It has not even been one month since I got my bold 9900 from ebay MINT working 100% condition from ebay for just about $300. Today it has fell in the toilet, It has been in rice(right after I have air compressed most of water out). Been in rice for about 10 hours and no luck. This makes me feel bad. How a new phone I have bought with my hard earned money has gone to waste . Please people put your phone in your PANTS pockets and not HOODIE pockets, has high chance of falling out, happened to me. Maybe I will get an email for the "what will you do for blackberry 10" injury I have sent it.\. I doubt it, I have had bad luck for a while now. Thanks for reading my post and being careful with your phones, specially in the bathroom. I finally left apple and I was happy with my new blackberry. I am not ranting or crying, I am just sad. Thank you for reading this story I had to share.
    01-28-13 04:53 AM
    :O awww! so what you gunna do now? :/
    01-28-13 05:10 AM
    Try to remove the battery, SIM card and memory card. Put you phone in a warm place, above the heater in your living room for example. Let it rest there for at very least a day, better two. Then reassamble everything and give it another try.
    Deanig_12 and Crisdean like this.
    01-28-13 05:18 AM
    It has not even been one month since I got my bold 9900 from ebay MINT working 100% condition from ebay for just about $300. Today it has fell in the toilet, It has been in rice(right after I have air compressed most of water out). Been in rice for about 10 hours and no luck. This makes me feel bad. How a new phone I have bought with my hard earned money has gone to waste . Please people put your phone in your PANTS pockets and not HOODIE pockets, has high chance of falling out, happened to me. Maybe I will get an email for the "what will you do for blackberry 10" injury I have sent it.\. I doubt it, I have had bad luck for a while now. Thanks for reading my post and being careful with your phones, specially in the bathroom. I finally left apple and I was happy with my new blackberry. I am not ranting or crying, I am just sad. Thank you for reading this story I had to share.
    OMG man! Sorry to hear that. Can you try one of those salt bags as well? You know things that you pop in your car that suck the moisture out of it? Maybe that can suck the water out of the device? It's worth a try and might take some time but you've got nothing to lose. Really hope that you get your device fully functional again. May the force with you. Really upsetting that. But try those de-moisture bags if you got any and place it on top of them or next to them.

I got one for my car. Not this one but it works and my windows are free of moist. So you get the idea. Something like this: DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
    01-28-13 05:51 AM
    I agree with you. 10 hours is not enough. I saved mine from the lake with rice and time. I also removed sim and battery. Good luck.
    01-28-13 05:53 AM
    it is supposted to be 24-48 hours top
    01-28-13 05:59 AM
    This guy recommends 4 - 5 days... http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/
    westiewanderer and BergerKing like this.
    01-28-13 06:13 AM
    bloody noraah :O!!
    01-28-13 06:18 AM
    Remember it is in a better place now . Now a moment of silence . The same thing happened to a buddy of mine buy he was able to get his fixed at a local repair shop for a 100$ check around at your local repair shops maybe you'll get lucky

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    01-28-13 06:30 AM
    Ah man, that is exactly how I lost the 9930 I used to have when I was with Verizon. I carried my dear 9650 for the longest time, finally was able to afford to upgrade, did it, and plop it went.

I suppose it was just your turn. Apparently, this happens to the best of us, at least those of us that are so glued to our 'Berrys that we can't even hit the can without having it nearby. I was so mad and so bummed. I'm sorry for your loss good sir.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-28-13 09:10 AM
    OMG man! Sorry to hear that. Can you try one of those salt bags as well? You know things that you pop in your car that suck the moisture out of it? Maybe that can suck the water out of the device? It's worth a try and might take some time but you've got nothing to lose. Really hope that you get your device fully functional again. May the force with you. Really upsetting that. But try those de-moisture bags if you got any and place it on top of them or next to them.

I got one for my car. Not this one but it works and my windows are free of moist. So you get the idea. Something like this: DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
    Yup, I have also bought some silica sands to be prepared for next time.

Try to remove the battery, SIM card and memory card. Put you phone in a warm place, above the heater in your living room for example. Let it rest there for at very least a day, better two. Then reassamble everything and give it another try.
    Yup, I have done that, its sitting in rice, I do not want to try it just yet, maybe later today, I just have alot of ebay/email and paypal going on so I need some push emails. Hard to keep up with ebay accounts and 3-4 daily emails that I use.

No idea I am using a motorla razr

Thanks everyone for commenting and caring about my little device! I figured I can wait for the bb10 but that will be expensive and what not! Time will tell here
    01-28-13 10:30 AM
    On the plus side it's the perfect excuse to get BB10!
    01-28-13 10:42 AM
    i had my 9650 for less than a weekend when someone poured water on me at a 4th of july party. sprint took the phone back mainly because i pulled the battery out real fast and didnt get the water damage indicator wet.

with all the talk about bb10 im sure there may be other berrys on craigslist for cheaper than normal.
    Deanig_12 and BergerKing like this.
    01-28-13 01:58 PM
    Sorry to hear that OP. I guess we are on the same boat.
    I have one word for you: Z10!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...u-soon-754680/
    01-28-13 02:09 PM
    i think my friend as found a clone of the Z10 but its android
    01-28-13 02:13 PM
    Thanks! Hopefully they announce the bb10 soon and I see when its coming out and price. But do you guys know how to get some data out of the phone? All contacts, and the memo pad notes. Those are really whats important right now, everything else was on my small SD card. Thanks
    01-28-13 10:01 PM
    This happened to me a while back, absolute bummer! I found something called a 'water absorption pack' though (apparently they're designed to suck all moisture out of electronic devices) and it fixed my phone, even though I'd spent 3-4 days messing around with old-school remedies like rice and radiators etc. Might be worth giving it a look, they're UK based but deliver international I think - Rescuetec | dropped phone in water | water damaged phone
    01-31-13 04:02 AM
    I did the EXACT same thing about a month ago to my 9930...got the battery out quick...and put in RIGHT into a bowl of rice....gave it 30 hours soak....GOOD AS NEW when i popped the battery and sim back in!! I wish you the same luck my friend!!
    01-31-13 12:57 PM
    Nooooo wayyyyyy!!! My buddy fellinto a pool and surprisingly his 9930 survived. Everything except his w and lock button works. Sorry man
    02-01-13 02:28 AM
    i think my friend as found a clone of the Z10 but its android
    Definitely don't want that....
    02-01-13 02:33 AM
    sorry to hear that bro...that putting in dry and warm place is a good idea...worth to try...i hope it will make it complete dry and moisture and will start working again...best of luck...
    02-01-13 08:17 AM
    my brother falled into a swimming pool with his iphone and it was not working but after many days in rice, only needed new battery and it worked fine
    02-01-13 10:52 AM
    Dropped mine in a cup of water (yeah, that lucky) - dissassembled it, dried it out, and it was working the next day... Make sure to UNPLUG everything to let the water out of the connections...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 01:15 PM