I saw the post on crackberry.com that the new OS update was being rolled out from verizon. Has anyone seen & or downloaded this update? It was a few days ago and I haven't gotten anything pushed to my phone or shown as available when I connect to blackberry desktop software?
    06-01-12 08:38 PM
    I saw the post on crackberry.com that the new OS update was being rolled out from verizon. Has anyone seen & or downloaded this update? It was a few days ago and I haven't gotten anything pushed to my phone or shown as available when I connect to blackberry desktop software?
    I too have been anxiously awaiting the updated OS and tried refreshing my software update on the phone and have connected the desktop software many times with the same results as you.

I am starting to get frustrated now!
    06-01-12 09:13 PM
    Yup scrrew it going to DL 342
    06-01-12 09:56 PM
    Yup scrrew it going to DL 342
    That's the kinda atitude we need to have around here. Yeaaaa whooooooo NEW OS!!! Haha good luck to everyone who updates.
    New OS is always good
    06-01-12 10:24 PM
    The only problem is that all the instructions on CB are from like 2008 and dont work with windows 7 etc. With all this hassel and BS why stay with RIM
    06-01-12 10:49 PM
    Ehh I give up.
    06-01-12 10:58 PM
    The only problem is that all the instructions on CB are from like 2008 and dont work with windows 7 etc. With all this hassel and BS why stay with RIM
    I'm a lil confused. What does crackberry have to do with staying with "RIM"?
    OS swaps are easy if that's what your talking about. I've been doing OS swaps on windows 7 for over a year and a half now with not a single issue. Delete the vendor.xml file(s) and its all easy from there
    06-01-12 11:51 PM
    If it hasn't popped up that probably means you already have it
    06-01-12 11:52 PM
    I'm a lil confused. What does crackberry have to do with staying with "RIM"?
    OS swaps are easy if that's what your talking about. I've been doing OS swaps on windows 7 for over a year and a half now with not a single issue. Delete the vendor.xml file(s) and its all easy from there
    Not only that....remember to close your internet connection. If you're still connected the vendor.xml files will get downloaded during the upgrade and it will never happen.
    06-02-12 06:34 AM
    Ehh I give up.
    It's not difficult at all, really. Just install the the downloaded OS you want (.342 in your case) and make sure it's the only OS you have installed. Skip DM completely and go to Program Files/Common Files/Reasearch in Motion and you will see some subfolders. Open the Apploader folder and scroll to the bottom. Delete the Vendor file. Then just open the Loader application and follow the directions. I've been using .402 for weeks now and it's great!
    06-02-12 10:46 AM
    I DL the file from BB Cellcom and than run the file that installs on computer. I go to apploader and delete vendor file. Start loader application and follow directions. I get no option to load new os. All i get is the option to load or delete apps. If I go to add I get no option to add new os as I dont find it anywhere
    06-02-12 12:39 PM
    Where would i find other installed versions of OS?
    06-02-12 12:41 PM
    Look in your Windows Control Panel. Check Programs and Features. Scroll down to find BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE. Uninstall that, then reboot. Reinstall the OS file that you want to use, then reboot again.

There can be several copies of VENDOR.XML and you have to get rid of all of them.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
    ==========OR============
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)

C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It will probably show the file in at least two, and likely three locations. Delete every copy that it finds, then reboot one more time.
    06-02-12 01:20 PM
    I got to the point of the software loading and got to the wait for device initalization and the phone says error 507 reload software the loader gives me the option retry or cancel grrr
    06-02-12 03:48 PM
    Okay third attempt was the charm thanks all
    CNParrish likes this.
    06-02-12 04:00 PM
    Good to hear that it finally worked.
    06-02-12 04:21 PM
    So, has anyone besides the one guy whose reports triggered Crackberry to proclaim that Verizon updated the official OS on our 9930s actually been able to update their OS to a Verizon release of 7.1.0.267 yet?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-10-12 08:00 PM
    I haven't been able to so I loaded .342.
    06-11-12 12:24 PM
    VZW's official is 267?
    I've been running 340 with no problems but they say 342 is the better one to download. Forget waiting for an official VZW. Just download 342. Unless you need a VZW release for some reason.
    06-11-12 12:32 PM
    Don't hold your breath for a VZW release. I've played around with all the officials and leaks, 7.1.0.163 runs just as good as anything else for me and has a pretty good battery and a good radio.
    06-11-12 07:55 PM
    My one and only reason for staying with a Verizon official release is that I use the Vzw PTT app to communicate with my father in law at the farm. He is on a regular feature phone that is PTT capable so there isn't an option of using other smartphone PTT apps. I guess I'll just put the Verizon update on my wishlist!
    06-11-12 08:47 PM
    New OS is always good
    Not always true, especially when VZW is involved!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-12-12 at 08:18 AM.
    06-12-12 08:04 AM
    On Verizon. Loaded another carrier's .342 this weekend. Seems like a solid build.
    06-12-12 08:43 PM
    On Verizon. Loaded another carrier's .342 this weekend. Seems like a solid build.
    It is.
    And as far as the earlier poster who said that if you're not running a Verizon build, your 9930 won't work overseas: That's not true. I've been overseas many times, running all types of OS's and I've never had a problem.
    06-13-12 06:31 AM
    If you go to england with a 9930 and put an orange sim in it from the uk will data still work?
    07-04-12 01:41 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD