Hello All.
    I own and use a Verizon branded 9930 unlocked on AT&T's Network. I have a BIS plan with the browser, email, mms, and bbm all setup and enabled just fine. I am currently on the latest .755 OS version from VZW.
    My personal issue at the moment is the In-Call options. "Flash" is present versus the "Hold" option. This is along with no option to end 2nd call.
    This makes handling second/conference calls frustrating. I have yet to see someone post on this call swap issue, but I've seen many on the call waiting glitches in Verizon's 9930.

I have two pictures to show what i mean:
    The first picture phone is: Verizon 9930 on ATT (showing Flash)

The second is: Rogers 9900 on Fido (showing Hold)

Is there some OS version/ fix for this? Or is this a CDMA vs GSM issue. I really would appreciate the help. If no-one can help then Kool , have a good day.
    11-25-12 12:10 PM
    My Verizon 9930 on Verizon shows "Flash" rather than "Hold".

Why is this interfering with taking (and/or ending) second calls?
    11-25-12 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have no problem receiving the second call.

My problem is ending the second call without ending the first one. If i take a second call,I have no option to end just one call or put one on hold. Only able to flash between calls OR hang up on both.

My phone does not present any option to end the second call/split conference or place on any call on "hold".
    If i press the end Key all connected calls are hung up.
    The Rogers 9900 pic. shows the "hold" option in place of the "flash" option on 9930.

I know that cdma &gsm handles call waiting differently, but i have a ATT service. Could it be the verizon OS?

Also I'll add ive only seen flash options on CDMA networks and LandLines. It has always been hold or swap call for gsm.
    11-25-12 01:08 PM
    On mine, when the second call comes in it reads "Answer/Hold Current". And Flash allows you to switch between the calls. Switching between calls effectively puts one call on hold, doesn't it?

It doesn't appear that you can end one call or the other separately, but couldn't the other person just hang up?

I don't think that it is the "Verizon OS". I'm guessing that it a difference in the OS itself since they are different devices.
    11-25-12 01:38 PM
    I have NO problem receiving/answering/making second calls. It is ending one call / split conference without ending both. The "flash" does switches between calls.
    I just shouldn't i have to wait for the other person to end the connection. For example: If the other party simply switched over to their call waiting line, i would still be waiting with no free line .Forced to hang on both calls.

I Appreciate your time SwitchBeach and If you dont have a solution thats fine. Our situations are not the same though. Verizon does handle call waiting differently than AT&T. I too believe its and overall OS issue but can it be resolved?

Perhaps you haven't experienced the luxury of putting a call on "real" hold(not Mute), making another call, Ending the second call, then resuming back to your original conversation partner in the same call. I have and would love the options again.
    11-25-12 02:10 PM
    Good luck.

Again, I think that the "problem" stems from the fact that they are different devices. Using the device on AT&T doesn't change that.

I would seriously doubt that installing a different OS would change it at this point in that AT&T will not ever release an OS for this device. All the OS releases will be by CDMA carriers.
    11-25-12 04:16 PM
    If you click the BlackBerry menu key there might be additional options while in the calls. The help file explains a lot of this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-25-12 04:33 PM
    Yea, Im aware of the device(9900vs9930)+OS difference. As well as the carrier(cmda vs gsm) difference.
    I'm new to crackBerry posting, but not blackberry phones nor cellular operations. I appreciate your trial of Enlightenment though.

My intentions for the original post were to relate with anyone who is in the same boat. Possibly offering a solution other than changing phones. I wont bother with it anymore if my "Issue" is In-alterable.
    11-25-12 04:41 PM
    If you click the BlackBerry menu key there might be additional options while in the calls. The help file explains a lot of this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    There aren't any options for the active call other than Flash + add particiant. I am in no way new to this device nor berries in general.
    I'm Giving up on the issue:
    1. Its hard to explain whats going on without seeming picky.
    2. the comments i am receiving are basic info that im sure of.
    3. You guys could be helping someone else instead of working on my personal problem. (Even though it could be effecting others that just aren't posting on it.)

All in All. Thanks again.
    11-25-12 04:53 PM
    when i have more than one participiant in the call, pressing the end call button end the call with whoever is im talking to at the moment. for example, i put "john" on hold and im talking to "alex" when i press the end call button, it ends the call with "alex" and "john" is left in the call. also when i press the bb button there is an option 'cancel' this also ends the call just like the previous example, doesnt your 9930 do that too??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-26-12 09:19 AM
    Nope, and that's exactly what I mean. If I press end button or "cancel" all calls get disconnected. I think is just th 9930 being a cdma intended device. Your 9900 is the perfect example of my first post. That "hold" feature actually presents more functionality than the "flash" option present on 9930's From what I seen 9930's only have the flash option and you can't choose 1 call to stay connected with.
    Last edited by moneyblinded; 11-26-12 at 10:02 AM.
    11-26-12 09:38 AM
    are you sure its a 9930 problem and not just the os? was it like this with the previous os too?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-26-12 09:47 AM
    I've tried different OS versions. And I'm currently on the most recently released .755 from verizon. I want to try an overseas OS like China's. But I'm seen some concerning reviews on that particular version.
    SwitchBeach(owns 9930 on vzw) also said he can't end 1 call seperately. Alternatively ,he waits for the other party to end.

I need a 9900 I see, because I can't deal with crippled call options.
    11-26-12 09:56 AM
    Is there any universal 9930+9900 OS out here? Maybe that would have consolidated feautures.
    11-26-12 10:14 AM