Ok, so I tried to order online. It let me keep the unlimited phone data, but only gave me the $20/2GB hotspot option. The hotspot feature IS THERE

I am going to wait until 8 and call telsales and see if i can transfer my current unlimted hotspot plan for $30.

anyone been able to do this yet? i thought 3G and 4G data were treated the same.
    08-15-11 06:03 AM
    Don't get your hopes up to high, I can choose the $20/2GB option for my Bold 9650 even though it is not capable of the mobile hotspot function. That being said, I do hope this new Bold does have the hotspot function activated and available.
    08-15-11 08:04 AM
    when i tried to buy online, under chossing features, it was there.
    08-15-11 08:06 AM
    The 20 dollar hotspot/mobile broadband, besides being hotspot is also using your BB as a tether modem, via bluetooth or USB cable, so it COULD mean that. I had the plan on my 9650 first month I had the PB, until the bridge function improved to a functional level.
    08-15-11 08:14 AM
    Lucky for you it allowed you to keep your unlimited data, since I am transfering from a Droid 3 it wiped out my data plan. So tomorrow before I activate my phone I will be calling in to CS and getting my unlimited data added back on. The nice CSR from this morning noted my account. Still you never know who you will get on the phone the next day or if they will truly work with me or not.
    08-15-11 12:07 PM
    My hotspot died on me today. I switched to the 4gb tethering plan for 45 with AT&T my hotspot is back up and running again with no problems.
    12-28-11 03:47 AM
    My hotspot died on me today. I switched to the 4gb tethering plan for 45 with AT&T my hotspot is back up and running again with no problems.
    I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T trying to get my 5GB Enterprise Email with tethering plan for $60 to work and the person I talked to couldn't get it to work. She even called tech support. They kept saying the Activation message I'm getting only applies to iPhones and that I needed to download AT&T's connection manager. Trying to get them to understand I'm running 7.1 and shouldn't have to download the connection manager because it has hotspot was futile. So still no hotspot for me.

I figure I might have to wait until they officially support 7.1 which s*cks.
    12-28-11 09:29 AM
    Wow really? So at&t is actively blocking tethering on non-supported plans. WHich data plan did you have before you switched to the 4GB tethering plan?
    12-28-11 01:31 PM
    I have hotspot activated on my plan for $20 with 2GB. I was able to keep my unlimited data plan.

Oh and yes my mobile hotspot works great!
    12-28-11 01:43 PM
    I had the 2GB data plan for $25 dollars switched to the $45 for 4GB with tethering and Hotspot works with no problems
    01-11-12 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD