Just picked up this sweet 9930 on Friday, and today, I am having major issues.

9930/7.0.0.254 (B1341) is on the device currently.
    Apps:
    Quicklaunch
    BerryWeather
    BerryBuzz
    Facebook
    SocialScope
    Twitter
    Google Sync
    ShowMeTheImages (beta)

Today, while using it, the trackpad quit working, sort of. I couldn't get the cursor to move at all. Touchscreen worked, sort of. Major lag....OK, battery pull. That did nothing. That seemed to have made it worse. Now the touchscreen doesn't want to respond, with a 10 second response time. Battery pull again. Nothing! Wait, now it works. Works great....for 5 minutes, then the cursor disappears, and by cursor, I mean the highlighted box on the app screen. OK, open a text, nope, can't scroll there either. No scrolling anywhere.

Did a massive battery pull. Left it out of the device for an hour and half. That seemed to work, for a few minutes. Now it will not scroll again. Touchscreen works, but no scrolling unless you use the screen. Deleted all of the apps that I recently downloaded, like in the last day or so. Still won't work.

I checked my trackpad sensitivity, all is set as it came from the mfg. Do I just have a faulty device? Not dropped, no water damage, not even set down hard. I have babied this phone since Friday. Not new by any means to BB, but if I am missing something, please fill me in!

Next step: Wipe?
    Next after that: Return for exchange?

Help?????
    09-13-11 12:36 PM
    Did you call verizon? Probably just need to exchange.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 12:39 PM
    I would wipe and reload the OS it worked for me the first day I had mine and no issues ever since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 01:35 PM
    Did you do a full restore from your old phone?
    09-13-11 01:37 PM
    Just picked up this sweet 9930 on Friday, and today, I am having major issues.

9930/7.0.0.254 (B1341) is on the device currently.
    Apps:
    Quicklaunch
    BerryWeather
    BerryBuzz
    Facebook
    SocialScope
    Twitter
    Google Sync
    ShowMeTheImages (beta)

Today, while using it, the trackpad quit working, sort of. I couldn't get the cursor to move at all. Touchscreen worked, sort of. Major lag....OK, battery pull. That did nothing. That seemed to have made it worse. Now the touchscreen doesn't want to respond, with a 10 second response time. Battery pull again. Nothing! Wait, now it works. Works great....for 5 minutes, then the cursor disappears, and by cursor, I mean the highlighted box on the app screen. OK, open a text, nope, can't scroll there either. No scrolling anywhere.

Did a massive battery pull. Left it out of the device for an hour and half. That seemed to work, for a few minutes. Now it will not scroll again. Touchscreen works, but no scrolling unless you use the screen. Deleted all of the apps that I recently downloaded, like in the last day or so. Still won't work.

I checked my trackpad sensitivity, all is set as it came from the mfg. Do I just have a faulty device? Not dropped, no water damage, not even set down hard. I have babied this phone since Friday. Not new by any means to BB, but if I am missing something, please fill me in!

Next step: Wipe?
    Next after that: Return for exchange?

Help?????
    It really sounds like you have had enough BBs that you know what you are doing and what to expect even with this brand new device. The biggest favor you can do for yourself since i don't feel YOU should have to wipe the device is take it back to the store and let them see what is going on, Let them give you a brand new one and like I have done before when this happened to meo nce, i went and sat in a corner and played with it for 1/2 hour before I left the store so I was satisfied the new one was working right.

I think you will feel better also if you do this. reinstalling apps are no big deal and atthe same time they can switch your contacts back over and check it themselves.
    09-13-11 01:45 PM
    Deleted more apps, and erased the stuff in QuickLaunch. After I set a few shortcuts in QuickLaunch, that is when it acted funny. I am gonna roll with this, and see how it handles. Really do not want to go through the hassle of a replacement, and a new PIN, and reloading the apps.
    09-13-11 04:24 PM
    Deleted more apps, and erased the stuff in QuickLaunch. After I set a few shortcuts in QuickLaunch, that is when it acted funny. I am gonna roll with this, and see how it handles. Really do not want to go through the hassle of a replacement, and a new PIN, and reloading the apps.
    HF with all the BBs you have had it should be a breeze for you.... Come on and bite the bullet if it isn't right before your time with the carrier runs out...lol
    09-13-11 05:19 PM
    I will give it a day or two, and if it happens again, it's going back for sure.
    09-13-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD