Hoping someone can give me advice.

I've just today got a new 9900 but it has no sat nav - all my previous BlackBerries have had this installed as part of the package and I use it regularly.

I phoned Vodafone to be told that their satnav isn't compatible with the 9900, which I find utterly amazing. Their so called expert said he would text me a link to another similar satnav I could download which would work the same, including voice directions, but the link he finally sent through is for Google Maps, which, unless I'm mistaken, isn't satnav.

Has anyone else had this issue and could anyone recommend a good satnav app I could down load onto my 9900 that will work?

Thanks!
    10-05-11 07:09 AM
    Assuming you are not confusing GPS with SATNAV, I would take your phone back to Vodafone. My Vodafone 9900 came with "Maps" installed. This (obv) finds my location, and gives me directions to where I may want to go..
    10-05-11 07:34 AM
    The 9900 does have GPS but doesnt come with any sat nav software....thats something you will have to buy or download for free if you can find a free sat nav solution.

Dont know but ive never had any sat nav software on any of my BB's ie they havent come pre-loaded and ive got a vodafone 9780 from earlier this yr which is the same, no pre-loaded sat nav software.
    10-05-11 07:42 AM
    You can use Telmap. It is free satnav, voice guided and very good. You need to sign up to their user group to get passkey
    10-05-11 07:43 AM
    I don't think I'm getting confused. I mean "Telmap" (I believe its called) satnav that can be used whilst driving like tomtom gives you with turn by turn visual directions plus voice directions too. I have Maps on my phone but unles I'm mistaken that isn't a satnav one can uses whilst driving.

I have just yet again spoken to someone at Vodafone (someone helpful this time) and she says they are working on making their satnav compatible with the 9900 which will hopefully be done in a couple of weeks or so. In the meantime she suggested I go to App World and look for a similar satnav app - can anyone recommend one?
    10-05-11 07:45 AM
    You can use Telmap. It is free satnav, voice guided and very good. You need to sign up to their user group to get passkey
    I've found Telmap on App World but its not free - I thought this was the same one Vodafone issue free anyway and apparently isn't compatible at the moment with the 9900, but if you're using it on your 9900 it must be? Could you please just tell me how and where I "sign up to their user group and get a passkey"? Is that what makes it free?
    10-05-11 07:59 AM
    I've found Telmap on App World but its not free - I thought this was the same one Vodafone issue free anyway and apparently isn't compatible at the moment with the 9900, but if you're using it on your 9900 it must be? Could you please just tell me how and where I "sign up to their user group and get a passkey"? Is that what makes it free?
    You have PM
    10-05-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD