I know there are apps available for voice text on Blackberry (Vlingo, Dragon), but will the 9900/9930 have a native application like Androids? I know that when I had my Storm 2, I was using Vlingo, but that did a poor job of recognizing the words I was speaking. That is one thing the Android does fairly well, but my goal is to get rid of the Android for a 9930 when they are released for U.S. Cellular�
    07-08-11 09:04 PM
    Try voice on the go its pretty good and free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 09:17 PM
    Vlingo also works very well. You need the Pro version to dictate messages though, and that'll run you $20.

Nuance Communications is a company that makes speech recognition and transcription software. They're supposed to be the guys behind the voice features in iOS 5 and they also appear on the 'About' screen on your BlackBerry. I'd be interested to know which of their technologies RIM licenses and if there's any intention to further integrate voice-recognition into future versions of the BlackBerry OS.
    Leinie likes this.
    07-08-11 09:46 PM
    Maybe (hopefully) Vlingo has improved in the last couple of years�
    07-08-11 09:53 PM
    Vlingo is also used on the newer android devices
    07-09-11 12:43 PM
    But is Vlingo what would be called a "native" app on Android? When you're typing a text message, and touch the "microphone" button, and speak your message…does Vlingo still need to "connect" before it can be used? I know this isn't an Android forum (but I can't wait to get back to Blackberry!)
    07-09-11 12:51 PM
    I wouldn't use it. Not when you have such a great keyboard and possible errors. "Mike, what was that gibberish you sent me?"
    07-09-11 02:18 PM
    i call it a phone call lol
    07-09-11 02:38 PM
    But is Vlingo what would be called a "native" app on Android? When you're typing a text message, and touch the "microphone" button, and speak your message�does Vlingo still need to "connect" before it can be used? I know this isn't an Android forum (but I can't wait to get back to Blackberry!)
    I know at least on the atrix and the htc phones and some samsung ones, when you press the microphone button in a text message it says vlingo on it so I suppose that is native.
    07-09-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD