Picked up the new 9930 on 9/3. Installed new app world, downloaded some free apps ( Beweather, wikitude, flixster < awesome by the way). Im new to Blackberry phones/services and have only been on this site for 3 months now ( don't judge my possibly stupid question). Upon playing with the phone I realized that my lock button which works fine had also been utalized via the volume down button. The volume down button would unlock my Verzion 9930 stock OS .254 but would not lock the phone. I actually really enjoyed this. Upon installing the newer app world ( on 9/9 I think?) came with a phone reboot which no longer enabled me to use this glitch. I am very curious to know if I could switch the top lock button to either the convenience key or a volume rocker either via the phone settings or App ( free or not). Thank you.

P.S. This phone is amazing. First smartphone, first blackberry. Thanks to the CB team and it's amazing member's.
    09-13-11 01:53 PM
    No, the top button cannot be switched to anything else, not yet anyways. The only thing that can be customized is the convenience key on the bottom right which can be found in settings.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-13-11 02:57 PM
    If i understand right you look for a function to unlock your phone via volume rocker but not lock it.Maybe you want to take a look into QuickLaunch but iam not sure if it does have this function to only unlock.

if no one answere this thread ... send me a PM later i gonna test it for you i do payed for the app but i dont have it installed now.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-13-11 03:08 PM
    lol no no Kore, the volume rocker or conv. key should do both lock and unlock. Just liked the quick little glitch and took advantage of it while it lasted.
    09-15-11 03:04 PM
    This is my 300th post...HA!!!...that's an interesting glitch...you could use SixTools, Rezervoir...it let's you set the volume (up/down and mute) as convenience keys...not as COOL as your "glitch"...LOL!!
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-15-11 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD