Is there a way during web browsing to zoom and then have the screen reformatted so you can read text without moving pages from left to right?
    This would be nice feature on my 9900 with my aging eyes.
    On my other phone (android)- you are able to zoom and then double tap to reformatt the screen to the larger font.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jman; 11-12-11 at 10:51 AM.
    11-12-11 10:35 AM
    Double tap (or double click) on the screen while on the web page.
    11-12-11 10:45 AM
    Double tap (or double click) on the screen while on the web page.
    Maybe you didn't understand what i meant?

11-12-11 11:33 AM
    I design web sites for my hobby. IF the web page is built using what some people called fluid layout where the layout changes as a % of the screen, then when you double tap on a section, it will adjust to your screen size and zoom in on the text section you tap and you don't have to go back and forth, just up and down. If not, it will NOT work this way. Most web developers don't make their side this way. So, it is not RIM, it is the web developers who has to make it work.

So, depend on the website you visit, either you need to find a mobile version of the site OR visit a site that has this % system on the layout. Check my website (http://www.sanuja.com) for example, it is build on % system and if you tap on the main text area it will adjust to fit that area ONLY on your screen.
    11-12-11 11:38 AM
    everything posted above makes sense. when on a page double tap to make it bigger. if it doesn't go "full screen" and you have to swipe left to right then the post by mss-ca applies - you will have to swipe left or right now matter what.

you can adjust the font size somewhat to make it easier to read and after you double tap this way:

on browser go to options and adjust the default font size (in pixels): mine is at 25.

i hope whatever i posted is correct but that's how i got around it
    11-12-11 11:43 AM
    Thanks much.
    This is a great solution and it works for me. Thanks!!
    everything posted above makes sense. when on a page double tap to make it bigger. if it doesn't go "full screen" and you have to swipe left to right then the post by mss-ca applies - you will have to swipe left or right now matter what.

you can adjust the font size somewhat to make it easier to read and after you double tap this way:

on browser go to options and adjust the default font size (in pixels): mine is at 25.

11-12-11 11:50 AM
    When you double tap, it reflows the text and wraps it to the screen width. I think that I understood exactly what you meant.
    11-12-11 12:03 PM

This is the exact same methid I use and it works great.

11-12-11 12:07 PM
    SwitchBeach - if i understand you correctly, my browser does not do that.
    Is there a setting for this?

11-12-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD