I am increasingly hearinf complaints from callers on the other end of my call that they hear themselves echoing on the other end. They do not hear my voice echoing but their own. I do not hear anything on my end. Calls are crystal clear. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue as my carrier doesn't have a clue. They say it could be an issue with my microphone. Does this sound logical?

Or might it be a network thing? Most of my contacts that I speak to regularly are on 3G phones.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 09:57 PM
    Does this happen when you are using bluetooth? Or does this happen when you are using speakerphone? Or just the handset in normal mode?
    11-03-11 10:11 PM
    Does this happen when you are using bluetooth? Or does this happen when you are using speakerphone? Or just the handset in normal mode?
    When I am using the handset most of the time but have also heard the complaint on bluetooth. Remember.,... I hear them fine ... they hear their voice echoing.

Weird and frustrating.
    11-04-11 09:34 AM
    Have the same issues. On my 3rd 9900 in 1 month. Dont know what to do. Tech support at Rogers SUCK. They have no clue how to help me
    11-08-11 10:52 AM
    I have also had these complaints from callers. Don't think it happens all the time. Not sure what causes it.
    11-08-11 10:58 AM
    Update on the issue ... first off, Rhonda is correct up above... Rogers SUCKS!!!

Rogers deemed my unit defective and indicated that it sounds like a microphone problem even though I told them my voice is not echoing but my callers hear their own voices echoing.

In any event, the support clerk says that they don't do swaps anymore they try to fix the phone first and then replace it if it is deemed non-repairable. Fair enough. The clerk said 2-5 business day turnaround and I will get a loaner ... fair enough.

HOWEVER, When I got to the Roger's Plus centre, I was told that the turnaround time is roughly 3 weeks and that they had no loaners left .... in fact, they called 3 other locations and they too had no loaners. So, because I rely on my phone for business and absolutely need to be contactable I had to take my son's phone last night to use during this repair period. Suffice to say it is not easy taking a phone away from a teenager but I am absolutely disgusted with Rogers customer care and will be lettting them know.

I will update you all on the issue when my phone is returned from repair.
    11-08-11 12:57 PM
    My gf complains about this echo every other day it seems.. But she says my voice echo's a little and sounds like im talking way too close to the phone. She says i sound wway better on speakerphone...
    11-08-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD