Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By aluiziomachado
  • 6 Post By Chrysalis1156
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default "Upgrading" from my 9900 to a 9780 !

Finnaly i returned to a good device. For 3 months i've tried to get the best from my 9900. It was useless. Now with my new 9780 my life returned to normal.

1- The signal strenght on 9900 was erratic and certainly worst than any other BB. It could not affect all users, but must of them. Many users did not complain because even with a low reception (edge) they could use it, make calls , receive emails, etc..But if you give a look at the new 9900 OS releases forums, they are full of people asking for and reporting about the signal strenght. Many engage on epic journeys in search for the best OS regarding the battery lenght and signal strenght. Now with my new 9780 , even in a bad recpetion areas i have full bars 3G. The call quality is great and i 've no issues regarding bluetooth headsets. It works perfectly
    2- Battery capacity is not a problem anymore. It could even reach 3 days (a weekend trip for instance) using a lot , but mainly a can use it all day long with all connectivity on (bluetooth, wireless), messenger on all the time, whatever....i will not have to charge or change my battery during the day, and even think about it.
    3- The OS 6 is not bad compared do os 7. I cant note anymore the usual lags and middlescreen clocks that was happing with my 9900 (many time when i was clicking on messages it was freezing for second until get back). It is smooth and fast, like it was on 9700 OS 5. I just changed the theme to not deal with the scrooling panes. I would never search or change my OS for a new release, i 've no complain about signal and battery now.
    4- I can grip my new 9780 and slide it out of the leather case with just one hand to see the news (using my thumb and my middle finger). The keyboard is of course worst, but to type with just one hand it to could be better for many, because it is small, and your thumb reach easy all the keyboard. I found out that the 9780 keyboard is a little better than 9700 because it is rubberized. In fact , it is the same as 9900 but a little small.
    5- The touch screen of 9900 is great, it is beautiful to show and tell to others about the possibilities. But it is useless for many. The touchscreen make you more cautious, and like iphone users, you see people griping the device and put inside their pockets like they were handling a fragile device in somekind of "slowmotion", not a workhorse business phone.

For those who feel that are something "wrong", something not quite right with the 9900 and want the tradicional quality and performance of the BBs , i would recommend "upgrade"to 9780.
    Thanked by:
    barbarianthemadserb (07-27-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,310 Global Posts

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience with your 9900. My 9930 works great. I don't drop calls or lose reception and the only time I see the spinning clock is when downloading something from AppWorld. The keyboard is the best I've ever used and I love having the option to use the touchscreen. While I can't go 3 days without charging (and have never been able to on any bb and I've used OS4, 6 & 7) I can use mine all day long on a single charge. I wouldn't trade my 9930 for anything else. There's a right device for everyone tho. Glad you found yours.
    Thanked by 2:
    deezy87 (07-27-2012),  Spencerdl (07-27-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    16,658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrysalis1156 View Post
    wow, sorry you had such a bad experience with your 9900. My 9930 works great. I don't drop calls or lose reception and the only time i see the spinning clock is when downloading something from appworld. The keyboard is the best i've ever used and i love having the option to use the touchscreen. While i can't go 3 days without charging (and have never been able to on any bb and i've used os4, 6 & 7) i can use mine all day long on a single charge. I wouldn't trade my 9930 for anything else. There's a right device for everyone tho. Glad you found yours.
    +1........exactly!!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis1156 View Post
    Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience with your 9900. My 9930 works great. I don't drop calls or lose reception and the only time I see the spinning clock is when downloading something from AppWorld. The keyboard is the best I've ever used and I love having the option to use the touchscreen. While I can't go 3 days without charging (and have never been able to on any bb and I've used OS4, 6 & 7) I can use mine all day long on a single charge. I wouldn't trade my 9930 for anything else. There's a right device for everyone tho. Glad you found yours.
    I have to agree with you. There is a right device for each one. It depends on your country, your Carrier, etc..We get a little frustrated when the last new device just doesnt work right for you. And I see that are many people trying to make it work (changing OS , etc) even finding it is not working well. Sometimes you have to downgrade to get the best for you. Hugs
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 07-27-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

But, just for fun....This is a movement that you cannot do with the new 9900 (a fast looking at with just one hand...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Upgrading" from my 9900 to a 9780 !-bbmove.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    barbarianthemadserb (07-27-2012) 
  6. 2c
    CrackBerry Addict

well techinically it is downgrading, and you should have opted for 9360 instead of 9780.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    well techinically it is downgrading, and you should have opted for 9360 instead of 9780.
    9780 Battery= 1500Mah / keyboard = small version of 9900 keyboard

9360 battery = 1000Mah / keyboard , not so good
    wolfee48 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28A006EA

It's all down to personal preference. I have used the 9780 before, and although I do miss it at times, the 9900 is the BEST BB I have ever used, hands down. No question about it.
    Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
    iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,982 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

I love my 9780 the short time I had it...had an unlocked Rogers unit, and got rid of it because I couldn't provision visual voicemail without doing major surgery on the OS, and I never trusted myself to do all that. Overall, great phone though! Nice all-black look, battery life for-freaking-ever...

But, aside from those things...the 9900 totally whips the 9780 in every other category.

But, that's the reason they make vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream too!

To each their own.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I still miss my slider Torch - but the 9930 is ok, I guess.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Cool

Why did you not go for 9790?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: Pin: Pin: Pin: Pin: Pin: Pin: Pin:

1. i don't have a signal issue like you
    2. my battery can last more than 1 day , with 9780 my battery last for more than 1 day too , just the same , make sure you're on 7.1.0.5xx
    3. i never experienced a lag or loading or anything in 9900 . it has 1,2 GHz prossecor . OS 7 is faster , smoother , and have more feature of course ,
    OS 6 has stuttering transition , not so smooth , and has camera bug when viewing pictures , and in browser , no one can compare to OS 7 .
    4. maybe you have a small hand , if the person that have a big hand like me , it was a problem
    5. i didn't get your point in here . but i can see you don't need touchscreen ..

i think you're only illfeel with 9900 , every people get different unit , maybe you're get a bad production unit maybe ?

9900 is more elegant more cool of course than 9780 , i have both of these phone too , but i put my 9780 in shelves and use 9900 instead

the only one i like about my 9780 , it has frequently fall from my hand but it isn't broken . very cool .

but i congratz you for get a suitable device for your activities . 9780 was great too . just only a little minus in screen sensitive and double typing keyboard .

if there is anyone who are disappointed with 9900 , i recommend you to buy 9790 Onyx3 . my friend use it and according to me , that was a great device too .
    Last edited by noez92; 07-28-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    iPad 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    15,580 Global Posts

Congratulations on finding a device that works for you!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point

Quote Originally Posted by aluiziomachado View Post
    Finnaly i returned to a good device. For 3 months i've tried to get the best from my 9900. It was useless. Now with my new 9780 my life returned to normal.

1- The signal strenght on 9900 was erratic and certainly worst than any other BB. It could not affect all users, but must of them. Many users did not complain because even with a low reception (edge) they could use it, make calls , receive emails, etc..But if you give a look at the new 9900 OS releases forums, they are full of people asking for and reporting about the signal strenght. Many engage on epic journeys in search for the best OS regarding the battery lenght and signal strenght. Now with my new 9780 , even in a bad recpetion areas i have full bars 3G. The call quality is great and i 've no issues regarding bluetooth headsets. It works perfectly
    2- Battery capacity is not a problem anymore. It could even reach 3 days (a weekend trip for instance) using a lot , but mainly a can use it all day long with all connectivity on (bluetooth, wireless), messenger on all the time, whatever....i will not have to charge or change my battery during the day, and even think about it.
    3- The OS 6 is not bad compared do os 7. I cant note anymore the usual lags and middlescreen clocks that was happing with my 9900 (many time when i was clicking on messages it was freezing for second until get back). It is smooth and fast, like it was on 9700 OS 5. I just changed the theme to not deal with the scrooling panes. I would never search or change my OS for a new release, i 've no complain about signal and battery now.
    4- I can grip my new 9780 and slide it out of the leather case with just one hand to see the news (using my thumb and my middle finger). The keyboard is of course worst, but to type with just one hand it to could be better for many, because it is small, and your thumb reach easy all the keyboard. I found out that the 9780 keyboard is a little better than 9700 because it is rubberized. In fact , it is the same as 9900 but a little small.
    5- The touch screen of 9900 is great, it is beautiful to show and tell to others about the possibilities. But it is useless for many. The touchscreen make you more cautious, and like iphone users, you see people griping the device and put inside their pockets like they were handling a fragile device in somekind of "slowmotion", not a workhorse business phone.

For those who feel that are something "wrong", something not quite right with the 9900 and want the tradicional quality and performance of the BBs , i would recommend "upgrade"to 9780.
    What's your point ?.
    1. 9900 is not upto mark
    2. 9780 is better than 9900
    3. You'r standard we should rally on.
    4. One size fit all.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well, here where I'm at in the US, I needed VZN to get a dependable signal. And the 9790 is not available :-/