How can you tell if your phone has been water damaged? I spilled water near my phone and I thought it was fine because there was only a small blob on the door (i moved it quickly) and it was working still. But 1/2 an hr later the red led would flash and the screen wasnt on. What colour is the water damage stickers/how cna i tell if theyve been tripped. Or is this just a case of somethign wrong with the phone as oppose to water damage?

edit: but battery in - led around trackpad is flashing but phone still not on!
    02-13-12 09:56 AM
    My 9900 went in the bog for 10 seconds and still worked when it came out.

It then went in the sink full of water for 20 minutes, took a call and still worked when it came out.

It went back in the sink, battery door off, battery out for 10 mins and still worked when it came out.

Im thinking a drop of water wont do it too much harm.

Steve
    02-13-12 09:59 AM
    Steve, you were lucky.

OP, you'll need to leave the battery OUT for 48 hours. Follow this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/
    02-13-12 10:17 AM
    Steve, you were lucky.

OP, you'll need to leave the battery OUT for 48 hours. Follow this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/
    ya i know what to do with water damage i was wondering if someone could let me know the colour of the water damage stickers (tripped or untripped) so i can tell if it is water..
    02-13-12 10:19 AM
    a drop of water can cause seriously damage to your phone and would toast your phone completely.
    you're just lucky that yours didn't, water on your bb is one of the worst thing that can happen.
    even a drop of water can cause serious damage to the phone nonetheless, always beware of water. too risky..
    most likely the stickers are white and they would turn into a dark color like blueish/purple? when you have spilled water on it.
    but the stickers are not everywhere, so when you spilled water on it, it doesn't mean it will also spill on the stickers to change color.
    i guess your phone is damaged i would pull out the battery asap dry it off with a cloth, put it in a bag of rice for a few days or more.
    your fault is that you are still trying to use the phone, even when you spilled water on it, that is a nono!
    i have my 9700 dropped a few times in the water, buttons were acting weird and sound was not clear.
    let it in the rice for a few days, buttons were acting weird. opened the 9700 replaced the membrane it worked,
    and the sound was normal again.
    02-13-12 10:20 AM
    9700's stickers were red when wet. 99xx's are likely the same color.
    02-13-12 10:23 AM
    okaay yeah i wasn't so sure about it haha, i have posted blueish/purpleish or darker color with ? incase of^^
    but omg ignites how did you managed to spill water on your 9900! and why did you continue using the phone 1/2 hour..
    02-13-12 10:26 AM
    okaay yeah i wasn't so sure about it haha, i have posted blueish/purpleish or darker color with ? incase of^^
    but omg ignites how did you managed to spill water on your 9900! and why did you continue using the phone 1/2 hour..
    battery was out when i posted this post. It was working after i spilled water thats why I put it back in its holster and only realized 30 minutes later (i thought it was only on door). The battery stickers if above posters are correct - they are still white in colour. so Im just curious if its water or 'bricked' or someother fun thing.
    02-13-12 10:31 AM
    ahww you must be in a rush on that moment, since you forgot it, it can all kill your phone just instantly.
    well i hope for you it's not water damage. but hard to say it isn't water damage, since you already spilled some water on it.
    just leave the bb alone for a few days or more, and finger crossed ofcourse.
    hope you will get it working again.
    02-13-12 11:20 AM
    ahww you must be in a rush on that moment, since you forgot it, it can all kill your phone just instantly.
    well i hope for you it's not water damage. but hard to say it isn't water damage, since you already spilled some water on it.
    just leave the bb alone for a few days or more, and finger crossed ofcourse.
    hope you will get it working again.
    hoping it is water damage. Water damage means i can throw it in rice and it'l be gd in a day or two if it snot water damage id have to take it ot carrier which is pain in the face.
    02-13-12 11:34 AM
    well that would be hard if they see it's water damage it's most likely lost, i guess you have insurance for the bb on the water damage?
    02-13-12 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD