Just bought a new VW Eos, and while my 9900 synchs its address book, phone and will play music through bluetooth, the car won't recognize the blackberry through the AUX input. iPhone, Android = yes. Blackberry = no. The phone will charge using the adapter, but nothing else.

Anyone have suggestions? Trying to access the music files on the SD card primarily.
    01-19-12 06:10 PM
    What kind of "AUX input" is it?
    01-19-12 06:28 PM
    USB adapter. Car came standard with iPhone connection cord, but VW swapped it for a USB adapter to which I plug in a micro USB and connect the 9900.
    01-19-12 06:32 PM
    Are you using the headset port or the microusb port on the bb? Sorry, the end-to-end on the actual setup doesn't seem clear.
    01-19-12 06:44 PM
    Micro USB.
    01-19-12 06:46 PM
    The BlackBerry doesn't transmit audio via the USB port.
    01-19-12 06:48 PM
    Interesting! Didn't realize that. And Android/iPhone devices do?
    01-19-12 06:49 PM
    When you plug in, do you choose usb drive? Sounds like maybe vw doesn't have the proper driver for bb as a storage device.
    01-19-12 06:57 PM
    Interesting! Didn't realize that. And Android/iPhone devices do?
    none of them do. The radio is accessing the files as if it were just mass usb storage. That's why you can control from the car/wheel controls.
    01-19-12 06:59 PM
    When you plug in, do you choose usb drive? Sounds like maybe vw doesn't have the proper driver for bb as a storage device.
    I access Aux-In, which is the same as when any other device is attached. And yes, that's what I'm wondering with regard to the driver and why I came here. Hoping someone has an answer and perhaps fix. Considering VW-Germany uses Blackberries as their corporate devices, seems odd they wouldn't have that driver in their vehicles.
    01-20-12 07:00 AM
    You should check with the dealer and see if there is a software upgrade for you audio system.

On the blackberry, where is your music saved? If it is on the device storage, you may want to try using a sd card for music storage. If it is already on the sd card, try storing it on the device. When a blackberry is plugged into a computer it shows as two drives if there is a sd card in the phone and this may be confusing the car audio system.

Don't be surprised if the dealer suggests an upgrade to a Porche with the QNX based audio system in order to work with a blackberry
    01-20-12 07:18 AM
    What your talking about isn't aux.. Aux refers to using a device as a 'line in', what you're trying to do is simply mount the device like any other usb slave hooked up to a usb host. Its called mass storage mode. You 'should' be prompted to turn it on when you plug it in, if not try goingto options>storage and hit menu>enable mass storage mode. Hopefully that works, if not its because volkswagon doesn't have proper drivers installed. (You don't need the rim proprietary drivers to use mass storage mode, open source drivers are readily available and vw just neglected to include them)
    01-20-12 07:47 AM
    I see the issue. If you are using the audio jack the files have been converted to an audio signal. If you are trying to use the usb jack you would need drivers to access media files. I have a friend who has a usb port in his car stereo and he can plug a flash drive full of songs into it and it works great. I think it will work if the OP gets an sd card and transfers his music files to it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comi
    Last edited by albee 1; 01-20-12 at 08:40 AM.
    01-20-12 08:36 AM
    What your talking about isn't aux.. Aux refers to using a device as a 'line in', what you're trying to do is simply mount the device like any other usb slave hooked up to a usb host. Its called mass storage mode. You 'should' be prompted to turn it on when you plug it in, if not try goingto options>storage and hit menu>enable mass storage mode. Hopefully that works, if not its because volkswagon doesn't have proper drivers installed. (You don't need the rim proprietary drivers to use mass storage mode, open source drivers are readily available and vw just neglected to include them)
    Tried manually putting my BB in Mass Storage Mode, but no go. The option was there when the BB is plugged into the USB port, but it never enabled.

The error I get on the car is Media In: Device is not functional.

The dealer was the first stop I made when I discovered the problem, before I came here. No solution there - no firmware updates.
    01-20-12 01:55 PM
    i work for vw, i will investigate this. im at the office right now, hehe, and on cberry..
    01-20-12 02:03 PM
    i work for vw, i will investigate this. im at the office right now, hehe, and on cberry..
    Fabulous! This is what I love about CB! Thank you so much
    crackman22 likes this.
    01-20-12 02:04 PM
    +1 tellem to load better usb drivers, should be an easy fix (for vw)

Op: yea I didn't think it would work if it didn't prompt on its own :\, does the stereo have aux input (cord has 3.5mm headphone jack on both ends) or even rca input in the back of it (red yellow white on one end and 3.5mm headphone on the other)
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 01-20-12 at 05:49 PM.
    01-20-12 05:45 PM
    +1 tellem to load better usb drivers, should be an easy fix (for vw)

Op: yea I didn't think it would work if it didn't prompt on its own :\, does the stereo have aux input (cord has 3.5mm headphone jack on both ends) or even rca input in the back of it (red yellow white on one end and 3.5mm headphone on the other)
    No corded aux input. Worst case, it does have an SD slot - I can load all my music on there but not the solution I should have to use.
    01-23-12 07:45 AM
    Why not stream it over Bluetooth? I don't have a VW, but when my 9900 is connected via bluetooth, the steering wheel controls will pause and skip songs.
    01-23-12 08:19 AM
    Why not stream it over Bluetooth? I don't have a VW, but when my 9900 is connected via bluetooth, the steering wheel controls will pause and skip songs.
    Nature of BT, it hiccups a bit so the music flow isn't smooth. It also doesn't give me as much control through the steering control.
    01-23-12 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD