Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thebiscuit1
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Urgent Help Synchronizing BB 9900 contacts with Mac Address Book

I have a brand new BlackBerry Bold 9900 running software version 7.0.0.576.
    (says im running 7.0.0 Bundle 2392)

I want to synchronize my phone's contacts to replace all of the contacts on my mac address book.

It claims to be already synchronizing to AT&T, and 2 other email address's of mine. I would love for that to cease, as i have clicked options under Address Book, and see already 3 contact lists. I cannot delete them, or at least cannot figure out how to, Id like to set it up sync with 1 email address only but I need to delete those first and have no idea how to......someone please fill me in on that, and for some reason i downloaded and redownloaded the newest desktop software and when im on the side menu for contacts i select two way sync, but there are no lists that show up, its green and a big white box with not one thing inside. I cant even choose anything to sync with.......someone please assist me with this if possible! I might even pay if you knew how to fix that hahaha!

I also have one more issue, I want the new 7.1 OS but it will only let me download the PC .exe file, where is the mac one? is there a mac version? if so how do I do it?

Is there an idea on an actual release date from RIM on the new OS (7.1)?

Please let me know if you can help guys!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

ANY moderators or experts have any advice????
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

help needed asap please
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

ill paypal $50.00 to whomever finds the solutions for me.
    adamrollins likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Im not sure what do you mean by Mac Address book ? , ur bis will sync all the contacts with whatever email you want to sync with , under the mac options , us os is .576 which is already the latest one , the latest leak is .402 , Its up to the carrier to implement an os update , meaning its their choice to do it , if you really want it you have to download it , and manually install the os ( taking into account the risk of bricking/nuking your phone, if u dont follow procedure)

If u go to email options , see the emails you have setup , then in each one of them go to synchronize options , you can choose which account is synching what, then you can also change the default email to which ur accounts, calendar sync to , To do that , type default on the home screen , and see the default services option , make the relevant choice,

RIm's official bb site has detailed documents about it , just google for it
    CrackBerry Genius

You need the BlackBerry desktop software to sync your phone to the Mac. It will also provide the latest update for the phone software provided by your carrier.

The sync will sync to the Address book on the Mac. I don't think you can choose another address book if you are running a third party contact app on the Mac. I am trialing MS Office 2011, I will check to see if there is an option to sync the outlook contacts list.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0996B0A4A20B01

You can probably delete the email address under setup and the email option of the phone.
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-30-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B122FD4

I sync frequently. Use the DM for Mac.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

the email address's associated with the contact list are not the ones that show up on the actual set up page. there old emails, i cant figure out how to delete them, and by mac address book i mean on a my macbook pro, the address book application. i want to sync my bb contacts to that application, but on the BB DM when I click 2-way it doesn't even show up as an option
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebiscuit1 View Post
    the email address's associated with the contact list are not the ones that show up on the actual set up page. there old emails, i cant figure out how to delete them, and by mac address book i mean on a my macbook pro, the address book application. i want to sync my bb contacts to that application, but on the BB DM when I click 2-way it doesn't even show up as an option
    It's rather difficult to sync Mac addressbook to a BB.
    You can do it via Google account. There are a few good ways to sync/transfer Mac addressbook to Google. I use "Spanning sync" (paid app) to sync iCal and contacts wirelessly to Google. While Calendar sync flawlessly from iCal>Google>BB, I experienced a few glitches with contact sync.
    What I do is save all contact (select all) into vCard and use Google's import function. After that, use Google Sync in BB and you are done. Make sure you delete duplicate i Google contact (remove "imported contacts" as they are duplicate).
    CrackBerry Genius

You need to hit the sync icon/button at the top right of the application window to start the phone syncing. It will sync iCal, Contacts, iTunes and a few other apps.

If you are new to BlackBerry you may just want to bring it into a cellular store and get them to show you how to add or delete email accounts from the phone. I checked on my 9900 and it is just a matter of going into the email setup program, highlighting the account, press the BlackBerry key (left of the trackpad, with the seven dots) and select delete from the menu.

If you are having problems finding the setup on the phone, just type setup when at the home screen and the universal search will show you a list of setup items.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by xanadome View Post
    It's rather difficult to sync Mac addressbook to a BB.
    You can do it via Google account.
    Are we talking about the Mac address book or an address book in a web based email or cloud service? For the Mac Contacts address book, it is just a matter of plugging in the phone and using the BlackBerry Desktop software. If you need a cloud based email address book synced, you need to setup the sync from the cloud to the Mac, not from the phone to the Mac.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

not a cloud based anything id just love to be able to connect the mac address book and import my bb contacts into it, and vica versa ya know?

and also i do not understand how the address book is still attaching its synching to email address's that are no longer on my blackberry at all.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

and of course i cant download any of the updates because they are all .exe files
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

so any ideas?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robsteve View Post
    Are we talking about the Mac address book or an address book in a web based email or cloud service? For the Mac Contacts address book, it is just a matter of plugging in the phone and using the BlackBerry Desktop software. If you need a cloud based email address book synced, you need to setup the sync from the cloud to the Mac, not from the phone to the Mac.
    Oops, you hit me :-).
    I was talking about wireless 2 ways sync, which works flawlessly on calendar between my Mac and BB via Google. In the past, this was not possible with BBDT SW since Apple went iCloud, so I stopped using the DT SW altogether a long time ago but I do remember that contact sync was working. But it was not wireless like Mac/iPhone.
    CrackBerry Genius

and of course i cant download any of the updates because they are all .exe files
    It is not all that clear whether you got the Desktop Software working. When you connect your phone with a USB cable does the phone show up in the BlackBerry Desktop software? Are you able to to do a backup? You may just not be connected to your phone.

If the desktop software on the Mac is not showing an update available, the only way to update to one of the latest OS versions will be with a Windows PC or VMware fusion and Windows running on your Mac.

You may have to find somebody local to you that specializes in BlackBerries and have them update the software and show you how the desktop software works.

What country and carrier are you using. Somebody may be able to help you out in regards to what your carrier should be suing now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Urgent Help Synchronizing BB 9900 contacts with Mac Address Book

I have a brand new BlackBerry Bold 9900 running software version 7.0.0.576.
    (says im running 7.0.0 Bundle 2392)

I want to synchronize my phone's contacts to replace all of the contacts on my mac address book.

It claims to be already synchronizing to AT&T, and 2 other email address's of mine. I would love for that to cease, as i have clicked options under Address Book, and see already 3 contact lists. I cannot delete them, or at least cannot figure out how to, Id like to set it up sync with 1 email address only but I need to delete those first and have no idea how to......someone please fill me in on that, and for some reason i downloaded and redownloaded the newest desktop software and when im on the side menu for contacts i select two way sync, but there are no lists that show up, its green and a big white box with not one thing inside. I cant even choose anything to sync with.......someone please assist me with this if possible! I might even pay if you knew how to fix that hahaha!

I also have one more issue, I want the new 7.1 OS but it will only let me download the PC .exe file, where is the mac one? is there a mac version? if so how do I do it?

Is there an idea on an actual release date from RIM on the new OS (7.1)?

Please let me know if you can help guys!

I had the same issue were partial contacts would synchronize with MAC osx 10.6.8 address book and BB Desktop Manager 2.4.0 for MAC and BB Bold 9900 on 7.1.0.694.

If you note in your address book option there will probably be several contact list. MENU/select contact list. If this is the case proceed:

What is happening is that your address book is segmented into different contact list. ONLY the one selected on the device "as default" is synced.

NOTE: BEFORE YOU START MESSING WITH SYNC check settings on BB Desktop Manager is not syncing with MAC Address Book for the time being. The same goes with the
    MAC address book with MS OUTLOOK or Google Sync. Stop and autosync and better yet shut off totally. Set it back later -Take control - You don't want syncing all over the place, one at a time!

What you will need to do is go to your BB device options. find "default services" (you can type in global search bar) . You must
    change the default on ever contact list you have and sync with BB Desktop Manager.

A message will come up on when you go to sync indicating that your default contact list has changed from previous sync.

Select MERGE. and MAKE SURE YOU VIEW EACH CONFLICTS. there will be a nice little window showing you both contacts conflicting.
    (Some conflicts will be just titles and other conflicts will be email, number , etc (just make sure to scroll each to view phone # below view window)

********Its not the time to be lazy - It is the time best time to quickly groom your records (dont select apply to all - it could haunt you)
    go record by record - it goes fast and there is nothing better to have a good piece of mind that you saved the right info on contacts.********

The next step will be to find a central location for your new complete address book. I have Outlook 2011 on the MAC but find that the
    native MAC OSX Address Book is much lighter and efficient for merging records, previewing and resolving conflicts.

Turn on the SYNC option back on the BB desktop Manager when you have extracted all your contact list from your device.
    SELECT sync option with MAC AddressBook under contacts.

You should see all you contacts populated in the MAC Address Book. Once your contacts look good, backup your entire BB Device and
    and MAC AddressBook.

Now comes the scare part (Dont worry if you did a full backup): You can delete all your BB device contacts in all the contact list.

Sync your MAC address book -->BB Desktop Manager --> BB 9900 Device Address book.

PS: You can also use export as csv just like on like on Linkedin-connections, Google-contacts, and Outlook-contacts and bring IMPORT them all together
    one by one to your "Central MAC AddressBook"