Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Taigatrommel
  • 2 Post By Phill_UK
  • 1 Post By BitPusher2600
  • 2 Post By eve6er69
  1. xabsolut3's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Water damage RIP bold 9900

    It has not even been one month since I got my bold 9900 from ebay MINT working 100% condition from ebay for just about $300. Today it has fell in the toilet, It has been in rice(right after I have air compressed most of water out). Been in rice for about 10 hours and no luck. This makes me feel bad. How a new phone I have bought with my hard earned money has gone to waste . Please people put your phone in your PANTS pockets and not HOODIE pockets, has high chance of falling out, happened to me. Maybe I will get an email for the "what will you do for blackberry 10" injury I have sent it.\. I doubt it, I have had bad luck for a while now. Thanks for reading my post and being careful with your phones, specially in the bathroom. I finally left apple and I was happy with my new blackberry. I am not ranting or crying, I am just sad. Thank you for reading this story I had to share.
  2. Red_Berry_21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #2  

    Default

    :O awww! so what you gunna do now? :/
  3. Taigatrommel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,323 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Try to remove the battery, SIM card and memory card. Put you phone in a warm place, above the heater in your living room for example. Let it rest there for at very least a day, better two. Then reassamble everything and give it another try.
    Crisdean and Red_Berry_21 like this.
  4. Crisdean's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xabsolut3 View Post
    It has not even been one month since I got my bold 9900 from ebay MINT working 100% condition from ebay for just about $300. Today it has fell in the toilet, It has been in rice(right after I have air compressed most of water out). Been in rice for about 10 hours and no luck. This makes me feel bad. How a new phone I have bought with my hard earned money has gone to waste . Please people put your phone in your PANTS pockets and not HOODIE pockets, has high chance of falling out, happened to me. Maybe I will get an email for the "what will you do for blackberry 10" injury I have sent it.\. I doubt it, I have had bad luck for a while now. Thanks for reading my post and being careful with your phones, specially in the bathroom. I finally left apple and I was happy with my new blackberry. I am not ranting or crying, I am just sad. Thank you for reading this story I had to share.
    OMG man! Sorry to hear that. Can you try one of those salt bags as well? You know things that you pop in your car that suck the moisture out of it? Maybe that can suck the water out of the device? It's worth a try and might take some time but you've got nothing to lose. Really hope that you get your device fully functional again. May the force with you. Really upsetting that. But try those de-moisture bags if you got any and place it on top of them or next to them.

    I got one for my car. Not this one but it works and my windows are free of moist. So you get the idea. Something like this: DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
  5. JF Sabourin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I agree with you. 10 hours is not enough. I saved mine from the lake with rice and time. I also removed sim and battery. Good luck.
  6. Red_Berry_21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #6  

    Default

    it is supposted to be 24-48 hours top
  7. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #7  
    That's Phill with 2 L's
  8. Red_Berry_21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #8  

    Default

    bloody noraah :O!!
  9. MedicEms's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    911 Posts
    Global Posts
    914 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default Water damage RIP bold 9900

    Remember it is in a better place now . Now a moment of silence . The same thing happened to a buddy of mine buy he was able to get his fixed at a local repair shop for a 100$ check around at your local repair shops maybe you'll get lucky


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Canada BBM Channel C001234A4
  10. BitPusher2600's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,150 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint
    #10  

    Default Water damage RIP bold 9900

    Ah man, that is exactly how I lost the 9930 I used to have when I was with Verizon. I carried my dear 9650 for the longest time, finally was able to afford to upgrade, did it, and plop it went.

    I suppose it was just your turn. Apparently, this happens to the best of us, at least those of us that are so glued to our 'Berrys that we can't even hit the can without having it nearby. I was so mad and so bummed. I'm sorry for your loss good sir.
    westiewanderer likes this.
  11. xabsolut3's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crisdean View Post
    OMG man! Sorry to hear that. Can you try one of those salt bags as well? You know things that you pop in your car that suck the moisture out of it? Maybe that can suck the water out of the device? It's worth a try and might take some time but you've got nothing to lose. Really hope that you get your device fully functional again. May the force with you. Really upsetting that. But try those de-moisture bags if you got any and place it on top of them or next to them.

    I got one for my car. Not this one but it works and my windows are free of moist. So you get the idea. Something like this: DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
    Yup, I have also bought some silica sands to be prepared for next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taigatrommel View Post
    Try to remove the battery, SIM card and memory card. Put you phone in a warm place, above the heater in your living room for example. Let it rest there for at very least a day, better two. Then reassamble everything and give it another try.
    Yup, I have done that, its sitting in rice, I do not want to try it just yet, maybe later today, I just have alot of ebay/email and paypal going on so I need some push emails. Hard to keep up with ebay accounts and 3-4 daily emails that I use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Berry_21 View Post
    :O awww! so what you gunna do now? :/
    No idea I am using a motorla razr



    Thanks everyone for commenting and caring about my little device! I figured I can wait for the bb10 but that will be expensive and what not! Time will tell here
  12. just_luc's Avatar

    Posts
    3,017 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,066 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    #12  

    Default

    On the plus side it's the perfect excuse to get BB10!


    RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
  13. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,052 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    i had my 9650 for less than a weekend when someone poured water on me at a 4th of july party. sprint took the phone back mainly because i pulled the battery out real fast and didnt get the water damage indicator wet.

    with all the talk about bb10 im sure there may be other berrys on craigslist for cheaper than normal.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  14. imcurved's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,636 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Berry_21 View Post
    :O awww! so what you gunna do now? :/
    Sorry to hear that OP. I guess we are on the same boat.
    I have one word for you: Z10!

    Good Bye Bold and See You Soon
  15. Red_Berry_21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #15  

    Default

    i think my friend as found a clone of the Z10 but its android
  16. xabsolut3's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Thanks! Hopefully they announce the bb10 soon and I see when its coming out and price. But do you guys know how to get some data out of the phone? All contacts, and the memo pad notes. Those are really whats important right now, everything else was on my small SD card. Thanks
  17. mdt1988's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    This happened to me a while back, absolute bummer! I found something called a 'water absorption pack' though (apparently they're designed to suck all moisture out of electronic devices) and it fixed my phone, even though I'd spent 3-4 days messing around with old-school remedies like rice and radiators etc. Might be worth giving it a look, they're UK based but deliver international I think - Rescuetec | dropped phone in water | water damaged phone
  18. westiewanderer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I did the EXACT same thing about a month ago to my 9930...got the battery out quick...and put in RIGHT into a bowl of rice....gave it 30 hours soak....GOOD AS NEW when i popped the battery and sim back in!! I wish you the same luck my friend!!
    ~ Still waters run deep ~
  19. Emu the Foo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,255 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,256 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6
    #19  

    Default

    Nooooo wayyyyyy!!! My buddy fellinto a pool and surprisingly his 9930 survived. Everything except his w and lock button works. Sorry man
  20. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    29,823 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,006 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Berry_21 View Post
    i think my friend as found a clone of the Z10 but its android
    Definitely don't want that....
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
  21. khurram_jvd's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    sorry to hear that bro...that putting in dry and warm place is a good idea...worth to try...i hope it will make it complete dry and moisture and will start working again...best of luck...
  22. falena1122's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    my brother falled into a swimming pool with his iphone and it was not working but after many days in rice, only needed new battery and it worked fine
  23. rustmonkey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default Water damage RIP bold 9900

    Dropped mine in a cup of water (yeah, that lucky) - dissassembled it, dried it out, and it was working the next day... Make sure to UNPLUG everything to let the water out of the connections...

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    9650 to 9930 to Q10 to Z30 all with Playbook in tow

Similar Threads

  1. Acquired a water damaged Bold 9900 for parts..possible to revive?
    By kellmike626 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 09:26 PM
  2. Bold 9900 Water Damaged Dead
    By wakzzz in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 03:56 AM
  3. Bold 9900 Problem / Water Damage Excuses
    By encryption in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM
  4. Water Damage on BB 9900 help!
    By heyconnie in forum AT&T
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM
  5. WTB: Broken/Water Damaged Blackberry Bold 9700 for Parts
    By rozzy9 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions