I currently own a iPhone 4 with vodafone UK, I can now have a early upgrade, I currently also own a blackberry 8520, I don't know if I should upgrade to the new 9900? I have been a blackberry user for years, I originally had the 8900, 9000 and the 8520. I text alot i send around 12,000 texts a month. I hate texting on my iPhone! I currently pay �40 a month for my iPhone 4 and get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb of Internet, with the new blackberry 9900 I will get 900 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb of Internet for �40 a month and I am considering of purchasing it on a 12 month contract which will cost me �139 upfront what do you think?
    09-10-11 10:23 AM
    You're asking this question on crackberry, what kind of answer do you expect? "Stick to the iPhone"? :P

Best hardware keyboard on a mobile phone. You'll miss the apps if you use a lot of apps on your iphone. That's about all I can say.
    09-10-11 10:27 AM
    I went from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry 9800...

I miss the applications, games, and media things I could do with the iPhone 4. I miss the quickness of the UI, and also the speedy boot time.

I love the keyboard with my 9800. I absolutely love the email client, and that is one of the reasons I quit. I don't like the touch screen on it.

I don't regret my decision, but I am waiting to try out both phones before I get a new one. :P
    09-10-11 10:32 AM
    12,000 texts a month!! That's nuts. I always thought network providers capped "unlimited texts" .
    09-10-11 10:34 AM
    I made sure before I got my iPhone 4 that vodafone unlimited texts ment unlimited and I've never been charged
    09-10-11 10:43 AM
    I watched my 16 year old niece go trough 1000 in a day lol, you'd be surprised.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AlexH1992 likes this.
    09-10-11 10:46 AM
    If you had the choice would you go back to the iPhone 4??
    09-10-11 10:50 AM
    Switched from the Iphone 4 myself. Not missing it at all. I don't use my phone for games or anything like that. I like to keep music on it so if always have something to listen to on the road. I text, e-mail, and make phone calls. The keyboard is miles ahead of even the Iphone 4's touchscreen. Which is the best touchscreen out there that I've tested. And phone calls aren't even comparable. I'm glad I left the Iphone. Never going back to it.
    alexgsm and AlexH1992 like this.
    09-10-11 10:55 AM
    Thanks! I was a blackberry user in the past, I had the curve 8900, bold 9000 and a curve 8520, I miss my blackberry bold 9000 the most and the bold keyboard is the best!
    09-10-11 10:57 AM
    12000 text a month? That's 400 texts per day. I can't even imagine spending that much time on texting. I don't own either devices but for some reason I get the feeling you need to try out the iphone to appreciate Blackberry. Otherwise your always wondering what it might have been like to own one.
    Kyle. likes this.
    09-10-11 11:01 AM
    12000 text a month? That's 400 texts per day. I can't even imagine spending that much time on texting. I don't own either devices but for some reason I get the feeling you need to try out the iphone to appreciate Blackberry. Otherwise your always wondering what it might have been like to own one.
    such a good point..went over to the Droid X for almost a year..as soon as I got my hands on a 9930 to try out, i ordered one right away.
    09-10-11 11:17 AM
    for some reason I get the feeling you need to try out the iphone to appreciate Blackberry. Otherwise your always wondering what it might have been like to own one.
    Exactly how I feel

Cachorrondo likes this.
    09-10-11 11:23 AM
    Had BB for the last 5 years or so, last year was tempted by IP4 and for the last 12 months I have enjoyed using it, but when the 9900 came out I just had to have one, I was so desperate to get back to a mobile that could make email a pleasure and be reliable, as my business depends on it. Bought a sim free 9900, called Orange and changed my plan back to a BB plan, I AM LOVING THE 9900, wow its so refreshing to be back on the BB. iPhone is a toy, BB is a tool, would never go back to an iPhone.
    I have my BB 9900 and an iPad, thats all i need.
    09-10-11 11:31 AM
    I have both. But, I do wish the battery on the 9900 would last longer. I do the same things on my iPhone [of course except BlackBerry Messenger], and the battery will last almost two days. On the 9900, I MUST charge it at least once a day...
    AlexH1992 and Bromo33333 like this.
    09-10-11 11:51 AM
    My last phone was an iPhone 4 and I'm now using a Bold 9930. Love it. The only thing I carry around my iPhone 4 for is Netflix at the gym. Other than that, I don't miss my iPhone at all. This baby is a messaging machine!
    09-10-11 02:19 PM
    Less time than you realize, autotext plays a big part....shaves loads of time when typing.
    09-10-11 02:26 PM
    I just made this switch myself.

What I miss about the iPhone 4 so far;

1) The screen size and resolution is no comparison, if you browse the web, read articles, or do much with games or videos (even youtube) you will miss how sweet this was on the iPhone 4 in comparison. The web browser itself is also still ahead of the BB browser in terms of function / ease of use.

2) It just worked. seriously, it's far more intuitive and things had a tendency to work with little effort or setup on my part. I'm learning more and more about BB OS every day and I'm able to do what I need to do, but things had a tendency to be more fluid, intuitive, and easier to navigate / setup on the iPhone. I find on the BB there are a lot of setting pages and sub menus and things to navigate through. Also Gmail for instance is still giving me headaches on the Bold 9900, finally have it working but it's not syncing properly some of the time. There is however a trade off, the BB is far more customizable.

What I don't miss;

1)Muting or ending calls with my face because of a useless proximity sensor if you hold the phone "wrong".

2) While I could type fast on the touch screen keyboard, I was prone to way too many typos and had to turn off auto correct because it would guess words wrong all the time.

3) The fun stuff, browsing the web, and a few apps. Pulse news reader was a favorite of mine and so far I haven't found an equivelent.

What I love about the Bold 9900;

1) Calls and texting, as everyone already knows and has mentioned time and time again. This keyboard kicks ***, to be honest I never minded the virtual touch screen keyboard on the iPhone but now that I've used this, I understand what all the fuss is about.

2) I can use it as a USB drive, and it's easy enough to drag mp3's to the phone, then use those for ring / alert sounds. I still can't fathom why you can't set custom alert tones on the iPhone. You can upload and set custom ring tones on iPhones, but only for phone calls, and there are some hoops to jump through to do it.

I will most definitely be trying out the iPhone 5 when it comes out, but so far I dig this phone and I'm not in ant hurry to switch back to my iPhone 4. It is a better phone and texting device, and I could probably benefit from spending less time goofing around on the web or playin games with my hand held anyway.
    koroshiyax and andy957 like this.
    09-10-11 02:42 PM
    Do it! Never owned an iphone, but played with my girlfriend. Hands down the 9900 is the better phone, only thing I found better was the apps. But luckly I don't care for it eh.

09-10-11 04:45 PM
    Do it! Never owned an iphone, but played with my girlfriend.
    LOL. I would guess that playing with your girlfriend is better than owing an iPhone too!!!
    andy957 and Cachorrondo like this.
    09-10-11 05:10 PM
    12,000 txt's a month and you have to ask that question? It truly is obvious what device is for you. Plus you get 300 more mins for the same price. No brainer if you ask me, but you are on CB. Ask the guys on the IP4 forum and I'd like to hear their honest answer.
    09-10-11 06:59 PM
    12,000 txt's a month and you have to ask that question? It truly is obvious what device is for you.
    Just thought I'd point out, that's a damn good point.

On another note, I found out today (while at the park trying to take some closeups of a strange bug) that the iPhone camera is far superior.

I had heard about the camera in this thing being sub par, but didn't really give it much consideration as I have a camera for when I want to take "serious" pictures. It still doesn't bother me too much, but in this instance I was camera-less and had the iPhone been in my pocket instead, I'd have been more satisfied with the photos I was able to get. I'm sure I'm bound to run into more similar situations in the future.
    09-10-11 07:39 PM
    I went from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry 9800...

I miss the applications, games, and media things I could do with the iPhone 4. I miss the quickness of the UI, and also the speedy boot time.

I love the keyboard with my 9800. I absolutely love the email client, and that is one of the reasons I quit. I don't like the touch screen on it.

I don't regret my decision, but I am waiting to try out both phones before I get a new one. :P
    maybe you would regret once the release of iPhone 5 rock n' roll again
    09-10-11 08:16 PM
    I am currently using both my 9900 and IP4, why? Because I am waiting for the IP5 to be released before I make my final decision.

I love my BB especially the keyboard I can type so much faster and it is so more accurate, love how I can set different profiles alerts etc, its lighter and thinner and love how push email works.

The IP4 is a great phone to it hardly ever needs a reboot safari browser is very responsive and there is just a app for everything. The only app I really need is eBay which I believe will be released shortly for OS7.

So basically I love both phones leaning more towards the BB and just waiting for IP5. RIM did a great job with this phone.
    09-10-11 11:13 PM
    Just a quick note that while most UK network providers offer an unlimited SMS tarrif most have a cap.

For example, vodafone have a cap of 3,000. If you exceed this by 9000 you will be hit with an additional charge of around �900pm..

Make sure you ask the question if you change providers.

09-11-11 02:55 AM
    I have both ( iphone 4 n 9900 )
    iphone 4 for my primary phone
    9900 for using blackberry messenger only
    09-11-11 09:26 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD