I use a griffin usb adaptor for the car socket and my usb cable to charge my phone in my car. It has always worked for my previous phones (9650, 9530, droid x) but now I cant seem to get the cord to charge my 9930. Anyone else have this problem? Am I gonna have to get a car charger?
    08-27-11 09:01 PM
    No mine seems to work ok maybe the adapter is bad. I have also used several micro usb charges from other devices and they all worked. Verizon has told me in the past that any micro usb charger will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 09:05 PM
    Yeah quite common now with the newer berries. I ordered one of these USB cables and it works great with the dual USB 12v adapter I use in my car...

Amazon.com: AgreenC: Electronics

PG
    08-27-11 09:07 PM
    I'm having the same issue with a Qmadix USB Mobile Charging Kit that I purchased from Crackberry.com. It will charge my BB Torch, but not my BB Bold 9930. I'm returning this kit for the BB car charger. I'm hoping it will charge the phone. I guess if it doesn't work, I'll be taking the phone back to see about exchanging it.
    03-20-12 07:58 AM
    There is nothing wrong with your device.... given that BB (as do all manufacturers) states to use their own specific charging accessories then nobody should be suprised that sometimes other chargers do not work... the fact that we have all assumed they should is our problem... so if in doubt, check.

..and yes,me too!.. i took a generic charger on a trip and had no phone for 2 days...lol
    03-20-12 08:07 AM
    I also had this problem with my old charger but i have another one that worked fine.
    03-20-12 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD