I checked VZW's online website yesterday and it showed 9 blackberries that were available for purchase. I just checked it today and it's only showing 5. I'm not sure how long VZW or other carriers deplete their stocks before bringing on a new phone. Thoughts?
    06-29-11 03:29 PM
    sellers in the UK have been offering dirt cheap blackberries for months now. i took it as a sign, but now im thinking otherwise.
    mssca likes this.
    06-29-11 03:32 PM
    I checked VZW's online website yesterday and it showed 9 blackberries that were available for purchase. I just checked it today and it's only showing 5. I'm not sure how long VZW or other carriers deplete their stocks before bringing on a new phone. Thoughts?
    The good news is you can still get a Storm 2 for $200 lol
    06-29-11 04:25 PM
    I saw BlackBerry Torch non commitment pricing drop to 399 on att.com. Great signs but also great pricing.
    06-29-11 05:42 PM
    There is not a lot of stock the carriers can get from RIM until they release their new products.

Most the carriers like AT&T are not even pushing the Blackberry anymore as Androids are in stock and rules right now.

BUT when RIM does release these phones they will be the hot to sell phones! Remember that the carriers want to sell plans and if the phone helps to do that, so be it!
    06-30-11 06:04 AM
    Sprint is currently offering the BB Style for free with new contract, Curve 3G for 49.99, and the Bold 9650 is still $199.99 so not much price dropping going on over at Sprint.
    06-30-11 06:22 AM
    July 28th I heard today for Verizon... Can't believe they will release before AT&T!
    motor96 likes this.
    06-30-11 05:45 PM
    ^thats just because at&t has the torch 2 to deliver first.
    06-30-11 06:37 PM
    July 28th I heard today for Verizon... Can't believe they will release before AT&T!
    Heard from who? A Verizon rep? They know nothing if that is the case.
    06-30-11 08:46 PM

FWIW

It is a tempting price because this droid is killing me.
    07-01-11 09:23 AM
    Dont do it wait until the 9930 drops. Even though its tough to struggle with any android
    07-01-11 09:35 AM
    im in the same boat. I am waiting for the bold touch..its painful, but stay strong!!!
    07-01-11 10:14 AM
    BUT when RIM does release these phones they will be the hot to sell phones!
    LOL. Since when? If this new Bold wants to at least do slightly better than all the other 3rd place Blackberries, it needs to be 4G. Simple. The OS still sucks and the hardware is stale to everyone not in Crackberry's myopic, insulated bubble. I swear everyone on this site is stuck in the early 2000's or something. Maybe earlier.

Newsflash! RIM and the Blackberry brand are a distant third in the smartphone world.

Marginally upgrading the specs of these without adding anything significant to these phones will not do anything significant for their business and that's what RIM wants and needs.
    07-01-11 11:13 AM
    Newsflash! There is no efficient 4G phone, and their won't be for about another year. I have a Thunderbolt and though it may be ridiculous fast with the 4G, the battery life is horrendous, it's got a load of bugs, and did I mention the battery life is horrid?

This is a phone that a lot of people who left BB for a "good" touch screen phone have been waiting for.
    07-01-11 11:34 AM
    Newsflash! There is no efficient 4G phone, and their won't be for about another year. I have a Thunderbolt and though it may be ridiculous fast with the 4G, the battery life is horrendous, it's got a load of bugs, and did I mention the battery life is horrid?

This is a phone that a lot of people who left BB for a "good" touch screen phone have been waiting for.
    The Thunderbolt does have horrendous battery life. No argument from me there. The thing that drains the battery far more than the 4G radio though is the screen. Blackberries don't have that potential issue. I would like to think that the 4G radio addition wouldn't be as huge a drain on the battery as most of you would like to think.

As an aside the speed is not the only 4G benefit. Voice and data at the same time is just a huge feature when you're on Verizon. Verizon users have never had that extremely convenient feature. Since most Blackberry users are power users in one form or another, being able to stream data while on a voice call would be a feature that Blackberry could use to market and potentially grow their brand. As a consumer, I personally would jump to a 4G touchscreen combo keyboard Blackberry flagship phone immediately. I'm sure many others would have.

A 4G Torch with an exponentially improved OS would sell big on Verizon for sure.
    Hawkeye92391 likes this.
    07-01-11 01:02 PM
    I have about 15 phones on our plan. A couple of them are up for renewal and thought about renewing someone else's plan so that I could get the phone for myself.

I am thinking it would be just a huge pain to go through the process of it done that it wasn't worth it.

Plus if I play with the Droid 2 for that long I have more reason to tell people why I do not like it.
    07-01-11 02:23 PM

That's not true for all 4G phones. My Atrix lasts the whole day without a problem.

There aren't as many annoying bugs as I had on the Torch.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    07-02-11 03:56 PM
    That's not true for all 4G phones. My Atrix lasts the whole day without a problem.
    AT&T "4G" is not 4G. Verizon LTE is 4G. AT&T even admitted to this but then decided to start calling it 4G because T-Mobile was doing it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/25/a...pa-is-4g-talk/
    Last edited by bighap; 07-02-11 at 04:23 PM.
    Imcominboldtouch likes this.
    07-02-11 04:17 PM
    any updates on this? I am seeing August 19th in other threads and it seems like my local store is gearing up for some major release....
    07-03-11 04:15 PM
    i am sitting here with a 9650 that the wifi doesn't work on i am about ready to do some thing there will be some nice phones hitting the market before the first of the year. BlackBerry top phone will have lower specks than the middle of the road Android's.
    07-03-11 04:27 PM
    i am sitting here with a 9650 that the wifi doesn't work on i am about ready to do some thing there will be some nice phones hitting the market before the first of the year. BlackBerry top phone will have lower specks than the middle of the road Android's.
    specs dont mean a whole lot of your phones does what you need and has the features you want. Whats the difference in a 1.2gzh processor or a dual core? .00000000005 seconds in the real world? The new BB's will be nice...if not, iPhone here I come......droid is not for me any longer
    07-03-11 04:43 PM
    Actually, my moms droid2 (1GHz processor) lags as much as my Bold 9650 at times and is really buggy. The BB OS is more effcient than Android's fragmented UI. Its not about the specs, but how the phone runs. Doesn't matter what it says on paper until you use the device in the real world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dcburke789 likes this.
    07-03-11 06:46 PM
    Yes. But how easy it is to forget eh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD