@Haig Assadourian -

Unfortunately we still don't have a definite answer to this question. Bringing Viber to Playbook is something that is certainly on our list, but we still haven't been able to devote full resources to examining and testing Viber on it. Once we have official news regarding this matter, we will certainly share it.

-----

Our efforts to complete the VoIP feature inside Viber for Blackberry are still ongoing, and as we promised - we will inform you once we have any announcement ourselves.
    MTL and atlac like this.
    12-05-12 03:07 AM
    I think it's unfair to say that Viber is useless. Viber has NEVER forced anyone to install their software. It's the USER who has set the requirements, and fairly so. But to call the software USELESS is uncalled for. If you can find an alternative, please go ahead and install another software. Until then, kudos to the Viber team for trying their best to bring VOIP to BB.
    I using viber each day more and more, but in Spain WhatsApp is a most used although I prefer viber. It will be very cool if they manage to offer full funcional app before Christmas, I still believe that Viber is behind is some way an in collaboration whit our new BBM voice
    12-08-12 11:44 AM
    I will appreciate if viber team can give any expected timeline of VoIP calls on BB. Thanks
    12-26-12 02:05 AM
    I think we don't need Viber no more. BBM Voice is enough.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 02:31 AM
    I think we don't need Viber no more. BBM Voice is enough.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    viber is cross platform and can work without wifi. what about bbm voice?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    AbuYazeedUK, MTL and Mindis like this.
    12-26-12 02:52 AM
    @Atif80 -

Unfortunately we can't provide such time frame
    We are still working hard on the development and testing of the voice feature, and when we have news ourselves, we promise to share them.
    atlac likes this.
    12-26-12 11:31 AM
    i cant get viber on my bold 9900 says its not availible for my phone :/
    12-30-12 07:11 AM
    Viber team I have a question for you. Please tell us will voice calls be available on blackberry 7 devices as well, or just for bb 10? Please reply!
    12-31-12 12:42 AM
    @Deani24 -

What country are you located in? Which cellular network?

@muhammadawais94 -

Our hope is to bring our calling service to as many BB devices as possible, including the devices that currently support Viber today (with only the messaging service). We're doing our best, and when we have official news we'll certainly share it
    atlac likes this.
    01-01-13 11:13 AM
    Uk and three it says on blackberry appworld not supported for this divice I have a bold 9900
    01-01-13 11:22 AM
    Uk and three it says on blackberry appworld not supported for this divice I have a bold 9900
    It's fully supported for the 9900 in the UK

01-01-13 11:52 AM
    Can you help me then when I go on appworld its say on my phone its not supported for this device :/ dunno why tho :s
    01-01-13 11:59 AM
    Can you help me then when I go on appworld its say on my phone its not supported for this device :/ dunno why tho :s
    Try clearing your App World cache by opening My World and pressing Alt + RST or download it directly from their site.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 01-01-13 at 01:12 PM.
    AhmetToca likes this.
    01-01-13 12:40 PM
    You may also try the direct link to the app file in our HelpDesk: Can't download from the AppWorld?
    01-02-13 03:40 AM
    Its ok I got it now thanks to phill
    01-02-13 03:48 AM
    Its ok I got it now thanks to phill
    Great news!
    Enjoy Viber
    01-02-13 04:39 AM
    Hi there Viber representative,
    Like the way you have answer in polite and patient way. Pardon us as we hope viber will speed up the voice call process in conjunction of BB10 launching in less than a month time.
    01-03-13 06:11 AM
    Hi there Viber representative,
    Like the way you have answer in polite and patient way. Pardon us as we hope viber will speed up the voice call process in conjunction of BB10 launching in less than a month time.
    We also need to thank Crackberry's warm hospitality
    Yep, our Blackberry development teams are working around the clock and we are doing our best to have Viber's voice service released as soon as possible.

We'll keep you informed with news.
    atlac likes this.
    01-04-13 03:45 AM
    Viber! i have a question! How has rim allowed you to develop VoIP for bb? I have heard that rim doesn't like apps which support VoIP! How true is my statement?
    01-04-13 03:55 AM
    when will be viber getting voice calls?? can the crackberry team help us to take our voice to viber people , we want free calls in viber on our bb handsets
    01-05-13 10:44 PM
    My mom just switched to Android cause of Viber offering voice there....good one!
    01-06-13 12:34 AM
    Viber! i have a question! How has rim allowed you to develop VoIP for bb? I have heard that rim doesn't like apps which support VoIP! How true is my statement?
    We wouldn't want to report about our collaboration with RIM, but as you can understand - we've been working on the VoIP update for quite a while, and we wouldn't do it if we didn't have good reasons to believe that it would be approved

Again, when we have concrete news about release dates, we'll certainly share it.
    01-07-13 12:40 PM
    with voip on bbm now i would imagine it "should" be easier to integrate that functionality to viber...

looking forward to re-installing this app once voip becomes available.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-07-13 06:23 PM
    There is an older and larger thread talking about Viber for Blackberry (all of them not just the 9900):

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...g-soon-705400/

I hope they will release it one day, but as you can read in both threads, it won't be soon as they are saying soon for nearly a year.

It is the feature that i'm waiting for MOST to be implemented in our Blackberries! BBM Voice is cool, but we need an app that bring us VoIP calls through BIS.

Cheers form Barcelona!
    Last edited by Biulet; 01-08-13 at 12:58 AM. Reason: add link to the other thread
    pedrogari likes this.
    01-08-13 12:56 AM
    01-16-13 04:25 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD