Does anybody have an issue with unlocking the Bold 9930 from sleep i have no password lock on my phone for quick acesses and with nothing to hide. So why is it whenever i try to wake the phone up from lock by pressing the unlock key at the top of the phone nothing happens. The screen just simply stays black and nothing happens and i have to keep pressing the button like 10 times + until i get a reaction? HELP!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 01:24 PM
    i get this when new people are joining my BBM groups
    other than that i do not have this issue
    i find holding back arrow brings it back to life faster
    04-24-12 01:31 PM
    I have the same issue and it's been going on for a few weeks now. I do have a password, but it's set to require access after five minutes. Sometimes a few seconds to an hour could go by after usage, and I get just a black screen when pressing the screen-lock button. I have tried pressing screen-lock button quickly, for 10 seconds (sometimes longer), Alt-caps (once, couple and few times), plugging in/unplugging the power source, holding down the power, menu or back key, and Alt-caps-del, and absolutely nothing. Unless I pulled the battery, it will eventually turn on on its own, and sometimes it would finally catch up with my last few keystrokes all at once.

I can't find a solution either.
    04-25-12 10:51 PM
    The frequency has increased to every 2-5 minutes between my usage with the phone will it lock up. More like a suspension before it activates my first keystroke. Up until yesterday, it was infrequent. I even turn off the password and turn off the lock screen. Still it locks up/freezes, as if it is reading/transmitting/receiving data from the network.
    05-01-12 10:32 PM
    This is a signature bold 9900 feature...all you have to do is wait a few seconds (30 max). Dont keep pressing the lock button as that will just slow it down more. Press it once and be patient.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 10:55 PM
    Yes this seems to be a power saving feature that puts the phone to sleep when not in use after 5-10 minutes, press the unlock button once and it may take 5-10 seconds to kick in. I was just about to start a new thread about this but have discovered that OS7 has power saving features... and we have no way to disable them!?!
    05-03-12 10:11 AM
    I only have to press mine once and the screen pops up shortly thereafter. Like others are saying maybe give it a few.
    05-03-12 03:23 PM
    I had noticed that I less than 10MB of free space, so I deleted a lot of unused apps. Now I have about 79MB, and everything works. But just today, I had Foursquare app on, and it the lock screen delay problem occured again. I had manually exit the app to prevent the lock delay.

For me there were to issues: 1) not enough memory, and 2) Foursquare left on.
    05-12-12 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD