Hi,

I have been a lurker on this site for years. Motly because I always seem to find my answer without having to post. This time however I am really confused.

So here it is.

I have a Verizon 9930 - it is unlocked with a code, when I did the MEPD it shows disabled and inactive. One of my employees in the US used it. I canceled the account and now have the phone.

My wife's BB is dying so I inserted the Telus SIM and called home and - it is still the same number (usa one) - so I pull out the SIM and holly crap - the phone still works and shows the US number. It doesn't need a SIM to work?

So it doesn't see my wife's SIM, doesn't release the old USA number (even unlocked) and on an account that I though was canceled still works... (another issue I suspect)

So - can anyone explain what I am missing here? Please, I understand most tech but this is really frustrating. the phone is brand new and way nicer than her curve. My z10 rocks too bad for her lol.

I am in Ontario BTW.
    02-21-14 05:32 PM
    Maybe the account didn't get closed. Check to see if you are still connecting via CDMA vs GSM.
    02-22-14 03:35 PM
    Verizon is cdma so no sims card need on 9930 to use sim card go into setting and change network settings to umts/gsm then it will see your wife's sims
    02-22-14 04:52 PM
    I don't think the 9930 is compatible on Telus. Telus sold the 9900 not the 9930.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    02-22-14 05:13 PM
    The 9930 can utilize both CDMA & GSM. You may not get 3G data speed with the GSM but the phone should work fine. I have used my 9930 in Hong Kong, Beijing and Seoul, it worked fine on GSM.
    02-22-14 08:21 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Telus ever had GSM. They went from CDMA to HSPA

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    02-22-14 11:15 PM