CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Verizon 9930 to AT&T sim card

I have an AT&T i phone 3G. I bought a Verizon Bold 9930 because it doesnt have a camera and I need that for work. Can some one tell me what I need to do to get the Bold working with my AT&T sim card?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon 9930 to AT&T sim card

You'll need an unlock code. I used freeblackberryunlocking.com for unlocking my Verizon 9930 to take to Scotland. As soon as you insert your AT&T SIM card, it will ask for this code. Enter it and you should be good to go. You might also need your IMEI code, which you can get by typing *#06#

For future reference, something like this is easily searchable and has been answered many times.
    Be Bold.
    Storm 9530-> Storm2 9550-> Bold 9650-> Bold 9930-> HTC DNA-> Z10-> Z30
    CrackBerry Genius

Here another thread with the same issues that may be helpful.

Difficulty Running AT&T service on Verizon Blackberry 9930
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lkveggie View Post
    You'll need an unlock code. I used freeblackberryunlocking.com for unlocking my Verizon 9930 to take to Scotland. As soon as you insert your AT&T SIM card, it will ask for this code. Enter it and you should be good to go. You might also need your IMEI code, which you can get by typing *#06#

For future reference, something like this is easily searchable and has been answered many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBud68 View Post
    Here another thread with the same issues that may be helpful.

Difficulty Running AT&T service on Verizon Blackberry 9930
    Yeah, the thread RoseBud posted is my thread. lkveggie, I did unlock my phone and I put my friend's SIM card into it, but it did not work. Wildblue4, did you have any luck with getting AT&T to work on that phone?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

You may have to activate your specific phone in order for it to work. I had to tell my carrier what phone I was using, via the pin. Otherwise I would try calling AT&T...they'll be able to help you out.
    Be Bold.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Polski4u View Post
    Yeah, the thread RoseBud posted is my thread. lkveggie, I did unlock my phone and I put my friend's SIM card into it, but it did not work. Wildblue4, did you have any luck with getting AT&T to work on that phone?
    Your question was answered on your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    1) You need a BlackBerry data plan
    2) You'll never get 3G/4G on AT&T
    3) You should have bought a 9900
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Also, you will have a problem with email on your 9930 if you're planning on using AT&T. Since AT&T uses 9900s, their applications are set up to only support those phones. Therefore, certain applications won't work for you. I would suggest getting a 9900 if you want this device for work.
    Be Bold.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Theres hope

This thread may be dead but contains some false info Ms lkVeggie.( I mean no disrespect)

I own and use a Verizon branded 9930 on AT&T's Network. I have a BIS plan with browser, email, mms, and bbm all setup and enabled just fine. In fact my push email alert is instantaneous like it should be, and is not affected by the network switch. The big issue is the mobile network's data d/l speed being restricted to EDGE.

You must call to activate the phone on your profile(tell them its an unlocked world phone). As stated before you you need a blackberry data plan that is limited to 2g speeds without wifi. This Link should help you with your browser, mms,and email troubles. How To: Get MMS on unlocked 9930 for AT&T (or another GSM carrier)!

My personal issues with the Verizon 9930 are the "flash" option being present versus the "swap call/hold" option. Also no option to end 2nd call. This makes handling second/conference calls frustrating. I have yet to see someone post on this call swap issue , but I've seen many on the call waiting glitch in Verizon's 9930. If someone has a fix for this, I would appreciate the help.