Hi, I just received a BB Bold 9930 today from Ebay. I tried to activate it on Verizon Wireless and it the ESN showed up clean and ready to go in my online account. I tried the *228 and activation fails. I called Verizon and their tech support is telling me that the BB pin is associated with a non Verizon account, that is why it won't activate. They are going to call me back after looking into it. Does this mean I won't be able to use this phone??
    02-02-13 12:06 PM
    I reactivated my 9930 last week using one of my other phone lines. The Verizon tech went through about 3 different ways and failed to reactivate the 9930. Finally we wiped the phone completely, then did a #00000 and edited two lines manually.
    02-02-13 12:40 PM
    We did try the full wipe and they walked me through editing the lines....no luck. The BB pin attached to this phone is apparently active on another carrier outside of the USA. Hoping they can resolve this because I really like this phone so far.
    02-02-13 12:51 PM
    Try unlocking it. that may reset the pin and make it usable on all networks including att, sadly because of the bands you would probably only get edge service on att though lol but unlocking can fix pin issues, or at least it used to on my old trackball berries :-D
    02-02-13 08:53 PM
    Try unlocking it. that may reset the pin and make it usable on all networks including att, sadly because of the bands you would probably only get edge service on att though lol but unlocking can fix pin issues, or at least it used to on my old trackball berries :-D
    Thanks for the info. The phone is going back as it has a return policy. I purchased another one that should be here this week. Hopefully it activates without issue. If not I will try what was suggested.
    02-03-13 09:31 AM