Couldn't help but think. The new os is coming out early next year. Are we going to be able to upgrade to it, or will we be forced to buy a new phone? (I'm sorry if this has been covered)
    09-13-11 12:19 AM
    Yes, it has been covered. We won't be getting QNX.
    wtmk81 and kevkev3123 like this.
    09-13-11 12:22 AM
    I heard from a guy who says he heard out from rim techs over BBM
    that current os7 devices will get QNX. only time will tell.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 12:35 AM
    SCrid - that would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath. I just keep hearing it's not gonna happen. And I'm OK with that. I'm actually really happy with OS7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 12:43 AM
    my fingers are crossed....
    NursingNinja likes this.
    09-13-11 12:43 AM
    I guess you never forced to buy a new phone, also im not worried about lack of support of the current OS 7 devices.... i mean there are still updated for the bold 9000 which is like 3 years old and two OS versions behind.

Maybe there is a slight chance that OS 7 device get QNX ... but then i see one problem.Same as with the 9700 on OS 6 it wont have enough RAM unless they change QNX... considering the GPU of current OS7 device take 250 mb and QNX takes up to 500 mb like the playbook does(correct me if iam wrong), i dont see much space left for anything else.
    09-13-11 12:45 AM
    Couldn't help but think. The new os is coming out early next year. Are we going to be able to upgrade to it, or will we be forced to buy a new phone? (I'm sorry if this has been covered)
    You wont be forced to buy a new phone. Just keep the one you have for a couple of years. Than buy the new one. I doubt there will be anything really significant in a new os that will make people rush out and get a new one. By the release of the new os your current blackberry will only be about 7 or 8 months old.
    09-13-11 06:54 AM
    The question is still up for debate.
    09-13-11 07:02 AM
    RIM wants to sell new hardware. If the OS7 devices do get QNX it will be a long time coming to avoid herting any QNX sales.

I still do not think it will ever happen.
    09-13-11 07:14 AM
    I think of it this way, the first QNX isnt a bold, its a touch screen only, so I dont want that. Second thing is after my two year contract is up QNX will be perfected and all worked out. In the mean time I will be using the ultimate iteration of their java OS.
    09-13-11 07:17 AM
    I heard from a guy who says he heard out from rim techs over BBM
    that current os7 devices will get QNX. only time will tell.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    You heard from a guy who heard from a guy?
    09-13-11 09:03 AM
    You heard from a guy who heard from a guy?
    Lol, great source right?
    I doubt current OS7 devices will get QNX. It's possible they will, but I doubt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 09:08 AM
    I know someone(a friend) that works as a sales manager at RIM, this individual claimed that the bold 9900 will be getting the QNX update early next year. Time will tell I suppose.
    09-13-11 09:23 AM
    Well the QNX are being tested on 1.2ghz processors with 750mb+ ram, and what do the new BBs have? 1.2Ghz processors with 750mb+ ram. Think about it, it would not be a smart business tactic at all. Do you know how frustrated the consumers would be to know that their devices of only months old will not be able to run the new OS which meets hardware requirements. Two things rim will do, and by the way I'm taking this into a investors perspective. 1. Rim will either release just the OS itself if its being released in Q1 or Q2 of 2012 or 2. Rim will release both the OS and the Devices, but the new devices should be really bumped up in hardware specs pampered more for media usage. Rim at this point really can't afford to lose more clients by obsoleting their devices within months. Trust me anyone who bought these devices will not go out and purchase the new ones within such a short period of time. Just my opinion.
    09-13-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD