Hi guys. Confession - slightly embarrassed to be having to post this. But I'm drawing a complete blank. Haven't uploaded a video to youtube in a very long while. Took a few this weekend and for the life of me, can't figure out how to do so from my 9900 running 7.1.0.861 (searched the forums to no avail).

! I seem to remember a "send to youtube" option from the BB key on a highlighted video. All I have in the send to options is Bluetooth and Tag, not even email. Navigated to youtube.com, got the mobile site, and there isn't even an upload link there! The only way I've found is to navigate to the desktop version of the youtube site using the phone's browser. Surely there's an alternative!?!?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-27-13 04:02 AM
    Should have mentioned that I do not have social feeds installed. My current line of enquiry is that I'm missing an app/software...

05-27-13 04:26 AM
    Hi guys. Confession - slightly embarrassed to be having to post this. But I'm drawing a complete blank. Haven't uploaded a video to youtube in a very long while. Took a few this weekend and for the life of me, can't figure out how to do so from my 9900 running 7.1.0.861 (searched the forums to no avail).

! I seem to remember a "send to youtube" option from the BB key on a highlighted video. All I have in the send to options is Bluetooth and Tag, not even email. Navigated to youtube.com, got the mobile site, and there isn't even an upload link there! The only way I've found is to navigate to the desktop version of the youtube site using the phone's browser. Surely there's an alternative!?!?

Hi, I'm on 7.1.0.912 and I still have the 'send to youtube option.'

Can you do it from the YouTube App itself on the 9900, open the app and you'll immediately see the option to;

Go to YouTube
    Upload Video

When you chose Upload Video it'll take you to your video folder or you can then do the following.

Media>Videos> highlight the video you want to send Press Menu>Scroll Down to Send>Move/ or Slide right and another submenu pops with options to;

Upload to YouTube
    Bluetooth
    Tag.

After pressing Upload to YouTube you'll get a screen that says
    "Your video must be 15 min and @GB to be uploaded"

Maybe your current OS doesn't do it, do you remember if you were using a different OS.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-27-13 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Maybe current doesn't do it
    05-27-13 03:50 PM
    Hi, I'm on 7.1.0.912 and I still have the 'send to youtube option.'

Can you do it from the YouTube App itself on the 9900, open the app and you'll immediately see the option to;

Go to YouTube
    Upload Video

When you chose Upload Video it'll take you to your video folder or you can then do the following.

Media>Videos> highlight the video you want to send Press Menu>Scroll Down to Send>Move/ or Slide right and another submenu pops with options to;

Upload to YouTube
    Bluetooth
    Tag.

After pressing Upload to YouTube you'll get a screen that says
    "Your video must be 15 min and @GB to be uploaded"

Maybe your current OS doesn't do it, do you remember if you were using a different OS.
    I don't have this either, I am running .862
    Maybe you need YouTube app or link setup? I have google talk and it says Send � Google Talk.

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    05-27-13 06:58 PM
    Thanks guys. I don't have any youtube app installed and didn't realise there was still such a thing. I will connect up to device manager to see if I excluded something I need to do this (I normally install O/S bare bones).

05-27-13 07:44 PM
    I don't have it anymore, but I remember on my 9930 I had the "Send to YouTube" option.
    05-27-13 08:04 PM
    Thanks guys. I don't have any youtube app installed and didn't realise there was still such a thing. I will connect up to device manager to see if I excluded something I need to do this (I normally install O/S bare bones).

There is no real YouTube app, just a browser shortcut on the homescreen
    05-27-13 08:05 PM
    There is no real YouTube app, just a browser shortcut on the homescreen
    I was referring to the YouTube Icon that came pre-installed on 9900.

05-27-13 09:10 PM
    On my ATT Bold 9900 ,7.1.0.694, I have an option to "upload to YT". Stop recording ,row of icons along bottom of screen, find envelope icon(send). Click on that. Menu has" upload to YT" along with other options. I've never actually uploaded a video to YT though.
    05-27-13 11:43 PM
    I still believe we need to have Youtube app or that little file that allows this. Take a look at this, I left this out when I was re-installing. I will select it this time and see if it brings it back.
    I suggest you run your loader and see if you have this left out from last installation.

05-28-13 08:00 PM
    I was right, enabling above brought back Send > "Upload to Youtube" option. Run your loader and enable youtube app/script.
    05-28-13 08:18 PM
    Yea, I excluded that when doing my install thinking it was just the browser shortcut. But maybe there's more to it. Let me run loader and give it a try.

05-29-13 02:54 PM