Hi guys,

I have a Sprint 9930 and as you may or may not know it does not come configured for Carrier specific visual voice mail. Regular old dial voicemail seems so archaic and annoying and this has been my experience so far with aftermarket apps.

Youmail: Had it, loved it, worked great. Update OS to 7.1 in July and it never worked properly again, did multiple re installs etc. From the reviews I have read this is happening to everyone and they have abandoned BB support so that's off the table.

Hullomail: Switched to this app, and while I didn't like it as much as youmail it was certainly serving its purposes. However It keeps failing and requiring a restart in order to reset it. It will work fine for a while and then suddenly just fail and I wont know so I might have a VM out there and not know. Tried re installs same problem.

Unfortunately they appear to be the only two viable options for visual voice mail for sprint. I guess I could try Google voice but really didn't want to mess with getting a second number. All these options seems more of a pain in the than are worth.

Does anyone know of anything I havnt tried, I am 2 seconds form just saying eff it and rolling with the old school dial in style.

Thanks for any feedback
    09-17-12 10:55 PM
    Google voice works well with Sprint. It's not visual, but you can have it send text transcriptions of voicemail to your email or text to your phone. it also will load (and send) text messages for access on your computer. You then have the option of deleting VM's from your phone or online (which is way faster).

It's way better than the old Sprint dial up. I suggest you give it a whirl if you've not found anything else you like.
    09-18-12 07:00 AM
    There is an app in App World called "YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus." I had installed installed it last night but then my phone started running extremely sluggish. I have deleted it. Anyone out there using this app?
    09-29-12 09:02 AM
    Youmail used to be a great app, keyword is "used" to. Youmail pretty much abandoned support for their blackberry customers and said they would not continue to update the software for us. If you are using 7.1 OS there is a good chance it will not work properly and if it is, it will most likely start to fail. I would just delete it, especially since you said it was slowing things down.
    09-30-12 12:44 AM
    I decided to go with Google Voice. It works well and if you have the setting correctly set, your callers don't experience any delays.
    09-30-12 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD