So today I'm in the lobby of a company waiting for my contact to show and sat down next to a guy working on his old beat up BB. I started a conversation and asked if he knew about the new Bold Touch, which I showed him. He said he was recently at a Verizon store and they told him that RIMM has laid off 11% of their staff, and the existing BB phones would be the last that RIMM makes. Hmmm, a bit shady, eh?

So I let him hold my 9930 and his eyes lit up..I told him that RIMM has released or will be releasing 7 new phones and this is their biggest launch ever. He seemed perplexed by the vexing look on his face. He then said that he's going back to the store tonight to buy one. He was floored by the feel and interface of the new bold and I mentioned how speedy fast it was.

So it appears Verizon is still pushing the Android and making false claims about RIMM. Pretty pathetic and desperate. And while we all agree that RIMM's marketing efforts have yet to kick in (or will they?), this misinformation from a Verizon rep is very serious.
    08-31-11 09:44 PM
    RIM will be just fine.
    08-31-11 09:52 PM
    well same can be said for at&t.but it doesn't mean a lawsuit should be applied as the proper legal course of action.at&t also pushes iphone/android to their customers but at the end of the day the customers decide what device they want.usa is all about freedom of choice.and that choice is for the customer and the carrier will have to respect it no matter what.if you like bb,get bb.if you like apple,get apple.if you like android,get android.nobody is stopping you.
    08-31-11 09:54 PM
    well same can be said for at&t.but it doesn't mean a lawsuit should be applied as the proper legal course of action.at&t also pushes iphone/android to their customers but at the end of the day the customers decide what device they want.usa is all about freedom of choice.and that choice is for the customer and the carrier will have to respect it no matter what.if you like bb,get bb.if you like apple,get apple.if you like android,get android.nobody is stopping you.
    Agree, but I think you missed the point about the false-information and suggestive tone being disseminated don't you think?
    08-31-11 09:56 PM
    A lawsuit would not even make it in the front door of any court...........

It's called "Sales" Any company will try to sell what gives them the biggest return. Verizon pushed BlackBerry's a few years back, but the band wagon with cell phone carriers is 4G and Android. It's were the money is right now......

But no worries here, RIM is not going anywhere.
    08-31-11 10:03 PM
    Agree, but I think you missed the point about the false-information and suggestive tone being disseminated don't you think?
    which ever verizon rep said that its the last bunch of bb from rim should be immediately fired on the spot.i agree with you on that count.but i never trust reps with anything and especially release dates(which folks like me on at&t know very well)so if your smart enough you would just avoid the nonsense and get what you want.if the reps continue to cause trouble,ask for their supervisor.
    08-31-11 10:04 PM
    They are going to push what is selling at the time. And android is still a hot item! As soon as more people see Rims new devices many will switch back as I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 10:29 PM
    Eh, I think that Verizon rep said that cause he despises BB and Wants it to be the last bunch.
    yenyob and Jake Storm like this.
    08-31-11 10:32 PM
    I'd say they push more "4G" than a particular brand. if the average consumer really knew what 4G meant and what speeds they should be getting as opposed to thinking they are getting 4G speeds, then all of these wireless companies would be out of business and everyone would be using wifi iPads.
    08-31-11 10:34 PM
    Keep in mind instore personnel (Verizon/AT&T/T-mobile, etc) are not experts in any way shape or form, they are SALESPEOPLE. A lot of them are younger people that like iPhones/Androids so that is what they are going to have knowledge of, and with any tech sales people, if you are going to depend on them to give you unbiased knowledgeable advise you are well and truly $cr3wed. It is up to you as the consumer to be the knowledgeable part of the deal and buy what fits your needs/desires.
    08-31-11 10:37 PM
    Keep in mind instore personnel (Verizon/AT&T/T-mobile, etc) are not experts in any way shape or form, they are SALESPEOPLE. A lot of them are younger people that like iPhones/Androids so that is what they are going to have knowledge of, and with any tech sales people, if you are going to depend on them to give you unbiased knowledgeable advise you are well and truly $cr3wed. It is up to you as the consumer to be the knowledgeable part of the deal and buy what fits your needs/desires.
    Agreed, I would say the average Crackberry user knows a lot more about ANY cellphone that them.
    08-31-11 10:50 PM
    Everyone I have shown my Bold 9930 is just blown away. Including the sales guy I had to convince to let me look at the Bold vs. some droid. It is just funny to start talking about the processor, screen resolution, touch, NFC, world phone, great looks, awesome keyboard, etc, etc. The sales people are just faced with a new reality or something.
    To be honest, BB had not put out a device this good before and so some of this is their own fault. I myself left BB for a droid HTC Evo 4G and hated it. The graphics are cool but the battery life just sucked and the e-mail was not even close to BB. I came back to BB with the Torch and liked just fine. However, I can now say that I just love my phone. LOVE IT. Finally!
    I am making a point to show it to people and they can then decide for themselves. To be honest, I just don't see a contest. The iP4 on VZ or Sprint (they don't even have it) is NOT a world phone, no NFC, slower processor, e-mail sucks, and it drops your calls. The awesome multi-media is nice but how about a phone that is built like a tank and actually works as the best communications device that does have really good media capabilities as well? Obviously the iP4 or any future iPhone will not have a physical keyboard because in their effort to standardize their platform they trapped themselves in the same box. The iPhone will never be able to show real change because it would lose the main advantage it has. Apps. The apps would not work on a completely different device so the iPhone will simply never get a fresh look.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-31-11 10:51 PM
    Just a thought. If every Crackberry user showed their phone to someone else, RIMM would double the size of its platform. The average Crackberry user actually knows phone specs and details better than many Verizon sales people anyway. That would be kind of cool.
    08-31-11 10:54 PM
    Everyone I have shown my Bold 9930 is just blown away. Including the sales guy I had to convince to let me look at the Bold vs. some droid. It is just funny to start talking about the processor, screen resolution, touch, NFC, world phone, great looks, awesome keyboard, etc, etc. The sales people are just faced with a new reality or something.
    To be honest, BB had not put out a device this good before and so some of this is their own fault. I myself left BB for a droid HTC Evo 4G and hated it. The graphics are cool but the battery life just sucked and the e-mail was not even close to BB. I came back to BB with the Torch and liked just fine. However, I can now say that I just love my phone. LOVE IT. Finally!
    I am making a point to show it to people and they can then decide for themselves. To be honest, I just don't see a contest. The iP4 on VZ or Sprint (they don't even have it) is NOT a world phone, no NFC, slower processor, e-mail sucks, and it drops your calls. The awesome multi-media is nice but how about a phone that is built like a tank and actually works as the best communications device that does have really good media capabilities as well? Obviously the iP4 or any future iPhone will not have a physical keyboard because in their effort to standardize their platform they trapped themselves in the same box. The iPhone will never be able to show real change because it would lose the main advantage it has. Apps. The apps would not work on a completely different device so the iPhone will simply never get a fresh look.
    Here Here! BB's Forever!!!!!!
    08-31-11 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD