So no matter what i do my Verizon 9930 will attempt to push data including BIS thru the mobile network rather then using wifi. If I turn off the mobile network and just leave wifi it will switch, BIS shows wifi, internet browsing is fast, all network services are quick. If I turn back on the mobile network it will switch back to slow internet speeds and BIS goes back to mobile network.

Its like there is a preferred data connection and its defaulting to Verizon to use up my data plan.

Can I set a preferred data connection ?
    03-02-14 12:21 PM
    From memory, Routing priority for BBOS is set in Service Books pushed by your carrier. All you can do is login to the BIS configuration web page (or via your BES admin if it is a work issue device) and force resend of service books. If that doesn't fix the problem you have probably been shafted by the carrier.
    03-02-14 04:12 PM
    Hmmm.... If I setup my BIS from my phone, how do I login to resend the Service Books ?

So there is no way around this ? Thats kinda crazy for Verizon to force this isnt it ?

Any way to edit the service book for this setting ?
    03-02-14 11:32 PM
    In settings>Device>Advanced>Host Routing Table

It has, in order..
    CDMA US (c-verizon-us)
    Wi-Fi
    CDMA US ,,,,,,,,
    03-02-14 11:38 PM
    HmmMmmMmmm.....

So after a hour of playing with it I am further confuzed...

If I turn off my mobile network and just leave on wifi im getting pretty weird results..

The wifi is weird. If I reboot, even tho it has a saved connection it does not associate right away. Like at all. If I manually force it it will first say it could not associate, but when I do it a second time it always works. So thats all a bit weird. I have killer signal strenght and other devices hook up just fine.

Once hooked up.

The browser will work great, every time. My beweather, is a bit more wacky to work. My BIS services sometimes come online, sometimes not. BBM has steadfastly refused to come online complaining "insufficient wireless services" when I can use the web browser fine.

BIS coming online is random and rare.

So its seeming that my real issue is with wifi in a really weird way. Web browsing works great. BB stuff is random and rarely works at all
    03-03-14 01:50 AM
    A Factory wipe may have fixed my problems. I am still checking and will report back.
    03-03-14 09:48 AM
    Yes a factory wipe seemed to have fixed my issue.

So how did it get screwed up ?

I updated the OS. I also restored it from a curve backup. I updated a number of apps..

My guess is something got corrupt and doing a factory wipe / restore settings set everything correctly and the wifi works perfectly now.

So anyone with the above problems, do a factory wipe.
    03-03-14 01:59 PM