Hi All,

Once Again Verizon is treating us BB / 9930 users as an afterthought and insulting us
    with a long delay for release of an official OS that is already quite obsolete and from what I remember, that release is not even the best of recent leaked or official releases.

I am currently running leaked OS .402 and it has been great. I had some sort of glitch develop last week and my radio was not properly capturing the signal. Phone service was OK but internet browsing was not connecting. I went to the verizon store to see if I could get a quick signal analysis and all I got was the usual upgrade to Android sales pitch. And of course for $10.00 more dollars a month, they will add a Galaxy tab 4G that will be sure to way exceed the new data plan by a ton and line their pockets with extra add-on data charges. I politely said thank you and got the heck out of there away from the Verizon Carnival Barkers.

Reinstalled .402 that afternoon, and whatever the glitch I had is now gone after the reinstall of .402. Apparantly, we the users are the best tech support that Verizon has regarding Blackberry, so thanks for nothing Verizon.

Now if someone in the World would show the 9930 some love and release an official or leaked OS 7.1.0.5**, than I could return to a more relaxed state and wait for OS10 launch if RIM remains healthy enough to actually release it. If RIM does not make it, I will be very sad and at that point I will be forced to go to an Android, but most likely NOT with Verizon!!!! With Verizon, I am getting sick and tired of being sick and tired. Nuff said

Cheers
    07-05-12 09:45 AM
    Hi All,

Once Again Verizon is treating us BB / 9930 users as an afterthought and insulting us

with a long delay for release of an official OS that is already quite obsolete and from what I remember, that release is not even the best of recent leaked or official releases.

I am currently running leaked OS .402 and it has been great. I had some sort of glitch develop last week and my radio was not properly capturing the signal. Phone service was OK but internet browsing was not connecting. I went to the verizon store to see if I could get a quick signal analysis and all I got was the usual upgrade to Android sales pitch. And of course for $10.00 more dollars a month, they will add a Galaxy tab 4G that will be sure to way exceed the new data plan by a ton and line their pockets with extra add-on data charges. I politely said thank you and got the heck out of there away from the Verizon Carnival Barkers.

Reinstalled .402 that afternoon, and whatever the glitch I had is now gone after the reinstall of .402. Apparantly, we the users are the best tech support that Verizon has regarding Blackberry, so thanks for nothing Verizon.

Now if someone in the World would show the 9930 some love and release an official or leaked OS 7.1.0.5**, than I could return to a more relaxed state and wait for OS10 launch if RIM remains healthy enough to actually release it. If RIM does not make it, I will be very sad and at that point I will be forced to go to an Android, but most likely NOT with Verizon!!!! With Verizon, I am getting sick and tired of being sick and tired. Nuff said

Cheers

We are all waiting for 7.1.0.5**. I'm sure it is right around the corner. It seems that all other BB7 devices are get that .5** OS.

By the way, if you continue to have issues with .402, give .342 a shot. .402 was almost an immediate disappointment for me.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    07-05-12 10:10 AM
    Thanks Dustanh,

I did enjoy OS .342 and had very reliable service from that version. But when a leak comes out I can't resist that Siren call to upgrade(LOL). Other than that recent isolated issue that I had and slightly worst battery drain (but I keep it plugged into my car charger most of the day since I play Pandora, Slacker and use Telenav all day as an outside Sales Rep. so I always keep a topped off battery). I always have too many apps installed so my available app memory is not that much to begin with and it often goes down to zero. One thing that I can say about OS 7, it still performs quite admirably with zero app memory and at zero, it certain stops further app memory drain. Too many apps installed is a problem I caused and I generally use quick pull one or two times a day, which is not much of a problem since reboot is generally only a few minutes with the 9930. If I need to, I have the last two or three OS versions in my archive in case I want to jump backward. If I do, I agree, .342 is the way to go. Thanks for your advice.

I sure love my BB 9930 experience compared to the Storm and the Storm 2. The only thing I miss is the full sized screen, my eyes are not as sharp as they used to be so I expand the view quite often.

Cheers
    07-05-12 10:48 AM
    I am still running Verizon's official 163. If I upgrade to 342 (sounds like this is the OS that most like), can anyone tell me what differences I might expect between the two versions?

Thanks!
    07-07-12 12:45 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD