I've got BESx 5.0.3 and I recently upgraded from a 9630 to a 9930. I now have wifi, so I'm using it. If I'm on the wifi that is on the same network as my BESx server, my data is insanely slow. Web browsing is painful, Facebook is slow, it's just unpleasant. If I go to any other wifi network, it's significantly faster.

I'd love to check out things like DNS but I see no way to see what DHCP is issueing on the phone.

So what's going on here? In OS5 I'd just set the browser to "internet browser" but that isn't an option in OS7.
    09-01-11 10:02 PM
    Mine's very fast on BES using WiFi or H+...more so than any other past BB I've owned.
    09-02-11 12:19 AM
    I presumed this is a problem of mine, not a problem for everybody.
    09-02-11 08:59 AM
    I have the same problem that the WiFi is very SLOW (T-Home Speedport W920v - Router a/g/n activated). 3G is way faster :|

On top of it, using of WiFi with the phone for more than 1MB usage is crashing the router. Before it worked superb.

I use FW7.0.0.296

Please heeeelp

Btw. this is my first Blackberry and my first post in here: Hello
    09-09-11 08:12 PM
    I have the same problem that the WiFi is very SLOW (T-Home Speedport W920v - Router a/g/n activated). 3G is way faster :|

On top of it, using of WiFi with the phone for more than 1MB usage is crashing the router. Before it worked superb.

I use FW7.0.0.296

Please heeeelp

Btw. this is my first Blackberry and my first post in here: Hello
    The router crashing may be fixed with a firmware update on your router. I've seen similar problems before on a Linksys router, 4 times..
    09-10-11 09:12 AM
    The router crashing may be fixed with a firmware update on your router. I've seen similar problems before on a Linksys router, 4 times..

Thank you for the tip
    But after I checked, there is no firmware update available (yet) and it usually updates itself.
    09-10-11 12:17 PM
    Well, thanks to the help of nobody, I figured it out. Keep in mind my environment has a BESx server on it, if you don't have one this may not solve the problem.

Slow to access pages is usually a DNS problem, with a BES server all web traffic goes through the server. If you don't have a DNS entry pointing to the BES server, it will try to access it till it times out then go to another server to find the page. I setup my router (doing DHCP) to use the BES server as local DNS and the router for public DNS.

If it's slow and you don't have BES on your network, it still may be DNS related. Since you can't see what DNS servers you're pulling on the phone, I used my Playbook to see what was getting sent to the phone (computers were listing all DNS servers handed out by DHCP). Playbook only lists primary and one of the secondaries, I assumed the phone got the same thing. Your ISP's DNS servers may be out of date or just plain suck, so try changing your secondary DNS server to 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2 and it may work.
    09-24-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD