So now that i see that they are going to offer Vlingo Plus for free form the outages, is this as close to the Siri Assistant on the iPhone 4S has. I have the free version and it works ok, but interested to see how it will work with applications and sending messages etc.

Does anyone have the plus and find a huge advantage to it?
    10-17-11 08:03 AM
    10-17-11 08:09 AM
    Vlingo works better than Siri imo.
    10-17-11 08:35 AM
    I'd also like to know this. And to the previous poster....how do you know that Vlingo works better than Siri?
    10-17-11 08:37 AM
    Vlingo Plus worked fairly well for the 3 days I had it. Then when Rim announced free app deal they took my paid version of Vlingo away and left me with only the free version. No way to contact App World and nothing from Vlingo.
    Verizon 9850
    10-17-11 01:32 PM
    Vlingo Plus worked fairly well for the 3 days I had it. Then when Rim announced free app deal they took my paid version of Vlingo away and left me with only the free version. No way to contact App World and nothing from Vlingo.
    Verizon 9850
    Just wait for the 19th and download it again (for free).
    10-17-11 01:47 PM
    Vlingo Plus will allow you to compose emails by voice.
    It also lets you speak in virtually any application by placing the cursor where you would type and speak to add text.
    I watched the video Apple put out on the 4S regarding Siri, and from what I have seen, Vlingo can do most everything Siri can do.
    Some people say Vlingo does not translate well for them, but I have found if you enunciate your words without background noise, it it very accurate.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    10-17-11 02:43 PM
    I just see only 2 apps under this offer, will others follow? as I am really exicited to have vlingo in my Torch2
    10-20-11 02:23 AM
    I guess they will release only 1 app each day
    now there are drivesafe.ly and bbbash2 in a gift box
    10-20-11 06:01 AM
    guess bash2 isn't compatible with OS7 b/c I still only see the DriveSafe.ly app...sigh (love how the early adopters of new phones/technology get 'stiffed' - great customer service, lol)
    10-20-11 09:15 AM
    guess bash2 isn't compatible with OS7 b/c I still only see the DriveSafe.ly app...sigh (love how the early adopters of new phones/technology get 'stiffed' - great customer service, lol)
    I agree with you. But it is showing in my app world as free. I also have a bold 9900. You may want to refresh the app world or wait few hours and try. I want shazam but it will not be for os7 when it come out under free apps list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 09:28 AM
    does anyone know how the Siri works as far as translation goes? Haven't had my hands on one yet to test it out.
    10-20-11 09:56 AM
    I agree with you. But it is showing in my app world as free. I also have a bold 9900. You may want to refresh the app world or wait few hours and try. I want shazam but it will not be for os7 when it come out under free apps list.

It's weird...App World says 'Now 2 Gifts available from Blackberry' but when I click on the gift box, I only see the one...lol...

Guess I'll keep checking...
    10-20-11 10:04 AM
    bbbash2 is compatible with os7,it works fine on my 9900
    10-20-11 10:19 AM
    hmm, vlingo plus not showing up in appworld for the 9930
    10-20-11 12:27 PM
    neither vlingo nor bubble bash show up for my 9930
    10-20-11 02:52 PM
    So now that i see that they are going to offer Vlingo Plus for free form the outages, is this as close to the Siri Assistant on the iPhone 4S has. I have the free version and it works ok, but interested to see how it will work with applications and sending messages etc.

Does anyone have the plus and find a huge advantage to it?
    I had Vlingo Plus on my 9700 for a while and loved it; however, after a while, it started to have trouble loading properly when I needed to use it. I worked back and forth with support for more than a week, and did everything they asked me to do, and the problems continued. Finally, they gave up and said they couldn't help me.

I also asked about compatibility with OS 7 devices and they told me they couldn't comment.

Although it is being offered for free, I'm going to pass. While it was useful in certain situations, it's an app I can live without, and is not worth the headache.

Hope this helps, cheers,
    10-20-11 03:11 PM
    Can someone help me out with this? I downloaded the free edition of Vlingo on my 9930. I am able to set the convenience key to launch the program but it will not launch the voice component. When I hold the button down and speak nothing happens. Any work arounds or fixes? Am I missing something??
    10-21-11 06:42 AM
    I had Vlingo Plus on my 9700 for a while and loved it; however, after a while, it started to have trouble loading properly when I needed to use it. I worked back and forth with support for more than a week, and did everything they asked me to do, and the problems continued. Finally, they gave up and said they couldn't help me.

I also asked about compatibility with OS 7 devices and they told me they couldn't comment.

Although it is being offered for free, I'm going to pass. While it was useful in certain situations, it's an app I can live without, and is not worth the headache.

Hope this helps, cheers,
    I would say download it anyway and then delete it so it remains in your appworld in case you change your mind in the future and you decide to give it another go.

10-21-11 06:50 AM
    Vlingo Plus is available for and works fine on OS7, and has from the get-go. I've had no problems at all with it -- it works as it always has.
    10-21-11 06:52 AM
    Hi I was just wondering why is it that when I search for Vlingo plus virtual assistant on BB world it still wants to charge me the $19.99? I don't know how to verify if it is due to being in Canada or if it is because my phone is a torch 9800 on v. 06?
    10-24-11 10:24 PM
    Verizon 9850
    What you paid for an App and then it was taken away ?? that's crazy - how can App World do that ?
    10-25-11 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD