01-29-12 03:42 AM
- I really like my 9930, and I'm not considering a move to another platform any time soon. RIM obviously felt they had to make the Bold much thinner to compete with iPhone and Android devices. The problem(s) I have with the redesign are twofold. First, the lack of an auto-focus camera is proving to be a real problem for me. I know this topic has been hashed and rehashed many times in the forums and don't want to start another debate. Simply put, I have not been able to duplicate the close-up shot results I use to easily get with my old 9650. Secondly, the volume on the speaker is way too low. I took nearly all my calls and listened to VM's through the speakerphone on my 9650. Sadly, I can barely hear voice calls through the speakerphone on my 9930 unless I'm inside, and the playback volume of my voicemails is almost non-existent. I've adjusted as best I can to the changes, but would gladly accept a thicker 9930 with auto-focus and the louder 9650 speaker.01-28-12 07:53 PM
- I can't complain too much about the 9900 at all, love the phone. I think they could have left it at around 9700 thickness, had a bigger battery, and the better camera though. Still love the device and it's the best I've owned. The thinness is pretty cool though at the same time.01-28-12 08:01 PM
- John YesterRetired SuperstarI prefer the size of the 99xx now more then ever.
I can accomplish what I need and always top off when ever I am close by a charger. But even with out a charger I can go a full work day with a few hours to spare.
Again it depends on what you are using the device for.........01-28-12 08:05 PM
- I have a 9930 also. In my occasionally humble opinion, it is the classiest, best looking piece of mobile phone hardware on the market. It has a solid , well-made feel in the hand. Alas, I have to agree with you about the camera. Not what it should be.
However I haven't had a problem with the volume in any environment. Perhaps your hardware has a faulty connection to the volume control? Might be worth having it checked out.
Some have complained about short battery life on the 9930/9900, brought on by the quest for slimness. They have a point. But for me the battery life on my 9930 is a bit better than what I was getting on my last phone (which was a Palm Pre for those who are curious). I find having a spare battery to swap out is a handy solution (a solution not available to my friend with his iphone4s, I might add with only the slightest touch of smarmy self-satisfaction).01-28-12 08:37 PM
- I absolutely love the sleek design of my 9930 and I gotta add I love the keyboard. I've had absolutely no problem with volume at all and my battery life is comparable with my last bb (9670) so I'm okay with that as well. So sorry you're not happy in those areas.01-28-12 11:27 PM
- I don't buy a phone for the camera, so the lack of auto-focus is of little significance for me. I love everything about this device except the battery life, but even that isn't that bad (in comparison to other BlackBerry's it sucks, but not compared to a lot of the other smartphones/toys that are out there).01-28-12 11:31 PM
- I can agree with the title on one thing: camera, camera, camera! It shouldnt have been so hard to put auto-focus into the 9900. That would have made the phone perfect! I mean shooting HD videos and high megapixel photos aint no fun without an autofocus camera! Every time i take i picture i remember the miserable days i had with the Curve!01-29-12 02:46 AM
- I think the problem about the volume of your speaker have something to do with the OS, i remember with a particular OS *i forgot which version* i also has the volume problem but its resolved after i upgraded. Currently using v188.8.131.52 and running great for me.01-29-12 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD