new BlackBerry or get left behind...you can only squeeze so much out of the old system before it has to be wholly replaced...and if you didn't like the new BlackBerry, then you likely won't like Apple or Android either...

...I think another problem is not the new BlackBerry, but some people...(this has nothing on the OP...unless he/she fits the bill)...try something new, and if it doesn't work how they absolutely want it to...they put blinders up immediately...instead of genuinely trying to learn something new...they lock down in a 'nope, it doesn't do X Y Z exactly like I'm used to...I'm not using it' sort of mood.........

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    No offence taken, but I have nothing against BB10 I love it and it is a great advancement for modern phones today, I just missed using a 9900 and I get bored very easily and need a change from time to time. Hell if they left the 9900 as is and simply dropped BB10 into a 9900 I would never use another phone in my life lol I appreciate both BB10 and OS7 and what they have to offer. I understand there are people who need certain things and thats all good, I just adapt. OS7 is not bad at all and theres a reason some people have stuck by it, but like you said different strokes for different folks. Having gone through the Z10, Q10, and Z30 I needed something different while "patiently" waitingfor the Classic. Surprisingly that turned out to be the 9900. Initially I was going to get another Z10 and have the 9900 as backup but in my week of using the 9900 I havent felt the need for such a thing. I could use either OS and be fine each has its pros and cons (like you said the battery pulls, degrading performance, etc) things that I am aware of. I should have been more clear, I too wondered why so many people decided to hang onto their trusty bolds when BB10 came out. I went back for simply the experience and nostalgia of having a 9900. When the classic comes out ill finally have a 9900 as a back up phone like i always intended.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    09-13-14 04:48 PM
    I just hope its a good marriage of BB10 and they make good use of that tool-belt and what it was intended for back on OS7 and legacy devices. I would be extremely disappointed if the classic turns out to be just a Q10 with a tool belt slapped on to "please" the legacy users.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    The tool belt was necessary for legacy devices. Up until the latter touch screen enabled devices, there was no other way to use them! So, no... the toolbelt will *never* be as functionally integrated into Bb10 as it was, just like how the touch screens were never perfectly integrated into legacy devices (yes, even on the full touch screen torch, which I used).

That being said, just because the toolbelt won't be as deeply ingrained, doesn't mean they can't make it quite useful (as the touch screen turned out to be on legacy devices)! Let's wait to see what they've got cooking for this thing,.. should be quite interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley and lift like this.
    09-13-14 05:04 PM
    Dont get me wrong I prefer BB10 to OS7 but I was just crazy enough to make a temporary switch out of simple boredom, nostalgia, and the wait for a newer phone to come out. And was pleasantly surprised. I appreciate OS7 and BBOS as our roots and theres some things that they could take from BBOS/OS7 to add to BB10 keyboard devices to add to the experience. Nothing wrong with more features and improvements as long as it is adding to the user experience as opposed to taking away. Whether you need it or not sometimes its just nice to know its there anyway

Sent via Pidgeotto
    09-13-14 05:08 PM
    The tool belt was necessary for legacy devices. Up until the latter touch screen enabled devices, there was no other way to use them! So, no... the toolbelt will *never* be as functionally integrated into Bb10 as it was, just like how the touch screens were never perfectly integrated into legacy devices (yes, even on the full touch screen torch, which I used).

That being said, just because the toolbelt won't be as deeply ingrained, doesn't mean they can't make it quite useful (as the touch screen turned out to be on legacy devices)! Let's wait to see what they've got cooking for this thing,.. should be quite interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Well said! I completely agree with you. I'm not expecting deep integration down to the T but enough to deem useful and relevant as it was on legacy devices. Although I liked my Q10 the general mass made it publicly clear how they felt about it. The Classics arrival will be very interesting.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    09-13-14 05:16 PM
    Traded my Z30 for a 9900 and I dont regret it to be honest. Went from the Z10 to a Q10 to the Z30 and now I'm back home and man does it feel good. I missed the buttery feel of that keyboard, the glowing trackpad, separated email accounts, multitasking with the menu button, and keyboard shortcuts. I dont miss any of the apps I had on the Z30 and I find myself so much more productive, texting and emails just got fun again lol Oh and another plus: that charging dock for the 9900...uber cool haha. I was pining to use a 9900 again for the longest time but the fear of not being able to adjust from BB10 to OS7 or lack of features/apps was what was holding me back. I'm glad I did it and can assure those of you that are considering going back that you won't regret it. If the Classic comes anywhere near what the 9900 was with its functionality Ill be all over it like white on rice.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    Welcome home! My entire office eagerly jumped into Z10 for about 9 months and then most transitioned to Q for about 3 months then turned back to 9900 for the past 6 months. I was the last to go back to 9900. The three "smart guys" in my office, who had originally lead the charge into the Z, handed me a 99 and challenged me to best it with my Q. I hadn't used the 99 in over a year but within 15 minutes i was back home with it and over the next couple days actually exceeded my old, pre-Z/Q, spreadsheet productivity. AND, stress fatigue was MUCH reduced. ALL 26 of us feel our 99s are comparatively relaxing to use. Those 3 guys asked: "WHAT, precisely, can you do on glass better than with trackpad?" I had to honestly admit to myself, as well as to them, that i LIKED the older device! What can i say? 9900 was the product of 10+ years of evolution. Z/Q BB10 were revolutionary. For better and for worse.

My Q still performs backup service and is irreplaceable for some things. HDMI, for one. BUT, short of heavy browsing etc, the 99 is the one i grab. Especially when leaving the office.

BB10.3 is gradually, finally, restoring some of the functionality left behind from BB7.1 and it's QNX kernel provides supreme reliability. Q20 "Classic" finally brings toolbelt into BB10 and i'm planning to get one but my 99 will stay handy for quite some time. Hoping someday for a super hardware BB10 9900 form factor device. Some day.
    09-13-14 08:26 PM
    Welcome home! My entire office eagerly jumped into Z10 for about 9 months and then most transitioned to Q for about 3 months then turned back to 9900 for the past 6 months. I was the last to go back to 9900. The three "smart guys" in my office, who had originally lead the charge into the Z, handed me a 99 and challenged me to best it with my Q. I hadn't used the 99 in over a year but within 15 minutes i was back home with it and over the next couple days actually exceeded my old, pre-Z/Q, spreadsheet productivity. AND, stress fatigue was MUCH reduced. ALL 26 of us feel our 99s are comparatively relaxing to use. Those 3 guys asked: "WHAT, precisely, can you do on glass better than with trackpad?" I had to honestly admit to myself, as well as to them, that i LIKED the older device! What can i say? 9900 was the product of 10+ years of evolution. Z/Q BB10 were revolutionary. For better and for worse.

My Q still performs backup service and is irreplaceable for some things. HDMI, for one. BUT, short of heavy browsing etc, the 99 is the one i grab. Especially when leaving the office.

BB10.3 is gradually, finally, restoring some of the functionality left behind from BB7.1 and it's QNX kernel provides supreme reliability. Q20 "Classic" finally brings toolbelt into BB10 and i'm planning to get one but my 99 will stay handy for quite some time. Hoping someday for a super hardware BB10 9900 form factor device. Some day.
    Thank you sir greatly appreciated. Ive heard many stories of employees migrating from the land of Z back to 9900 territory. Thats awesone to hear that. Cut/copy/paste and other shortcuts of that nature were a godsend for the 9900. I have to agree that is very relaxing to use too as well. I might pick up a PlayBook or Z10 if I start to miss the hdmi and other such things but I think ill be ok since the Classic/Passport are right around the corner hopefully (i only say that because I'm in the US lol)

I'm always going to look forward to the latest and greatest that blackberry has to offer as far as keyboards are concerned but the 9900 is by far my favorite BB of all time. Great build quality and form factor.

I never got a chance to check out 10.3 when i traded my Z30 but thats good to hear. Haha i definitely feel you on that BB10 9900 form factor. If only.

Sent via Pidgeotto
    Frehley likes this.
    09-13-14 09:09 PM
    I just spent $399 on a BlackBerry Bold 9900 in August when the Q10 was just $279 and the Z10 was $199. I am happy to know that I didn't make a stupid decision (or I am not the only one who is crazy).
    09-16-14 07:33 AM
    I just spent $399 on a BlackBerry Bold 9900 in August when the Q10 was just $279 and the Z10 was $199. I am happy to know that I didn't make a stupid decision (or I am not the only one who is crazy).
    haha you and me both. I remember when I first bought the 9900 when it first came out. Well worth it

Sent via Pidgeotto
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-17-14 09:51 PM
    I will be doing the same.... until the passport is released
    09-21-14 08:10 PM