So I've done google searches and crackberry searches but nothing to solve my issue.
    Pretty sure I'm running the last VZW update of the OS (7.1.0 Bundle 457).

I've had a custom profile that I made since I had my Tour, switched over to the Bold in August 2011 and it was fine. Basically it's a profile that rings for phone calls, blinks for emails and vibrates for texts and certain friends' emails from gmail. Been working fine up until recently. Now my phone no longer vibrates for texts or these gmail emails while using this profile, or even the pre-loaded "Vibrate Only" profile. I even have my morning alarm set to vibrate twice and then ring, but it doesn't vibrate anymore. I noticed this maybe last week and I've done two hard resets to no avail. I have the charging pod for my Bold and when I have it on, sometimes it will vibrate for the emails, sometimes it won't. I've felt it vibrate when picking it up from the pod, but not all the time. But it consistently doesn't vibrate for texts on or off the charging pod. I've checked the profile, everything is set the way I want it, my friends' custom profiles are set to "active profile" for everything except the emails and texts which are set to "on" (I don't use the holster so all of those settings are off). The other peculiar thing is that when I have everything set to "active profile" and vibrate on for each person, I press "try it" and it doesn't vibrate when I try. I also did this with the profile itself, and when I press "try it" it doesn't vibrate either.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I don't have insurance on the phone, honestly I can probably live with the problem until I get to my next upgrade, but I would really like to fix this because it's a pain to have to check my phone constantly because there's no vibrate.
    04-30-12 03:21 PM
    Have you tried a long press on the "Q" key? That should change it to the vibrate profile, long press again to change it back.
    04-30-12 03:36 PM
    I'm on a different carrier and os, but I found one bug that affects vibration. If I set up a contact alert, in the "Tactile Alerts" portion, if I change it to "Custom" and then set "Vibrate" to "Active Profile" and save it, it always reverts back to "In Holster" no matter how many times I do this. Nothing I do will keep it on "Active Profile." Maybe you're experiencing something similar. At least make sure the Tactile Alerts portion of your individual Contact Alerts are set to "Always" if you're using custom vibrations. Other than that, I have no idea why vibrations aren't working in general for you, on the Vibrate Only profile. I hope the little motor isn't broken.
    Last edited by T�nis; 04-30-12 at 03:56 PM.
    04-30-12 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the responses, holding the Q unfortunately didn't do much.
    I also checked my contact alerts and under tactile alerts for messages I have it set to On. I clicked "try it" and it doesn't work. Odd thing, I changed it to "Custom", "Medium", "Two" and "Always", clicked try it and it blinked a few times then vibrated once. I tried it again to no avail. Waited, clicked "try it" again and it blinked and vibrated.
    Went to my custom profile, changed my gmail account notification from "On" to "Custom" the same way I did for my contact alerts but still nothing.
    So it does vibrate, oddly and randomly, but still no fix.
    04-30-12 04:17 PM
    Thanks for the responses, holding the Q unfortunately didn't do much.
    I also checked my contact alerts and under tactile alerts for messages I have it set to On. I clicked "try it" and it doesn't work. Odd thing, I changed it to "Custom", "Medium", "Two" and "Always", clicked try it and it blinked a few times then vibrated once. I tried it again to no avail. Waited, clicked "try it" again and it blinked and vibrated.
    Went to my custom profile, changed my gmail account notification from "On" to "Custom" the same way I did for my contact alerts but still nothing.
    So it does vibrate, oddly and randomly, but still no fix.
    I'm not sure about custom rings ect. I use a Bold on the same VZW platform and bundle. What I can say is ur phone has a 1yr warranty. I would go to a store or call....800-483-7356. This number is for VZW high level tech support. Hope that helps.
    04-30-12 04:28 PM
    The fact that you got it to vibrate is a good thing, in my opinion. At least the motor probably isn't broken. I wonder if an app is affecting it.

I think there are bugs in the vibration feature. I get the same thing (no vibration) under certain conditions. For example, right now my phone is set to the Vibrate Only profile -- default. If I go into the Messages portion of one of my contact alerts where Vibration is set to Active Profile and click Try It, the LED flashes but there's no vibration. It should vibrate! The Active Profile is set to Vibrate Only! But it doesn't. If I change it to On and click Try It, it works. I think RIM hacked together the Vibration contact alert customiztion features. It's bullsh*it, I know. It doesn't happen on the Sound Alerts portion.
    04-30-12 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD